Photo

New Sig Sauer SAS

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 spanishjames

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:49 AM

[quote name="djmarkla" post="1233928" timestamp="1570722394"][quote name="spanishjames" post="1233823" timestamp="1570637389"][quote name="drumgod" post="1233803" timestamp="1570629768"][quote name="Bitter Clinger" post="1231438" timestamp="1568719827"]
How do those sights work?  With only rear sights which are flush mounted into the slide, how do you line up on the target?[/quote]

I believe it is the same as these sights that have been around for quite a while:
 https://www.meprolig...ro-ft-bullseye/

So, basically a fiber-optic ring and dot that are only glow bright when both are correctly aligned.[/quote]
Yup, same thing, except the Springfield has the sight built into the slide, so it doesn't stick out.[/quote]
I think you meant to say the Sig has it built in to the slide[/quote]
Correct, thank you.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#32 Raw Power

• 1,558 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

Handled one last week. It's on my short list.

I have more Sig's then fingers and toes can count, not only but favorite, as soon as they have one with a hammer I'll buy it.   

We all have our preferences... 

Oh no no no safety, if you don't want it to fire, don't pull the trigger. 

It's a striker-fired design. I don't imagine that they will ever develop one with a hammer. I would love a DA/SA gun that has a trigger like the P365 in single action, but I don't know if it's possible.

I've been looking at a CX rami BD for appendix carry, but it's definitely a much larger pistol than the P365.

#33 SiliconSorcerer

• 2,774 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:24 AM

Handled one last week. It's on my short list.

I have more Sig's then fingers and toes can count, not only but favorite, as soon as they have one with a hammer I'll buy it.   

We all have our preferences... 

Oh no no no safety, if you don't want it to fire, don't pull the trigger. 

It's a striker-fired design. I don't imagine that they will ever develop one with a hammer. I would love a DA/SA gun that has a trigger like the P365 in single action, but I don't know if it's possible.

I've been looking at a CX rami BD for appendix carry, but it's definitely a much larger pistol than the P365.

I don't know a P229 compact with that magazine design would make a difference, actually a P225 compact with that magazine/capacity/thin frame. 

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Gun Owners of America

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#34 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,274 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:30 AM

^^^^ +1000 for the P225

#35 ScottFM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

Just purchased one of these and traded in my Glock 43 for it. 

Will pick it up Saturday and take it to the range next week. But dry firing it and playing with it in the store impressed the heck out of me! 

--

Beer, it's the reason I get out of bed every afternoon!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

#36 ScottFM

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:18 AM

I've got about 500 rounds through the P365 SAS now. 

Likes: Easy to carry, love the extra rounds over the Glock 43, trigger much better than my Glock even with the Ghost connector.

Dislikes: Hard to quickly get a sight picture. If you are even off a little from viewing the sight you will not see anything and that can cause a delay or inaccurate firing. Would be nice to fit it with a standard light, but it is thinner to make it carry easier, so I will live with it. 

Upgrades: Decided to add a flat trigger, going with the stock SIG one. 

--

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

#37 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:37 AM

If you were to do it again, would you get the regular P365 with the standard sights?

#38 Rilo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:07 AM

Had a go with one on Saturday, in low light the sights are appalling if not dangerous.

I’ll stick with the hellcat even if SA do make it.

#39 ScottFM

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:15 AM

If you were to do it again, would you get the regular P365 with the standard sights?

I have not shot it enough to decide. I really like the gun, the sights are bright, especially in the dark. But you have to be very consistent in bringing the gun to a proper shooting position to use the sights. That means a very consistent draw too.  

--

#40 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:18 PM

So possibly with enough practice, it should be fine?

#41 RandyP

• Members
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

I've shot the P365 several times now and think it's a wonderful handgun. As to the SAS?  I wouldn't buy something that requires a completely different sight picture from every other pistol in my carry rotation, and I think that porting a short barrel 9mm is kinda silly and pointless..

Looking forward to renting a Hellcat some day. I shot a Springer Mod 2 the other day and hated it, gave me finger bite from the trigger and FAR more 'snappy' recoil than 4 other rentals that day.

I delight at all the options out there these days. There is surely one for each person's tastes and ergonomic needs.

Edited by RandyP, 19 November 2019 - 02:47 PM.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

#42 Gator4838

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

I have shot one,and just bought one.to good of a deal to pass up.as far as the porting,what's all the fuss,I could really care less either way.I really couldn't care less about the anti snag feature either.I bought it for my aging eyes,because I have a very hard time seeing conventional sights.hickock 45 didn't like the sights,so they must suck.

#43 RandyP

• Members
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

I have a Ruger Mark with a low cost red dot sight I use for range plinking - I find it harder/slower to use than conventional iron sights and actually less 'accurate' for ME- everyone's eyes are kinda different though. I see various optics are quite the rage now. The ones recommended for the Hellcat are in the $300 range - too rich for my blood. lol

I'll have to check out the hickok45 video mentioned - I like his reviews. I've met him a couple times at the NRA Conventions, nice guy in person.

Edited by RandyP, 19 November 2019 - 05:00 PM.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

#44 Gator4838

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:18 PM

I have a Ruger Mark with a low cost red dot sight I use for range plinking - I find it harder/slower to use than conventional iron sights and actually less 'accurate' for ME- everyone's eyes are kinda different though. I see various optics are quite the rage now. The ones recommended for the Hellcat are in the $300 range - too rich for my blood. lol

I'll have to check out the hickok45 video mentioned - I like his reviews. I've met him a couple times at the NRA Conventions, nice guy in person.

really nice guy,and I truly enjoy his vids.he is not impressed with the sas.sights,anti snag,porting,the usual gripes that have been out there for a while and have some merit.for me,im not trying to put holes in paper holes.close quarters,defense gun,with good capacity,and a sight that pops for someone with poor eyesight,and about the same price as a p365 on a blue label is why I bought it.

#45 billzfx4

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:47 PM

Apparently Sig is now offering the SAS slides as a stand alone item.

https://www.sigsauer...m_source=Eloqua

But for $250, I think I'll pass, I like my 365 just the way it is.

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#46 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,555 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 AM

Apparently Sig is now offering the SAS slides as a stand alone item.

https://www.sigsauer...m_source=Eloqua

But for $250, I think I'll pass, I like my 365 just the way it is.

That is kind of neat, I might just pick one  of those up.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)