Photo

IL CCW Trainer Curriculum Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
132 replies to this topic

#121 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,722 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

I just talked to an instructor who spoke with isp legal and they told him students can not combine 2 four hr classes to meet the first 8 hrs

I think you might ought to pass the details to Molly B Todd V - pm or e-mail

I left valinda a voicemail
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#122 wtr100

• Members
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

I just talked to an instructor who spoke with isp legal and they told him students can not combine 2 four hr classes to meet the first 8 hrs

I think you might ought to pass the details to Molly B Todd V - pm or e-mail

I left valinda a voicemail

you're ok - don't care what the rest of these people say about you

Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning

ISRA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
ISP Approved Concealed Carry Instructor

#123 Carry Trainer

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

What was the attorney name? No one can write to those who can change this without having the name of the attorney.

Training our clients to survive an attack physically, morally, legally and financially

952-935-2414 tgrant@NACFI.us

#124 Telecomtodd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Something to think about - if you modify the IL Carry curriculum, you better have your own curriculum number. I've added a number of things including the "GFZ" signage issued by ISP not too long ago.

EllisCertified.com
NRA Basic Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PPITH Instructor, Chief RSO, Training Counselor
NRA/USAS Smallbore and High Power Rifle Level 2 Coach
Boy Scout Shooting Sports Committee Chairman, Greater St. Louis Area Council, BSA
NRA Life Benefactor member, NCRPA Life member, ISRA member
Illinois State Police certified CCL Instructor, MO certified CC instructor
Missouri resident with many years of legal civilian concealed carry experience
(There ain't very many of us out there, folks!)

#125 GUNS&LAWYERS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

This I can believe. Why would someone get 8 hours of credit if they took hunter's safety and then got a Florida license because they took hunter safety? That would be double credit for 1 course.
"Send lawyers, guns and money...the $#!% has hit the fan."
Warren Zevon

#126 sctman800

• Members
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

Someone with a Utah permit has taken a four hour course by a Utah approved instructor and Illinois gives four hours credit for that. If that person comes to me (I have the CLIC curiculim for the final eight hours and teach NRA BP for the first eight) and says "I only need 12 hours." I don't see any way I can give less than the NRA BP followed by the CLIC for a total of 16 hours. I have heard an advertizement for a four hour class being taught in my area, but don't find anything about a four hour course on the ISP site. I guess I am just confused about the whole mess. Jim.
Kristofferson wrote it and Janis sang it "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

#127 RacerDave6

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

This I can believe. Why would someone get 8 hours of credit if they took hunter's safety and then got a Florida license because they took hunter safety? That would be double credit for 1 course.

But if they took hunter safety and UT those are 2 separate 4 hr courses and should count for 8 hrs credit.
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#128 papa

• Members
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

So why wouldn't they be given the full 8 hours credit if they had taken the 4 hr. Utah class , then taken the hunter safety class for the Fla. license ? Seems like the instructor Drylok spoke of isn't going to honor the full 8 hr. credit as I posed either. That would be wrong.

Guess I should read all the thread before posting. I see RacerDave already posed such a situation.

Edited by papa, 18 November 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#129 aka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Do you have names and telephone numbers to share?

No where on the ISP{ webpage does it say that credit is given for only ONE class. My understanding (and I am not a lawyer) on reading the credits page by ISP is that one can combine any of the classes to get 8 hours credit as long as EACH class is a separate entity.

Once CANNOT attend Hunter's Safety and get a FL permit and claim 8 hours but if someone attended Hunters Safety and UT CCW Class they could claim 8 hours.

Thank you

Arvind Aggarwal

aka@aka123.com

--------------------------------
IL CCW License Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Member
Glock Armorer

#130 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,607 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:14 AM

This is an old topic and has supposedly been resolved with the ISP correcting the misinformation. Please post here if you hear of any new reports that the ISP help desk is still saying this.

Thank you.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#131 ClaudeH

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

I have a question: If I teach the 16 hours as 8 by teaching NRA BP and 8 from teaching CLIC, Do I need to show an approved cirriculum number for each of those? Is there an approved cirriculum for NRA BP? Or do I need to apply for a cirriculum number for my combining NRA BP and CLIC?
Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

#132 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,607 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

You will show an approved curriculum number only for the CLIC curriculum. On the line stating what other training documentation the applicant needs to supply you will write "NRA Basic Pistol".
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#133 ClaudeH

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Thanks, Molly!
Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: