We need a chat box

gixxermaniak

I wouldn't see it so much as fixing something. Id think of it as an enhancement :)

Another board I frequent has one and it's a nice feature. The members can post whatever without making a thread. I can say "hey Bud, how's it going" and you can say "Ah, go kick rocks" or whatever.

Do small talk without creating a thread.

It's like anything though. Some will love it, some might hate it and and others could care less either way

VBulletin boards generally have a built in chat room and a shoutbox which shows up on the main forum page. You can chat with everyone in the room or chat privately by agreement with someone else. Good time waster. I should point out something about those chat boxes and rooms. For the general chat, an admin or global mod can go back in time and read the contents of the chat. I found that out the hard way. ;) I do not believe they could read private chats between two people. Maybe. Like most boards a site admin can read PM's between members if they are so inclined to do so.

Next your going to say we need a "Like" button.

If there is a "like" button, is here also a "dislike" button" ?

"annoys me" button?

"Hate" button?

"passionately detest" button?

"pushing me into a murderous rage" button?

just asking to get a sense of the possible parameters

This board software does have that option. The truck forum i'm on has the same software and kept the like options. Its actually useful, it does eliminate some posts that are simply ""hey i agree with you" or "hey that was funny"

But then how are we going to build our post count?

do we need a post count?

All the cool kids have a high post count. Without it, how would we know who's opinion is best? Who would start all the OFFICIAL threads?

This board software does have that option. The truck forum i'm on has the same software and kept the like options. Its actually useful, it does eliminate some posts that are simply ""hey i agree with you" or "hey that was funny"

But then how are we going to build our post count?

do we need a post count?

All the cool kids have a high post count. Without it, how would we know who's opinion is best? Who would start all the OFFICIAL threads?

You don't need a high post count to be OFFICIAL.

Should I ask for my 7,000 posts back then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I believe Garland Fan holds the high score now, if not mistaken.

yeah, but half of his posts are denying the existence of Bigfoot!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Archived