March sets record for NICS checks

steveTA84

And I can tell you for certain that a massive number of those buying firearms are previous non-firearm-owners who supported gun control. I have heard of hundreds upon hundreds of instances from firearm sellers saying that sometimes more than half the people contacting them are first-time firearm owners with new FOID cards, and many of the sellers are doing some social media sleuthing out or either curiosity or caution (people seem shady/twitchy) and finding postings supporting Everyclown and other civil rights violating imbecility.

And I can tell you for certain that a massive number of those buying firearms are previous non-firearm-owners who supported gun control. I have heard of hundreds upon hundreds of instances from firearm sellers saying that sometimes more than half the people contacting them are first-time firearm owners with new FOID cards, and many of the sellers are doing some social media sleuthing out or either curiosity or caution (people seem shady/twitchy) and finding postings supporting Everyclown and other civil rights violating imbecility.

I’d 100% support retailers and sellers refusing to sell to those who shill for Everytown. Let them feel what it’s like to be blacklisted and mocked.

A LGS has had a bunch of recent FOID cars holders that are antis. They walk in, think they can just walk out with a gun. Ain’t the case obviously. One anti (was snarky and didn’t know anything about firearms and was also visibly uncomfortable) walked in and asked to see a handgun (Glock 17), but his FOID hasn’t been processed yet. Guy showed the clerk a printout that it’s “under review”. Clerk said he needs to see the actual card here in Illinois. Guy said “that’s ok, I’ll just go to Wisconsin.” Clerk said “well, you could do that, but it’ll have to be shipped to a FFL here in Illinois and you would still have to follow Illinois law regarding the sale. You need a valid & active FOID.” Anti supposedly got mad and left.

I have 0 sympathy for all of the antis who have just woken up and are seeing first hand how it’s not as easy as 1 2 3 to buy a firearm. I’m all about getting the former fence sitters on our side, though, as the antis will still vote anti-gun anyways and deserve to be disadvantaged during this time. They advocated for the very BS that’s giving them problems now.

NRA-ILA

An employee of a Florida Gun Shop called me last week to let us know that a very liberal customer was quite angry that he could not pick out a gun, pay for it and walk out of the store with it. This is the story he shared in pretty much his own words:

After filling out the 4473 Form, and showing his drivers license, the customer was annoyed that he had to go through a background check. He angrily questioned, "Don't you know who I am?" (He is a City Commissioner) When I told him it didn't matter, he said it was a waste of resources to do background checks on law-abiding people and said the law obviously "needed exceptions."

He got more angry that the background check took almost 20 minutes, and said, "there is no excuse for it to take this long." Once he cleared the background check and paid for the handgun, he about blew a gasket when he found out that he had to wait 3 days and come back before being allowed to take possession of the handgun and walk out with it.

He DEMANDED to know "Why can't I take it now? I need it now." He was not happy to hear that it was the LAW. He then explained, "I hate guns and I have supported gun control in the past but this is damned ridiculous. When you need a gun you should be able to get it."

He then stormed out of the gun shop.

So that accounts for one NICS check.

NRA-ILA

An employee of a Florida Gun Shop called me last week to let us know that a very liberal customer was quite angry that he could not pick out a gun, pay for it and walk out of the store with it. This is the story he shared in pretty much his own words:

After filling out the 4473 Form, and showing his drivers license, the customer was annoyed that he had to go through a background check. He angrily questioned, "Don't you know who I am?" (He is a City Commissioner) When I told him it didn't matter, he said it was a waste of resources to do background checks on law-abiding people and said the law obviously "needed exceptions."

He got more angry that the background check took almost 20 minutes, and said, "there is no excuse for it to take this long." Once he cleared the background check and paid for the handgun, he about blew a gasket when he found out that he had to wait 3 days and come back before being allowed to take possession of the handgun and walk out with it.

He DEMANDED to know "Why can't I take it now? I need it now." He was not happy to hear that it was the LAW. He then explained, "I hate guns and I have supported gun control in the past but this is damned ridiculous. When you need a gun you should be able to get it."

He then stormed out of the gun shop.

So that accounts for one NICS check.

I wonder if that idiot is related to the Illinois politician I mentioned here:

A source of mine in politics related that an anti-firearm legislator they know was prevented from buying a handgun because they didn't have a FOID card, and declared that it was "insane" that a member of the government didn't have the "right" to buy what they wanted and needed to protect themselves and family, so they could focus on doing their job. No, I don't know who it was who said that, because I need to protect my source, but I'm so happy to hear that an anti-firearm politician is suffering because of what they have done.

Isn't that amazing how they vote for anti-firearm civil rights violations, and then get outraged when they discover that the laws they support and pass apply to them, too?

He DEMANDED to know "Why can't I take it now? I need it now." He was not happy to hear that it was the LAW. He then explained, "I hate guns and I have supported gun control in the past but this is damned ridiculous. When you need a gun you should be able to get it."He then stormed out of the gun shop.
https://youtu.be/F3YCQo01rn4

Archived