I got 10 years

Got my new FOID yesterday. It is good for 10 years. Guess I got around the fix the FOID limit of 5 years. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Did you get a letter from the ISP to renew your FOID? Or did you check on the website? Mine is coming up fro renewal soon.

My FOID came do a month ago. No letter. I have my FOID and CCL renewal on my calendar. Oh yeah, no renewal letter for my CCL either.

Did you hear the one about a Russian in the gulag?

An older prisoner asked him how long he was in for and he replied 10 years.

Asked what he did, the new prisoner replied: nothing.

The older prisoner replied: liar, for nothing you only get 5 years.

source: Three Felonies a Day...

Edited by carry

Every FOID I've ever received has only been good for 5 years. How are you guys getting 10 year FOID's?

hmmm

... (430 ILCS 65/7) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-7)

Sec. 7. Validity of Firearm Owner's Identification Card.

(a) Except as provided in Section 8 of this Act or subsection (B) of this Section, a Firearm Owner's Identification Card issued under the provisions of this Act shall be valid for the person to whom it is issued for a period of 10 years from the date of issuance....

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Not having great success finding this answer elsewhere, and hoping not to sound too ignorant...

My wife and I want to renew now (several years early), but I don't seem to be able to start that process on the ISP web site. Will they issue new cards that far in advance? Does it have to be done by some method other than the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Rich Phillips

Hi,

Not having great success finding this answer elsewhere, and hoping not to sound too ignorant...

My wife and I want to renew now (several years early), but I don't seem to be able to start that process on the ISP web site. Will they issue new cards that far in advance? Does it have to be done by some method other than the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Rich Phillips

No, you can not renew a couple years early. You have to go to the ISP website and log in to renew. Your renew buttons only become active 90 days prior to your FOID expiration date and 120 days before your FCCL expires.

Got my non-res renewal notice from Florida yesterday. Not necessary, since I got Tennessee lifetime about a year ago. Ahhhhhhhhhhh,,,,, Progress! Not missing my FOID! What a joke.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Rich Phillips

No, you can not renew a couple years early. You have to go to the ISP website and log in to renew. Your renew buttons only become active 90 days prior to your FOID expiration date and 120 days before your FCCL expires.

Hi King,

So there is no way to renew in advance and lock in a ten year card, in case the five year card becomes law?

Rich

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FAQ.aspx

How do I renew by FOID card?

Your FOID card can be renewed through either the on-line method at www.ispfsb.com or the alternative call-in application process. Follow the instructions for "HOW DO I APPLY FOR A FOID CARD?" If renewing on-line, you will select the orange "RENEW" button after logging in. The orange "RENEW" button will appear when the FOID card holder is eligible to renew the card. FOID card holders will also be notified by US mail, 60 days prior to the expiration of their FOID card. Please allow 30 days to process your renewal, plus mailing, to receive your card. FOID cards will not be forwarded by the U.S. Postal Service.

When can I renew my FOID application?

A FOID card holder may renew their FOID card up to 90 days in advance of the expiration date. To renew your FOID card, you may do so online at www.ispfsb.com or by calling 217-782-7980, A fill-in-the-blank paper application is no longer accepted

Edited by InterestedBystander

Hi Bystander,

Thanks. I guess I need to explain in advance all the steps I have already taken before I reach out here for advice...

To be clear and complete, I have tried to use the methods described in that cut and paste selection. It was not evident that renewals only were possible at the 90 day mark, and could not be done as far in advance as I wanted. Thinking operator error could be at work prompted me to ask.

FWIW.

Rich

Edited by richp