POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

Together with Xwing and Pyre400, I am pleased to announce the Illinois Carry Posted! Project.

The Posted! mobile applications have, for many years, been providing users a means by which to locate on their mobile device businesses posted as no carry locations, and add to that list when encountering a location not previously included. With recent passage of the Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act it was felt that Illinois Carry should lead the way in establishing a data base specific to our state. Working in partnership with the Posted! developer, Workman Consulting (aka our very own Xwing), we are able to offer this capability not only through the traditional mobile apps but also via PC and Mac based alternatives.

Under this program mobile versions will continue to work as they always have. Users can download the Android (compatible with v 2.3.2 and higher) or iPhone version and, once installed, search for "no carry" locations by name, city, or zip code, or simply let the application query the GPS and list nearby locations. Entry of new locations includes those same fields along with a description of the business type and an option to prefill data based on GPS information.

New, Illinois Carry functionality includes the ability to query the data from a desktop or laptop, and to add data via those same platforms.

Illinois Carry Entry Form

Illinois Carry Display Form

The Illinois Carry display form includes, at top center, the ability to sort the data by Name, City, or Type of business along with the option to search by business name. Sorting by city will automatically include a secondary sort to alphabetize the list by name within city. A Validate button allows users to confirm an establishment's anti-gun stance. In the future, we hope to better integrate these forms into the Illinois Carry site, including automatically capturing a member's name when they are logged in.

In addition to the work outlined above, GAS3987 and Patriots & Tyrants have begun their own lists on Facebook and will be contributing their data as it is developed. As the amount of data grows, they will also be involved in the validation processes already in place to prevent fictitious data from corrupting our list.

Please start using these applications now when you encounter locations posting against concealed carry. Despite my current inability to upload sample images due to system maintenance, all versions are fully functional and await your input.

You guys Rock! You have provided extremely valuable information and maybe even preventing the possibility of someone being convicted of an unknown crime because they did not see a No-Carry Sign or it was obscured.

Well done and I will keep an eye out in my town and report updates!

In the future will the entry and display forms be moved a new domain? it would be nice to have something memorable to put on the "no guns no money" cards (http://rightapp.net/...layIllinois.php just doesnt fit well) and the business owner can check and see how many times his business has been "validated"

Our intention is to eventually host this ourselves. With server migration currently underway and another project or two in the works, that will take a little more time. Xwing is generously providing hosting services in the interim.

In the future will the entry and display forms be moved a new domain? it would be nice to have something memorable to put on the "no guns no money" cards (http://rightapp.net/...layIllinois.php just doesnt fit well) and the business owner can check and see how many times his business has been "validated"

Our intention is to eventually host this ourselves. With server migration currently underway and another project or two in the works, that will take a little more time. Xwing is generously providing hosting services in the interim.

cool. I have some hosting space too, I would love to help out with a mirror or something if thats possible in the future

Nope, still not available in the US.

Looks like Apple may have changed their iTunes querystring variables: Try https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/posted!-carry-list-anti-gun/id530004581 for iPhone / iPad version. Or directly from the iPad / iPhone, try itms://itunes.apple.com/app/posted!-carry-list-anti-gun/id530004581 If that doesn't work, you can just go to "App Store" and search for "Posted gun"

Thanks Mauserme

The thanks really should go to the other people involved in the project, especially Xwing and Pyre400. All I did was bring some very talented people together.

Nope, still not available in the US.

Looks like Apple may have changed their iTunes querystring variables: Try https://itunes.apple...gun/id530004581 for iPhone / iPad version. Or directly from the iPad / iPhone, try itms://itunes.apple.com/app/posted!-carry-list-anti-gun/id530004581 If that doesn't work, you can just go to "App Store" and search for "Posted gun"

Whatever ends up working, please post the url so I can change the opening post. The link I used is working well on a PC - I have nothing Apple to test it with.

Archived