Urgent Call to Action 4/26/2017 - Gun Dealer Licensing is On the Move!

mauserme

While searching this bill, found a FBI group with about 1500 members. Called "Witness Slip Project". Seems mostly lefties. But they put an action alert for this bill. Looks like they have a beta site to make filing easier. I wanted to comment saying "Done. Opposed!" But need to join first.

While searching this bill, found a FBI group with about 1500 members. Called "Witness Slip Project". Seems mostly lefties. But they put an action alert for this bill. Looks like they have a beta site to make filing easier. I wanted to comment saying "Done. Opposed!" But need to join first.

They approved me in under a minute

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On the FB page, they have a link to a website with all kinds of bills listed and links to sending witness slips.

On the FB page, they have a link to a website with all kinds of bills listed and links to sending witness slips.

The website doesn't have an obvious ideology, but it's obvious on the FB group that it's a leftist organization. This is apparently where the sudden surge in leftist witness slips is coming from.

While searching this bill, found a FBI group with about 1500 members. Called "Witness Slip Project". Seems mostly lefties. But they put an action alert for this bill. Looks like they have a beta site to make filing easier. I wanted to comment saying "Done. Opposed!" But need to join first.They approved me in under a minuteOn the FB page, they have a link to a website with all kinds of bills listed and links to sending witness slips.The website doesn't have an obvious ideology, but it's obvious on the FB group that it's a leftist organization. This is apparently where the sudden surge in leftist witness slips is coming from.

This and a few other groups

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I am a member of that group. I had a conversation with the ones that put up the dealer licensing bill and explained why I did not think it would do what they wanted. I wasn't the only one doing that either. It was mostly NorthShore mom's that are supporting it. Not all lefties hate guns, you have a few on this group and there is even a liberal gun club where a lot of us hang out.

To me the best argument on opposing is that this creates a bureaucracy, duplicates efforts and responsibility by the ATF and in the end does nothing to curtail sales to those that do straw sales. Horrible gun shops like Chuck's Guns, won't be affected at all. They have already figured out how to scam the system. The supporters of this bill recognize the failure is of ATF to be doing its duty and the is hampered by the law that does not allow electronic gun sale records to be stored at the ATF to facilitate in tracking guns from crime scenes. They know that at the national level they cannot get that kind of common sense improvement so they are going local by putting up hurdles such as this.

I am a member of that group. I had a conversation with the ones that put up the dealer licensing bill and explained why I did not think it would do what they wanted. I wasn't the only one doing that either. It was mostly NorthShore mom's that are supporting it. Not all lefties hate guns, you have a few on this group and there is even a liberal gun club where a lot of us hang out.

To me the best argument on opposing is that this creates a bureaucracy, duplicates efforts and responsibility by the ATF and in the end does nothing to curtail sales to those that do straw sales. Horrible gun shops like Chuck's Guns, won't be affected at all. They have already figured out how to scam the system. The supporters of this bill recognize the failure is of ATF to be doing its duty and the is hampered by the law that does not allow electronic gun sale records to be stored at the ATF to facilitate in tracking guns from crime scenes. They know that at the national level they cannot get that kind of common sense improvement so they are going local by putting up hurdles such as this.

"They know that at the national level they cannot get that kind of common sense improvement so they are going local by putting up hurdles such as this."

Be careful, your liberal-ness is showing. We oppose this because it is de facto registration.

"They know that at the national level they cannot get that kind of common sense improvement so they are going local by putting up hurdles such as this."

Be careful, your liberal-ness is showing. We oppose this because it is de facto registration.

it is isn't "de-facto registration" and that type of attitude is what leads to these crazy bills coming through state legislative bodies.

Chicago area Democrats are going to run crazy gun bills regardless of what's happening at the Federal level and regardless of the wishes of their downstate brethren, including registration schemes sometimes disguised as other things.

I got news for ya. Even in Dem circles there is disagreement on guns and what to do, if anything, about them. I am inside some of this and hear a lot of the controversy. Even about the recent Gun Shop Bill, there were people inside saying that it shouldn't be a party position.

Chicago area Democrats are going to run crazy gun bills regardless of what's happening at the Federal level and regardless of the wishes of their downstate brethren, including registration schemes sometimes disguised as other things.

I got news for ya. Even in Dem circles there is disagreement on guns and what to do, if anything, about them. I am inside some of this and hear a lot of the controversy. Even about the recent Gun Shop Bill, there were people inside saying that it shouldn't be a party position.

Of course. To the extent that Blue Dogs are still allowed in the party there is dissent on the issue.

Police: Woman with FOID card bought and sold guns for profit

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/208386574-story

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20170414/news/170419171/

During a six-month period, authorities said, Mousheh purchased four weapons for $600 each and sold two to a Hoffman Estates man with Chicago gang ties.
Simone Mousheh, 23, pleaded guilty Thursday to the illegal transfer of firearms in exchange for 12 months probation and 15 days in the Cook County sheriff's work alternative program, according to court records. S.W.A.P. allows judges to sentence nonviolent offenders to manual labor in lieu of jail time. She was also ordered to pay $679 in fines.

The problem here is Chuck's Gunshop ?

I guess the only "good" gun shop is Mega Sports, where they don't let anyone in who doesn't have a FOID - so don't bring your spouse or kids with you unless they have a FOID, and forget about introducing a friend to shooting - you'll have to convince them to get their FOID first.

Mega hasnt had that policy for quite a while now.

