Concealed Carry Instructor Questions for Todd

mjw45

OK.... Now I see where he got the FCCL acronym.... I thought that he was referring to the ever so elusive Federal Concealed Carry License like the one that Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny carry. lol.. This is actually where my question originally sprung from.. If as instructors we are required to poses a Concealed Carry license to teach then should that license not come with our teaching credentials? The law actually only states that instructors must "meet the requirements of section 25 of this act and any additional uniformly applied requirements established by the department". Guess that leaves it pretty open huh?

OK.... Now I see where he got the FCCL acronym.... I thought that he was referring to the ever so elusive Federal Concealed Carry License like the one that Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny carry. lol.. This is actually where my question originally sprung from.. If as instructors we are required to poses a Concealed Carry license to teach then should that license not come with our teaching credentials? The law actually only states that instructors must "meet the requirements of section 25 of this act and any additional uniformly applied requirements established by the department". Guess that leaves it pretty open huh?

Instructors required to have them by April 19, 2014 (date might be a little off)

Instructors required to have them by April 19, 2014 (date might be a little off)

April 16th, 2014 valid FCCL

Section 1231.30 Emergency

April 16th, 2014 valid FCCL

Section 1231.30 Emergency

d'oh missed it by 3 days

:frantics:

Thanks for the reply Onytay.... Next question... FCCL??? Are you talking about an FFL (Federal Firearms License)?? As far as I know there is no such thing as an FCCL. (Federal Concealed Carry License)???

Federal Concealed Carry License = The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America??

Since the instructors will have to wait till January to file for their concealed permits like everyone else; will they also be required to attend 8 hrs training to get the training required or will they get credit for teaching? Will they have to at least do the shooting qualifications?

instructors are exempt from that (Section 75 I think)

Thanks for the reply Onytay.... Next question... FCCL??? Are you talking about an FFL (Federal Firearms License)?? As far as I know there is no such thing as an FCCL. (Federal Concealed Carry License)???

Federal Concealed Carry License = The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America??

AMEN to that!

Since the instructors will have to wait till January to file for their concealed permits like everyone else; will they also be required to attend 8 hrs training to get the training required or will they get credit for teaching? Will they have to at least do the shooting qualifications?

Besides.... If you are already an instructor (NRA or otherwise) you have fulfilled there requirement for content and hours anyway.... All you need is their blessing.

Archived