Rinks Gun Range

Stratomaster18

Hey guys so I'm looking into trying out Rinks in Lockport but can't find hardly anything on it online as they don't have a website. I'm wondering what your guys experience is with them. How much is it? What calibers do they allow? Are rimfire rifles allowed? Time limit? Ammo price? Rental prices? Etc.

The range that i frequent is Midwest guns in Lyons and that is the only indoor range I've been to and what I would be comparing Rinks to. Both are about an equal distance from me.

Thanks for your help!

Was just there over weekend. $10 is cost. It's a small dinky range that is loud and smokey. Not sure about rental prices as I shoot my own. Ammo price is normal, they don't gouge you. I don't think there is a time limit. They are not currently allowing 50ae, 454 cassul, 500s&w. I believe you can shoot 22lr if desired. It's good because of price. Midwest and megasports have nicer, more modern ranges but cost more to put holes in paper

There is no time limit and only pistol calibers, with the exception of those mentioned above, are allowed, even if you're shooting a rifle. They have repainted it and upgraded the exhaust system, so it's a lot better than it was. I try to get there at least once per week.

Good to know about the exhaust. I'll try them again, last time I was there it was real hot and real smokey.

Have to share a lane if you have someone without a FOID.

Same with out of state residents. They have to be accompanied by a FOID holder, which I don't really care too much for.

The range closes at 8:30. The store is open until 9pm during the week.

It is many times better than it was before. Still not top notch, but the price is hard to beat. It is only a handful of miles from my house which is nice too.

Midwest requires you to have the target a certain distance which I also don't care for. In a real life situation, I probably wouldn't be firing at that distance. I don't think Rinks cares where your target is at.

They have a little deer hunting section too. Real little. Don't drink the juice in that section, it tastes like deer pee.

Way more than you'd want to pay unless you had to. Their ammo prices are a little on the high side. But they do have stuff that's hard to find sometimes. If you're near Rink's, the Lockport Walmart on 159th and Farrell rd. has the best ammo case in the area. Depending on where you're coming from the Crestwood and Bridgeview Walmarts both had federal 62gr 150rd cases for $70. And Bridgeview had tula, ppu, and a few others in .223 pretty cheap. Tula was $.26/rd

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I shot at Rinks yesterday for the first time since they upgraded the range. I was impressed with the lighting, I used to bring a flashlight as it was so dark. The ventilation also seems to have improved.

They generally have decent prices on firearms, the ammo is a bit high.

Rich

Archived