As for Chucks, the antis like to throw out some statistics that supposedly condemn them, but seem to ignore the impact of being one ofvthe closest shops to a city where there are no shops to buy from.

And what are they supposed to do when a buyer presents a FOID card and they pass an FTIP inquiry? Short of admitting they are a straw purchaser or having someone pointing out to them what to buy and handing them a roll of bills to buy it with, what is the expectation?

Here's a talking point you can think about:

the 3 shops with "18% of the crime guns in Chicago":

That's 18% of guns recovered by police, whether or not they were used in a crime.

they might be recovered stolen property.

Now why such a big number?

Think about legal sales from 1982 to the present to residents of Chicago.

Legal sales, as far as the US and IL governments are concerned,

assume for the period of the de facto ban that they were not kept in the city.

There are no gun stores in Chicago, purchasers had to leave the city, and thanks to

the 3-day punitive period, leave the city again 3 days later.

The gun shops close to the city hold a competitive advantage,

it's called location location location.

Forget the 18%, the 3 shops bandied about in the stats of the anti-s likely *legally* sold 60% of all the handguns in the city over the last 35 years.

ya think?

Visited my rep.'s office today. The nice lady knew the bill number, and said they'd had a lot of contact, on both sides. Moderatly surprising, seeing as how we're in sticksville nortwest IL here.

So, I suspect we're not the only ones doing the "urgent, contact your representatives!" thing.

Visited my rep.'s office today. The nice lady knew the bill number, and said they'd had a lot of contact, on both sides. Moderatly surprising, seeing as how we're in sticksville nortwest IL here.

So, I suspect we're not the only ones doing the "urgent, contact your representatives!" thing.

The antis via ARS have been very involved in IL politics as of late

• 1 month later...

ScottFM: the "horrrible" Chuck's guns underwent a very detailed compliance examination last November -
probably as a favor to Rahm Emmanuel by the outgoing administration when it would no longer affect the election.

They had TEN agents combing through Chuck's records with a fine tooth comb for three weeks - utterly unprecedented.
They found NOTHING WRONG.

Our legislators conveniently overlook the FACT that there is a TIME GAP of over TEN YEARS on average between a lawful
sale of a particular firearm, and it's recovery in connection with a crime.

Our legislators conveniently overlook that the four closest gun stores to Chicago account for an overwhelming majority of the LAWFULLY

Purchased Firearms found in the city, now and even back when people operated on the "judged by 12 instead of carried by 6" principle.

And thus are those most likely to be stolen in the city.

Our legislators conveniently also overlook that when a miracle happens and a stupid STRAW PURCHASER is actually apprehended and charged, and CONVICTED, they get slaps on the wrist. Not the teeth that are provided for in various Federal Laws.

If Chicago shut down all of the grocery stores in Chicago, but Riverdale didn't follow suit, making Chuck's Produce the closest grocery store... you can bet that most of the food in Chicagoan's refrigerators would be from Chucks. If Chicago shut down all of the gas stations in Chicago, but Riverdale didn't follow suit, making Chuck's Gas Station the closest gas station... you can bet that most of the gas in Chicagoan's gas tank would be from Chuck's Gas Station.

This is the perfect example of how propaganda works - just repeat a lie often enough and loudly enough and it it takes on a life of its own. The more outrageous the lie - the more believable it is. There are dozens of anti-gun politicians in the ILGA, and probably hundreds of "journalists" in Chicago who refer to Chuck's as a "Bad Apple" gun dealer.

Its very hard to challenge that false characterization and get the message out to the public. The Sun Times and the Trib allow writers to call Chuck's a bad apple gun dealer and the story goes out to the public. Try to refute that assertion and you don't get in print.

Chiming in here about Chuck's Guns being horrible. We know for a fact, after the ATF found no violations after an in-depth audit of the shop, that they are not violating the law. ScottFM has said they are horrible and have found ways to circumvent the law and sell to straw purchasers. Well, I have heard the opposite from people who say Chuck's Guns treats everyone as a straw purchaser and complain that the shop won't sell to individuals who they think may be a straw purchaser.

So there you go - ATF says they are not in violation and people say they are too strict in their policy of refusing to do a sale if the staff believes a buyer might be suspect.

Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

At the zenith of statist government is a system by which freedoms are meted out to those who are deemed worthy by the elite. Those who have not otherwise disqualified themselves from everyday liberties ought to be judged by others of greater social status, wealth, education or some other self-perceived qualifier of betterness.

Such is the scheme in all things progressive, to continually alter the paradigm of Liberty until only the self appointed elite are free, and the rest disqualified for their unfortunate inability to represent another's vision of humanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing is going to change if it stays the same as it is now.

There is also a publicity war to be won and the gun community has not been effective in getting in front and leading it. No message has really resonated with the 'on the fence about guns' community.

For example, there is a little cognitive dissonance with the statement:

'If we enforce the laws on the books there will not be a problem.'

That statement supports the idea that laws will stop crime and stem the tide of violence.

This statement is usually followed by something similar to 'only people who make honest mistakes with guns are the ones that are prosecuted.' ISN'T THAT ENFORCING THE LAWS ON THE BOOKS?

Really even the gun community, while they seem to loathe to admit, acknowledge that the laws are not working and should be adjusted, some repealed altogether, and probably some new ones.

PLUS!!!

Our culture needs adjusting where violence isn't the first thing that people resort to for conflict resolution.

Archived