Legislative Update 10/17/2017

mauserme

It looks like our work in the coming Veto Session is starting to be better defined:

Today in the legislature, a new bump fire stock bill was filed by Representative Barbara Wheeler;

HB4120 Crim Cd Ban Bump Fire Stock

Three bills were assigned to House Judiciary - Criminal:

HB4107 Crim Cd Assault Weapons Ban

HB4112 Crim Cd Bump Stock Ban

HB4117 Trigger Mod Pre Pack Explosive

And SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing was placed back on the House Calendar, at third reading.

Also, two shell bills were added to the House Calendar at second reading that we will monitor closely.

Additional updates will follow as needed.

HJR70 National Concealed Carry has been assigned to House Judiciary - Criminal as well.

Almost laughable, that there is a bill to urge Congress to force Illinois to accept carry by non-residents, while at the same time there is not only no bill for Illinois to just do it on their own, but also that the state is vigorously opposing such measures both in the courts and through the regulatory agencies.

The following bills are scheduled for hearings in the House Judiciary - Criminal Committee 10/24/2017 @ 3:00 PM.

HB4107 Crim Cd Assault Weapons Ban

HB4112 Crim Cd Bump Stock Ban

HB4117 Trigger Mod Pre Pack Explosive

NJR70 Nationnal Concelaed Carry

We'll wait a bit before issuing a Call to Action in order to see what else comes up, but feel free to file witness slips against all 3 bills, and as a proponent of the joint resolution (HJR70).

CONTACTS:

House Judiciary - Criminal Committee

esims@repelgiesims34.com

Representative Kelly M. Cassidy (D)
Representative Brian W. Stewart ®
Representative Terri Bryant ®
Representative John M. Cabello ®
Representative Will Guzzardi (D)
Representative Rita Mayfield (D)
Representative Christian L. Mitchell (D)
Representative Elaine Nekritz (D)
Representative Lindsay Parkhurst ®
Representative Justin Slaughter (D)
Representative Juliana Stratton (D)
Representative Barbara Wheeler ®

I posted a message on youtube channel iraqveteran8888 asking for their help to do a shout out because we need people from all over the country calling Springfield. A few months ago Eric and Chad did a gun gripe on the Gun Dealer Licensing bill SB1657 so hopefully they do a follow up now that it's on 3rd Reading.

I mentioned the other bills too.

Here are some links:

Assault Weapons Ban

HB4107 (Opponent)

Tracked here

Bump Stock Ban

HB4112 (Opponent)

Tracked here

Trigger Mod/Pre-Packaged Explosive

HB4117 (Opponent)

Tracked here

National Concealed Carry

HJR70 (Proponent)

Tracked here

Thanks for posting those. We'll send an alert with links in a couple days - just waiting to make sure we include everything we need to include.

I posted a message on youtube channel iraqveteran8888 asking for their help to do a shout out because we need people from all over the country calling Springfield. A few months ago Eric and Chad did a gun gripe on the Gun Dealer Licensing bill SB1657 so hopefully they do a follow up now that it's on 3rd Reading.

I mentioned the other bills too.

Thanks.

Keep an eye on SB1657. We're not done with it yet.

Filed.

http://my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDetail/15285?HCommittees10/24/2017-page=1&HCommittees10/24/2017-orderBy=&HCommittees10/24/2017-filter=&committeeid=0&chamber=H&nodays=7&_=1508286629296

We're opposed on HB 4107, HB 4112, and HB 4117.

We're proponent on HJR 70.

We have no position on HR 570 because it's not gun related.

I think we should call Rep Kathleen Willis's office in earnest saying NO TO GUN DEALER LICENSING!!

She is the House sponsor. Please call district and Springfield, fax both, email.

Fax? I can imagine piles of paper all over the floor. Both District AND Springfield offices!

I messaged Tim at the Military Arms Channel asking for a video on our gun bills. He has the audience. Please message him too and let's get this going!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgewehre/about

https://twitter.com/MAC_Arms

Now Rep Willis:

repwillis77@gmail.com

Springfield Office: 264-S Stratton Office Building Springfield, IL 62706 (217) 782-3374

(217) 524-0448 FAX

District Office: 112 N. Wolf Rd. Northlake, IL 60164 (708) 562-6970 (708) 562-6974 FAX

Archived