Delta Airlines - Big loser

Lou

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-delta-nra-gun-debate-20180302-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Proving that actions have consequences, even those mostly symbolic actions that feel good.

Delta lost a $50 million Georgia sales tax exemption for canceling a fare discount available to the National Rifle Association.

Only thirteen NRA members had ever taken advantage of the perk.

HA HA I LOVE IT!! I'd love to sit in on the next board meeting when they read that into the minutes!! I hope all gun owners shun Delta! We were recently treated poorly while held over by Delta in Atlanta. SIX hours because they couldn't put a crew together!! Losers!!

An article from Time Magazine about increased enrollment in pro gun organizations.

But outside the gun control debate in Washington, membership in the NRA and gun rights groups across the country, which includes more than five million Americans, is spiking, according to people familiar with the numbers.

http://time.com/5176471/national-rifle-association-membership-florida-shooting/

This site throws water on that. http://www.weeklystandard.com/fact-check-have-millions-joined-the-nra-since-the-parkland-shooting/article/2011755

"The only evidence provided in the article are Google trends and an assortment of tweets.

“Google Trends even show a massive surge in ‘how to join the NRA’ searches this week,’” I Love My Freedom touted. Indeed, Google searches did see an 80 percent increase in searches for “How to join the NRA,” but searches do not necessarily translate to actual new memberships."

"And for perspective, over the course of six months after the terrible spree shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, the NRA reported a 10 percent increase in membership. "

This is just too funny!

Total Number of Delta Passengers Who Used an NRA Discount: 13

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/03/total-number-of-delta-passengers-who-used-an-nra-discount-13/

Costliest virtue signal ever?

Caving to the online mob can be mighty costly as Delta airlines learned Thursday.

Monday, Georgia’s Senate blocked a fuel tax incentive bill designed to help out Delta after the airline capitulated to the demands of gun control activists and canceled discounts for NRA members.

Republican legislators promised to strip tax incentives from the bill unless Delta made up with the NRA and reinstated the discount. That never happened. Thursday, Georgia’s Senate passed the bill, but without lucrative fuel tax incentives for Delta.

Amazingly, only 13 Delta passengers have ever utilized the NRA discount, making Delta’s decision a frontrunner in the ‘We Blew Millions on Pointless Virtue Signalling’ race.

USA Today reported Friday:

The Georgia legislature removed a jet-fuel tax break from a larger tax package Thursday. Lawmakers were upset that Delta, which is headquartered in Atlanta, dropped the National Rifle Association from a discount-fare program in an effort to appear neutral on gun policy.

After the firestorm, Delta will review all its marketing programs to avoid those that might become political, CEO Ed Bastian announced Friday.

But the airline said only 13 passengers ever bought tickets with an NRA discount. That translates into each discount costing the airline about $3 million in tax breaks.

“We are in the process of a review to end group discounts for any group of a politically divisive nature,” Bastian said in a note to employees.

Delta attempted a Swiss maneuver, saying they were simply trying to stay neutral:

“Delta’s decision reflects the airline’s neutral status in the current national debate over gun control amid recent school shootings. Out of respect for our customers and employees on both sides, Delta has taken this action to refrain from entering this debate and focus on its business. Delta continues to support the 2nd Amendment.”

Unfortunately for Delta, we live in a time where you will be made to choose, or else.

I hope the comments about the membership growth of the NRA and GOA recently are true, since the media is seemingly nonstop in its labeling of the NRA as a terrorist organization or other negative images. Even more that after the Newtown, CT shooting, the Left seems to smell blood in the water and is going voraciously after gun rights and the NRA. Even if nothing actually gets passed into law, the Democrats are clearly gearing up to make this their major effort for the 2018 midterm elections. In fact, it probably is to their advantage to see the NRA get stronger (it still only includes a tiny fraction of the population, even at 5,5 million members) and no new gun control passed because then they can tell voters that its even more important to give the Dems control of Congress so that they can do SOMETHING to reduce gun availability. It would certainly help our cause if NRA members and others who value 2A rights boycott all of the companies that have publicly denounced the NRA through their elimination of member benefits. Those companies need to see consequences to their joining the hysteria of the anti-gun Left.

Delta is the pits. Not only ate they politically correct, their service is the worst. 45 minutes to an hour to talk to customer service and they can't be understood. When they make a mistake it's like pulling teeth to get it corrected.

I saw some comments noting that this punishment is just like government extortion. I politely suggested that ideally we wouldn't have any government incentives to begin with and then this whole issue wouldn't come up. The antis agreed until someone chimed in on healthcare, planned parenthood...and they called me a nazi.

I saw some comments noting that this punishment is just like government extortion. I politely suggested that ideally we wouldn't have any government incentives to begin with and then this whole issue wouldn't come up. The antis agreed until someone chimed in on healthcare, planned parenthood...and they called me a nazi.

You should have responded to the guy that if he supports planned parrenthood he has the blood of millions of unborn children on his hands.

You should have responded to the guy that if he supports planned parrenthood he has the blood of millions of unborn children on his hands.

Right...like they care about any of that. I'm tired of their car and Facebook stickers. Their standard reply is also disgusting - 'not a baby if it's not born'.

Happy to report that I was part of that number that added to the NRA. Purchased a 5 year membership 2 weeks ago.

And I signed up for ISRA while I was at it.

F' Delta.

Ditto. I always did the NRA 1 year thing, but opted for a longer time commitment and became an ISRA member for the first time.

Archived