Photo

They want to "fix" the foid, meanwhile in Indiana...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jim123

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:57 AM

"This bill makes Indiana the first state to offer a permit without a fee of any kind, and one of only eight requiring a permit that requires no training of any kind. The permit is available only to Indiana residents, but the state has reciprocity agreements with 32 other states."

http://gunrightswatc...bsolutely-free/

#2 McCroskey

With Liberty and Justice for all

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:43 AM

But paying high fees keeps the children safe puts a money test on exercising a constitutional right.

“By concord little things grow great, by discord the greatest come to nothing.”
-Roger Williams

Second Amendment Foundation Life Member

#3 aamport19

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:45 AM

id like to see IL surrounded by constitutional carry states

Glock Enthusiast

Endowment: NRA

Life Member: GOA

Member: ISRA SAF & GSSF

GFZ The Movie - YouTube

#4 Nanook

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:30 AM

All of which will have lower crime rates, and probably lower taxes as well. And most of them won't have a Governor's Wing at the nearest Federal prison just for their state's governors. 

“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices.” -- George Orwell

#5 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:33 AM

But paying high fees keeps the children safe puts a money test on exercising a constitutional right.

ignore the 30+ that were shot in under 12 hours in only 1 city. https://www.chicagot...0601-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#6 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,276 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

Geez
Crime is down both Lori Flatfoot and FatHead Ed say so.
They have the numbers.
Their plans are working efficiently now, and only after a week in charge.
Lori even went so far as to go to a few crime scenes, not the one where the lady fell on top of her baby outside the Mercedes AMG.
You might remember, the one where the baby daddy went after the shooters with a tec9?

And let's not forget that Lori says these are crimes of poverty..............

#7 jim123

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 07:17 PM

I'll bet Wisconsin gets a foid system before they get constitutional carry based on all the fish migrating that way.

#8 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:33 AM

Geez
Crime is down both Lori Flatfoot and FatHead Ed say so.
They have the numbers.
Their plans are working efficiently now, and only after a week in charge.
Lori even went so far as to go to a few crime scenes, not the one where the lady fell on top of her baby outside the Mercedes AMG.
You might remember, the one where the baby daddy went after the shooters with a tec9?

And let's not forget that Lori says these are crimes of poverty..............

She's doing a mini Jane Byrne thing. Other then the AMG the thing that stuck out to me is how many CPD cops were around her.

The thing that sticks out to me is for the longest time she reminded me of someone. This is not an insult but a true story. One morning it popped into my head. She reminds me of E.T. If she can make her finger glow then maybe that would solve Chicago's problems. Until then I cant understand for the life of me why she would want to be the mayor of Chicago. It's a no win situation.

#9 jim123

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:54 AM

ignore the 30+ that were shot in under 12 hours in only 1 city. https://www.chicagot...0601-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even when there's no guns involved, the destruction continues.

http://www.cwbchicag...er-halsted.html

#10 Bo69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

Illinois residents are ATMs for crooked a** politicians. Shortly I'll be leaving the land of taxes and restrictions.

#11 Beezil

• Members
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:58 AM

"This bill makes Indiana the first state to offer a permit without a fee of any kind, and one of only eight requiring a permit that requires no training of any kind. The permit is available only to Indiana residents, but the state has reciprocity agreements with 32 other states."

http://gunrightswatc...bsolutely-free/

I know this is old, but was searching for "Indiana ccw" today.

just wanted to say that an Indiana CCW is most definitely available to out-of-state residents provided they either own a business in Indiana, or are employed by an Indiana based company, and can obtain proof of employment on a company letterhead. 

Who is John Galt?

#12 richp

• Members
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:46 AM

Nah, nah, this can't be. But I guess it can...

Everybody knows that the minute a person crosses the state line into Illinois they automatically become irresponsible and uncontrollably inclined to use firearms not just irresponsibly, but illegally. /Sarcasm off/

It never fails to amaze me that the difference in crime rates between Indiana/Indianapolis and Illinois/Chicago doesn't get more scrutiny, considering the vast differences in firearms laws that govern the two states and those cities.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

#13 357

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:57 AM

They want to fix it all right.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#14 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:25 AM

Murder rate per 100,000 (2016 data, latest available):
Illinois: 8.2
Indiana: 6.6

So somehow Illinois has a murder rate 24% higher than Indiana? How is that possible? It's almost like gun laws make no difference whatsoever.

Edited by chislinger, 21 September 2019 - 11:25 AM.

"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#15 Tango7

• Members
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

Also pointedly ignoring the fact that the shooters did not have FOID's or FCCL's, and likely could not have gotten them due to previous felony histories, or gang/drug arrests.
You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users