How long do I have to wait? What can I do to speed it up

MIrwin

Hi all,

First off, wanted to let you know that I love the site, gives a good place to vent among like minded people.

Here is my problem, looking for input and guidance or suggestions.

I worked in a prison for 22 years, had a inmate make accusation of battery, 3 counts of it. I had to surrender my FOID and CCL just because of the charges. All charges were dropped and expunged from the record. I had to submit 2 sworn, notarized statement from friends swearing I was not a threat to anyone, one from my wife notarized saying I was sane and she was not worried, I had to write a statement about what had happened, copies of the dismissal and expungement order. All paperwork was submitted first week of January 2017, finally got the FOID back in May, but my CCL has been saying pending review I have called 10 or more times, nothing , they did call me back 1 time, said it was being reviewed, but if everything was dropped, what is there to review? I have emailed 20 times or more, no reply, what can I do

To get some answers? I understand theyre short staffed, but this is just wrong, I paid good money to get my CCL, and all I can get is pending....HELP!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived