FOID Address change before Renewal

I have someone who is trying to renew their concealed carry license. However they needed to update their address on their FOID card first. now they are waiting for their FOID card address change to be processed and they are within a couple weeks of expiration of their concealed carry license. Do they have any recourse to somehow get their renewal in if the system will not accept a renewal while they are still in the process of updating his address change on his FOID card?

it seems like he could get caught in a pinch here and his concealed carry license could expire before he can even be able to renew it online, due to the address change on the FOID...

He could of done it at the same time he renewed.

He could watch his dashboard and renew as soon as his new foid shows valid, or just go ahead and apply for his renewal now since he most likely will get another new foid with that.

His dashboard will not allow him to submit a renewal application...

He could of done it at the same time he renewed.

He could watch his dashboard and renew as soon as his new foid shows valid, or just go ahead and apply for his renewal now since he most likely will get another new foid with that.

His dashboard will not allow him to submit a renewal application...

That could be exactly what happens.

I was stuck with this scenario as well....

-I changed my address mid-December.

-My FOID went active 1/26/19

-I kept trying to submit my CCL renewal but received the dashboard error (my license expires 2/28/19)

-On 2/27 my CCL showed Active as of 2/26/19 (I'm pretty sure it showed active before then as well)

-On the same day (2/27) I was able to submit my renewal application and the error went away

I know Molly sent an inquiry on my behalf so I don't know if this resolved the error, or if I simply had to wait the 30 days for my FOID address change, and then the 30 days for my CCL address change before I could submit my application. It just so happened that I had a day to spare on my renewal.

Depending on the timeline you student may just need to wait.

Ironically I received my new CCL with the updated address on Sat March 1st, with an expiration of 2/28/19 :frantics:

Archived