Rest in Peace JD Williamson

Molly B.

JD (Jerry Don) Williamson
JD was a true patriot and defender of the Second Amendment. An encourager, an instigator, and all around good guy. He was an awesome friend. He was also close friends and hunting buddies with Mr. Otis McDonald. Rest in Peace dear friend and give our best to Otis and Ol Coach Gene Martin.
June 12, 2018 Obituaries

75-year-old Cisne resident, JD (Jerry Dan) Williamson died on June 12, 2018, at Clay County Hospital in Flora, Illinois. JD had been an operator for Trunkline Gas Company retiring in 1998. He was a big gun advocate being a member of the NRA and the Illinois Rifle Association. He would help with the conceal carry classes through church and various schools. He was a member of the Blue Point Free Will Baptist Church in Cisne, IL.

JD is survived by his wife, Judy of Cisne; one daughter, Trish (Rod) Balding of Marshall, IL; one son, Marty (Heather Latta) Williamson of Effingham, IL; one sister, Pat (Wayne) Sanders of Florida and one grandchild, Rachel Williamson.

Funeral services for JD Williamson will be on Saturday, June 16, 2018, at 11am at Blue Point Free Will Baptist Church in Cisne, IL. Burial will follow at the Cisne Cemetery.

Visitation will be held from 9am until time of the service Saturday at the church.

Memorials may be made to the Blue Point Free Will Baptist Church and will be accepted at the church or at the funeral home.

Arrangements under the direction of Hosselton Funeral Home, Cisne, IL.

Darn it, first I’d heard of it. JD was a year or two older than my dad and I spent many Saturday mornings at the coffee shop as a youngster, listening to all manner of stories.

He also lived next to the high school and always chatted with students if he was home while they walked by to go somewhere for lunch, etc.

I was humbled when he grabbed me by the arm in Springfield a few years back and dragged me straight over to Otis for introductions. Both men were class acts and JD will be missed as Otis is.

Archived