Taurus Recall

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 David59

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

I sent back my Taurus PT145 for the repair or replacement recall about six weeks ago. Still waiting to hear if they will repair it or replace it. I read a few months ago that there was no repair option available at this time and they would simply replace it with a newer model. Has anyone else sent back their pistol and heard anything?

#2 GLOCK22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Good luck. I had a 24/7 PRO CDS in .40 that I sent in. Waited almost a year and a half for a new gun. That was back when they were just wrapping up the lawsuit though, so yours might not take so long. I opted for a PT111G2 in its place, as the 9mm was available before the .40 and i didnt want to wait any longer. My advice would be to utilize their online chat, and contact them every 3-4 weeks.I also requested and received a free magazine for my trouble.

Edited by GLOCK22, 18 November 2017 - 08:16 PM.

"Sheep don't tell wolves what's for dinner"

#3 cherryriver

Actual Member

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

Hah.  The suit's law firm (the people who actually profited from the whole mess) were telling members that Taurus was going to take 2-3 weeks to replace the sent-in guns.  That remains to be seen.

I have a PT145 in the hopper, myself.

Winter may change to summer, but the silly season goes on and on...

#4 David59

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

Next Monday will be 6 weeks.  I will let you know when and if i hear anything.

Dear Customer,

We are in receipt of your merchandise.
Processing should take approximately 6 weeks from the date of receipt.

Class Members may start filing claims on October 9, 2017.

You are receiving this email because you registered on www.tauruscartersettlement.com to receive updates about the class action settlement involving certain pistols manufactured by Taurus. The Settlement has been finally approved and benefits are now available to Settlement Class Members. You may start filing claims on October 9, 2017. The claims period will run through February 6, 2018.

#5 cherryriver

Actual Member

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

There you go.  I'm about four weeks in.

Winter may change to summer, but the silly season goes on and on...

#6 Raw Power

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

When I read the title, I just assumed it was a blanket recall for all of their guns.

;)

#7 fnnuguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

Good luck to all!  After waiting a year I received a Pt11g2 to replace a Pt11 Mil-pro and another 9 months (21 mo total) for a POS PT809 to replace a 27/7 OSS tactical.

They are not giving much of an option, A $200 G2, a discontinued 809 or whatever cash is left, up to $200 (which more likely than not will be about $100).

There is no fix for the class guns! 

What I'd like to know what will happen to the NOS guns yet to be sold? Still alot of em on GB.

Let the buyer beware!

#8 David59

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

Update Week 7

Contacted Taurus by “chat”.  After asking a few questions they asked me to fax claim form.  I told them that it was sent in the box with the firearm (one inside gun case and one in the box).  I gave them my claim number and claim ID number.  They said to contact the back in 72 hours.

#9 David59

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

Ok called today.  Said they don’t know if it will be repaired or replaced.  Person had no idea when that decision will be made.  Pretty much told don’t call us we’ll call you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users