Photo

Everytown now running ads in movie previews

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:44 PM

Those Bloomberg dollars coming to a theater near you.....

https://www.mom-at-a...heater-near-you

#2 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:03 AM

Bloomberg may have paid for the production of the ads, but I bet they got the theaters to play them for free as PSAs.

Posted Image

#3 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:41 AM

Good thing movie theattres are dieing and NOONE goes to them anymore (ones near me have discounted tickets, severely discounted M-Thr, all day, Fri -Sun before 5.  Same for snacks.  During those hours, extremely reduced staff too, and you buy your tickets at the concession stand,

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#4 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:21 AM

Yet another reason NOT to go to a movie theater.  Now they're playing leftist political ads before the movie?!

#5 FF1984

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:06 PM

A lot of eyeballs present and most people have their cell phones down with their full attention on the screen during the previews. 

I saw a movie with my wife a few weeks ago in Joliet and they played one of those ads.  First movie we saw in the theater in years and one of the first things we see is a thinly veiled anti-gun PSA.  I looked down at the bottom of the screen at the end of the ad and I see a who's who of anti-gun organizations listed. 

I just shook my head and reminded myself why we don't pay to see movies in the theater anymore.  But plenty do, especially the impressionable youth that either vote or will soon be eligible to vote.  

#6 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:14 PM

https://nypost.com/2...ke-2019-a-flop/

https://www.nytimes....ice-movies.html

Movie attendance is trending down.

Streaming and other similar services POPULAR with younger audiences are one reason.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#7 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,456 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:52 PM

Wish we had some Bloomberg dollars!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#8 steveTA84

• 5,767 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:09 PM

Wish we had some Bloomberg dollars!

No kidding

Also, try posting that article on MDA Facebook pages. They don’t like it and block pretty quick lol

#9 RECarry

• 2,465 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:48 PM

The irony of people seated in a Gun Free Zone not realizing they cannot defend themselves. 

A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#10 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:00 PM

The irony of people seated in a Gun Free Zone not realizing they cannot defend themselves. 

:pinch: Irony indeed !  Some people never learn.  How sad. :headbang1:

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#11 mikew

• Members
  • 5,105 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:34 PM

Are these playing in GFZ theaters?

#12 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 3,002 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

IF for some reason I find myself PAYING to see a movie and get THAT shoved in my face,

I will exit and demand my money back, and make SURE the manager knows WHY this is happening.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......
NRA Life Member
ISRA Life Member

#13 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:45 PM

IF for some reason I find myself PAYING to see a movie and get THAT shoved in my face,

I will exit and demand my money back, and make SURE the manager knows WHY this is happening.

Agreed !!

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#14 TriumphRider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:54 AM

+1

The Problem is not the problem.  The Problem is your Attitude about the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users