Dealer Licensing Rules Are Published in letter to dealers

ddan

Not necessarily. But the real problem is the process and systems. Example: date FFL was issued on the FFL affidavit. There is no such thing on the FFL. No field for FOID expiration on he employee form. But it is a required field. I have t gotten very far into the process because the application requires me to certify 90 days of video being stored. Nope, and not required till January.

There are also a lot of substantial stuff that was added. Additionally, who has a disaster recovery plan in their format? Who has a security plan in their format? And in and on.

Best guess at his point is 40 hours to complete, plus two hours per employee to watch the stupid don’t lie for the other guy videos again.

Signs throughout that these rules were written by someone with no depth of understanding of how business is done.

Where does the law say this:

d) If a retail location presents special security issues, such as exposed handling or unusual vulnerability to diversion, theft or loss, the Department may require additional safeguards, such as supervised watchman service.

I've been waiting for proposed rules to be issued to jcar and wondering what is happening. Then yesterday everything finalized. What the hey!!!? No checks and balances?

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., May 26, 2019 at 05:26 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., May 26, 2019 at 05:26 PM - No reason given

Well, the letters showed up in the mail today from ISP.

Rules and requirements are up on ISP website.

This is bad stuff that is often internally inconsistent, unavailable, useless, and/or undefined.

Have a look at safe storage requirements as an example: https://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/fdlc/forms.cfm

Do I remember correctly that you're on the FFL-IL board?

Correct, Official rules have not been published per jcar rules and open for public comment. Looks like ISP has gotten way out over their skies by sending this out to dealers ahead of jcar approval.

Should we wait to apply or hope it will be straitened out in the end? So many questions and very little answers.......

• 1 month later...

Correct, Official rules have not been published per jcar rules and open for public comment. Looks like ISP has gotten way out over their skies by sending this out to dealers ahead of jcar approval.

Are dealers still expected to be certified and compliant this month even though JCAR submission hasnt been done?

Q. When does the new law take effect?

A. The statute was effective January 18, 2019 and requires all affected persons or entities to be certified by July 17, 2019.

Q. Is there a deadline for compliance?

A. All FFLs who wish to continue doing business without interruption must submit their application to the ISP by June 17, 2019. This allows the Illinois State Police time to process the certification prior to the July 18, 2019 deadline. If the Illinois State Police does not issue a certificate by July 18, 2019 and 30 days have passed since your submission, you may continue to operate as if you have been issued a certificate or until the Illinois State Police issues a denial letter.

Not necessarily. But the real problem is the process and systems. Example: date FFL was issued on the FFL affidavit. There is no such thing on the FFL. No field for FOID expiration on he employee form. But it is a required field. I have t gotten very far into the process because the application requires me to certify 90 days of video being stored. Nope, and not required till January. There are also a lot of substantial stuff that was added. Additionally, who has a disaster recovery plan in their format? Who has a security plan in their format? And in and on. Best guess at his point is 40 hours to complete, plus two hours per employee to watch the stupid don’t lie for the other guy videos again. Signs throughout that these rules were written by someone with no depth of understanding of how business is done.

The point of all this is to put the mom & pop/kitchen table FFL holders out of business. If they take out a couple dozen storefronts too, that's just bonus for them! It's about destroying the gun culture in Illinois, same as the FOID card.

The whole thing is a typical Illinois state mess.

Neither the legislature, the governor nor the ISP knows what the other is doing and are playing by their own self made rules.

I'd bet the ISP is receiving new regulations daily from Chicago dems on what needs to be in place so they scramble to comply and... well...

The ISP doesn't have the manpower to remove weapons from a citizen on a revoked FOID. How in the world are they gonna take on regulating dealer compliance.

Amateur hour - again!

On another board, a poster reported being required to fill out a form asking for their occupation and intended use of purchase. They were told it was required by the new state law.

Where they by chance purchasing from Mega Sports? Because I had to do that 5 years ago there.

Did not sound like it. That was my first thought too but MS has been doing that local form for probably 20 years at least.

On another board, a poster reported being required to fill out a form asking for their occupation and intended use of purchase. They were told it was required by the new state law.
Q. "What is your occupation?"

A. "None of your effing business."

Q. "Why are you making this purchase?"

A. "Why not?"

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Archived