Glock 43 vs Beretta Px4 Compact Carry

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ScottFM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:43 PM

I am thinking of changing out my Glock 43 for the Beretta Px4 Compact Carry. Everything I have seen about looks really great for a EDC gun. Has anyone played with the Px4 CC and have some first hand reviews?

I've seen all the youtube reviews, but frankly, I don't trust any gun channel that has or is trying to get sponsorships. Seems they taint themselves when they are accepting money. 

--

Beer, it's the reason I get out of bed every afternoon!

#2 mic6010

• Members
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:06 PM

I can't speak to the Carry version but the Storm is a nice pistol. Shoots real nice for me. Haven't had any problems with it. Still ain't replacing my Glock 19 though lol.

"Living in Chicago, it used to be, 'don't go out at night,' or 'be more careful at night'. Now it's turned into a place where it doesn't matter if it's day or night."  - John Hendricks.

#3 ScottFM

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:26 PM

I can't speak to the Carry version but the Storm is a nice pistol. Shoots real nice for me. Haven't had any problems with it. Still ain't replacing my Glock 19 though lol.

I am keeping my Glock 19 too! 

Love that gun! Just feels good in my hands. I got the 43 because of the smaller size and to use for EDC in the summer or in places where a smaller size would be more useful. But it is not a perfect EDC. So am looking at other ones and Px4CC has caught my eye. 

--

#4 Retiredguns

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

Nice looking pistol and likely very reliable. Any concerns about switching to a hammer fired pistol with a safety?

Steve
Posted Image

#5 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• 8,088 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:35 AM

Nice looking pistol and likely very reliable. Any concerns about switching to a hammer fired pistol with a safety?

I ask the same. Switching to a double /single action with a safety in an obtuse location on the slide? I love hammer fired guns. And Berettas. I learned running classes with a 92 that the safety on the slide is obnoxious. Ever do a tap/rack drill with live ammo and dummy rounds with a Beretta? I was having fits. Accidentally activate the safety and kill the trigger...then tap/rack out a perfectly good round...then realize the safety is on.  My newer Beretta has a G type decocker. That solves that problem. I'd suggest a G type, assuming it exists for the PX4CC.

It would probably be an easier transition for you to get a G26. Just saying....and I'm no fan of the G26.

I left the G43 for a Sig P938. Easier to conceal than the G43! I shoot the P938 a lot better too...better trigger I think.

Edited by TRJ, 11 October 2018 - 11:36 AM.

#6 ScottFM

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:33 PM

This one has a decocker, not a safety from what I can tell. 

--

#7 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:07 PM

I have a PX4 Compact. It was a Type F, decocker plus safety. But it's now a Type G decocker only. It's a very easy conversion and can easily be reversed if you want. I also changed the trigger for the competition trigger.

As reliable as a pistol can be, thousands of rounds and the only failure was a jam caused by a reloaded case that split. Not the pistol's fault the case was just at the end of it's life. As far as I can tell the Compact Carry is just a PX4 with an enhanced trigger and low profile slide stops and decocker. Worth the extra $150.
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#8 Huski92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

I fire ten rounds through one. Nice gun. Shoots well. But it’s a completely different animal than the Beretta. Bigger(more rounds), different trigger. Different operation. Any chance you can shoot one? Fox Valley Shooting Range has one for rent. Don’t know where your at though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ScottFM

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:24 AM

I have a PX4 Compact. It was a Type F, decocker plus safety. But it's now a Type G decocker only. It's a very easy conversion and can easily be reversed if you want. I also changed the trigger for the competition trigger.

As reliable as a pistol can be, thousands of rounds and the only failure was a jam caused by a reloaded case that split. Not the pistol's fault the case was just at the end of it's life. As far as I can tell the Compact Carry is just a PX4 with an enhanced trigger and low profile slide stops and decocker. Worth the extra $150.

Now that I have seen one, I had thought it was a smaller version of the PX4, but you're right, just some nicer furniture than the stock Px4. The size is my Glock 19 size and I like that gun a lot. Was looking for a smaller footprint when I don't want to carry the bigger gun. This one, albeit nice, isn't what I was looking for. 

--

#10 lee n. field

• 1,950 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:11 AM

I am thinking of changing out my Glock 43 for the Beretta Px4 Compact Carry. Everything I have seen about looks really great for a EDC gun. Has anyone played with the Px4 CC and have some first hand reviews?

I've seen all the youtube reviews, but frankly, I don't trust any gun channel that has or is trying to get sponsorships. Seems they taint themselves when they are accepting money. 

Apples and oranges change.

Like you, I distrust a lot of what I see on the Internet. 

Pistol Forum has some extended (quite lengthy) threads on the various PX4s.  Might be worth  your time to peruse them.

DA/SA seems to be the new hot thing, among the AIWB cool kids.

"Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD!
Why would you have the day of the LORD?
It is darkness, and not light,"

#11 Raw Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:24 AM

The PX4 is a great gun, but was a little too big for appendix carry for me which was what I was hoping to do with it. We parted ways, but it wasn't on bad terms. 

I'm not a fan of the two smaller Glocks, but they work fine.

Edited by Raw Power, 15 October 2018 - 07:25 AM.

#12 soundguy

• 5,363 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:46 AM

I picked up a couple DA/SA pistols in the last 2 years. Both compact CZs. Both optimized by Cajun Gun Works. One has a safety, one a decocker. Both are fine guns but after shooting each quite a bit, I've realized I prefer SA pistols with a shorter trigger reach and pull. I like my tiny Sig P938, cocked and locked, but my Hi Power (SFS - hammer down cocked and locked) works best for me.

I like the trigger.

I like shooting it at the range.

It is not at all difficult for me to carry.

I feel fortunate to be able to carry my favorite gun to shoot.

If you are thinking of changing your carry gun, shooting the new candidate quite a bit first is probably a good idea.

Edited by soundguy, 15 October 2018 - 07:47 AM.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users