Illinois Instructors NEED to understand and teach the appeal process

My situation isn't FCCL but I can assure this group that at least in me there is someone on our sided that has both the balls and the ability to give ISP one heck of a fight.....if you have tracked the history of my 430 ILCS 65/8(e) debacle....it is going to wind up with a favorable resolution.....step one....then I am going after them gangbusters to fix my FCCL creds.....and then we shall see about a lawsuit to recover lost income due to an arbitrary and capricious process....and I have gotten them to admit in writing that no written procedures or guidelines exist. You don't win if you don't take up the fight......

I am convinced that these kind of,denials are the result of ISP deciding they would just randomly deny some apps here and there. There is absolutely no other explanation, these people are criminal tyrants and their lack of coo operation during the appeals process, asking for more time and flat out lying is clear evidence. What's worse is there is nobody on our side who has the balls and the power to do anything about and never will.From my experience, this isn't necessarily the case. I work for a local PD and I run the local backgrounds in my agency. Ive made 11-12 objections so far. About half are denied, some are under Board Review and some objections we have made are overturned by the Review Board. For those overturned, I get a letter indicating for each applicant the review board decides to overrule on our objection. I believe they are looking at these and making an educated decision on most.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

you make objections based on what? Either they have a record or they don't. Who are these people sending such obtuse letters saying the applicant poses a danger to themselves or others and what is that being based off of?

For us, all based on local records checks which is supposed to be the norm everywhere. LEO agencies are not supposed to run full blown LEADS/NCIC criminal histories on these applicants- that is the job of the ISP. We base any objections on police reports, arrest reports, criminal complaints for certain offenses that can be construed the applicant is a danger to themselves, others, or public safety. Not DUI's, not possession of drugs, not even theft or burglary charges. If the police report itself supports the danger to self, others or public safety then its an objection. It does not mean its an automatic denial though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'd argue the STUDENT is responsible to know and understand the FCCA - one of the first things I say in 'day 2' is you are responsible for each and every word in this act. I provide a complete copy of the Act.

We cover the review board but just the surface - seems to me there are more important topics to be covered

Archived