Address change

I moved recently and updated my address on the secretary of state site, however have not gone to update my actual DL due to everything going on. After doing so, I updated the address on my foid. So my question is, now that I have done the address change for my foid, is my foid still valid? I was planning on purchasing a new firearm but don't want to waste my time and money if it will come back as invalid while they verify my address which who knows how long that will take.

• 3 weeks later...

I changed by address 1-31-2020

My dash board still says "under review" but my address is current at the top of the page.

I just ran my FOID on the ISP transfer site and was approved immediately.

146 days on hold, no out of state ammo purchases from my regular place until my corrected FOID comes.

Was wondering about this recently. Say you've updated your DL/ID, but your FOID address change is under review. Are people still generally able to purchase from an FFL during this time, or do you need to wait for the new FOID to arrive?

My dash board still says "under review" but my address is current at the top of the page.

146 days on hold, no out of state ammo purchases from my regular place until my corrected FOID comes.

Was wondering about this recently. Say you've updated your DL/ID, but your FOID address change is under review. Are people still generally able to purchase from an FFL during this time, or do you need to wait for the new FOID to arrive?

i was able to purchase from my local dealer with no problem. When purchasing ammo for shipment, it can only be shipped to the address on the FOID. Face to face, no problem.

i was able to purchase from my local dealer with no problem. When purchasing ammo for shipment, it can only be shipped to the address on the FOID. Face to face, no problem.
Can it not be either?

(b-5) Any resident may purchase ammunition from a person within or outside of Illinois if shipment is by United States mail or by a private express carrier authorized by federal law to ship ammunition. Any resident purchasing ammunition within or outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card or valid concealed carry license and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on either of those 2 documents.

Can it not be either?

(b-5) Any resident may purchase ammunition from a person within or outside of Illinois if shipment is by United States mail or by a private express carrier authorized by federal law to ship ammunition. Any resident purchasing ammunition within or outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card or valid concealed carry license and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on either of those 2 documents.

Why do you try to complicate everything. The addresses on those two documents must match, therefore When purchasing ammo for shipment, it can only be shipped to the address on the FOID. The dealers I use ask for copies of the FOID and some want my driver's license as well.

K.I.S.S.

• 5 months later...

Anyone know how long this is taking now by chance? I did my address change in late June (6/25 I think) and then applied for my CCL in July and still show under review for both still. Obviously keep waiting, but curious if there is any end in sight for it.

after reading threads about this, IF you start one process and the start another later they all revert back to square one.

Many great threads to read on here and some will give you a heads up about the finer lines of doing business with Illinois

Archived