Basic Pistol Update

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Smallbore

• Members
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

Rocco, well said.
When an organization fires its salesmen, the organization should expect those salesmen to find a new product sale. Simple put trust has been lost. It will take a long time to rebuild that trust.
The NRA is very important. I support the NRA, but I am in a wait and see mode.

#32 NRApistol

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:35 AM

Instructors, the new Basic Pistol Lesson plans are available at nrainstructors.org.  The site is only available to instructors willing to support the NRA. How many of you are willing to take the same pledge TCs do. 

#33 stm

• Members
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

Instructors, the new Basic Pistol Lesson plans are available at nrainstructors.org.  The site is only available to instructors willing to support the NRA. How many of you are willing to take the same pledge TCs do. 
Wait... What did I just agree to? It looked like a software EULA. [/sarcasm]

yea everyone makes fun of the redneck till the zombies show up. . .

#34 stm

• Members
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

After a quick overview, the new BP-ILT looks like the old BP but with the new targets similar to those used in Blended Learning. Students must get 90% on the written test and shoot four 5-shot groups in a 3-4 inch circle in order to pass. Probably some other minor changes I missed. Hard to read the whole thing on my phone.

yea everyone makes fun of the redneck till the zombies show up. . .

#35 Rockdiver

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

You are starting to sound a bit like an info-mercial. Lol. The point you are missing is that almost all Instructors that go out for certification are fairly ardent supporters of the NRA. It is by far the most effective and best leveraged 2nd amendment foundation on the globe. Almost every TC and instructor share a huge comittment to that organization, and the sheer volume of NRA coursework taught in IL was a testament to that fact...right up until the blended learning catastrophe. Perhaps one in 50 instructors found students willing to be beta testers for that program, and I would imagine that now that Basic Pistol is going to be taught in the way it was intended, you will see a large gravitation back to the Basic Pistol course in IL.

Even those who felt burned by the forced transition know the NRA is home.

I endorsed the original BP heavily and am looking forward to doing it again now that "New Coke" is being sidelined. Most of us knew it would get here, and are grateful for the return to the core values of Instruction for what was the most marketable course the NRA has to offer.

The new lesson plans look good!

Rocco
«««««ROCCO M. WLODAREK»»»»»
CHIEF INSTRUCTOR/ TC
BLACK FLAG FIREARMS TRAINING
WWW.BLACKFLAGTRAINING.COM
847-561-6030

#36 NRApistol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

You are starting to sound a bit like an info-mercial. Lol. .....

Rocco

LOL ... I can be that way when it comes to the NRA Training programs.  The BP Program is now very flexible for the instructor.  However we got to this point it is time to bring our instructors back into the NRA training mind set.  The "New Coke" is history.

#37 Rockdiver

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Very true, and from what I can see the new BP materials recieved a much needed spritzing. Should be interesting to watch it recover.

I really am glad they 180'd on this.
«««««ROCCO M. WLODAREK»»»»»
CHIEF INSTRUCTOR/ TC
BLACK FLAG FIREARMS TRAINING
WWW.BLACKFLAGTRAINING.COM
847-561-6030

#38 Indigo

Just another silver-haired devil

• 3,180 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Glad to hear that a big mistake has been corrected!  Looks like I'll be getting back into teaching NRA BP!

• They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance

#39 NRApistol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

Last week I ran a Workshop for some of my current BP Instructors to bring them up to date on the New "old" BP lesson plans. Instructors that were qualified with the Red text book will be right at home with the new lesson plans.  You have the option of teaching revolver or semiautomatic or both. You also have the option of teaching blended or 100% instructor led. Students can qualify at 4 different skill levels.  The Performance Checklist from blended has been added to the new lesson plans.  The NRA BP course is now "Objective Driven" there is no set total time requirement  The student packets only contained the New Text Book and the student test.  I had to purchase the card with safety rules and the Winchester / NRA booklet separately.  A negative is the course completion certificate. You will need internet access and a printer to print the certs.  

#40 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

Is there a retake allowed for those who do not get 90% on the written test?

Defensive Firearms Coach (DFC)

Fundamentals of Home Defense Handgun

Fundamentals of Concealed Carry
NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection In the Home Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor 
NRA-Certified Chief Range Safety Officer

IL FCCA Approved Instructor
http://www.mlftraining.com
https://www.facebook...ps/mlftraining/

#41 NRApistol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:59 AM

Yes, "Basics of Pistol Shooting_ILT page 5"

Edited by NRApistol, 05 May 2017 - 04:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users