Photo

College Student Victim of Confusing Gun Laws

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,300 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

His next court appearance is tomorrow (Monday April 24) at 9 a.m. I hope some of our Chicago members can show up to give him moral support.

Hopefully he has retained a good attorney.  From the facts stated here, I can't see any law whatsoever being broken.  (But of course we don't know all the facts.)

If anyone has a chance, please post the updates tomorrow in this thread...

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#32 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

I think the bottom line is that with no immediate evidence of domestic violence, they simply found a reason to arrest and charge him. Probably in the hopes that more potential domestic charges would be pressed upon his removal from the residence... Doesn't make it right but law enforcement is always arresting people for trumped up BS, while attempting to gather whatever potential evidence they need to make more legitimate charges stick Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

$50,000 in bail. Wow, I'm wondering if felons in possession of a handgun get bail set this high? Sure sounds like BS charges. I hope he didn't admit to taking the handgun loaded from his car to the residence, if he did.

I hope a lot of white gun owners show up for his court appearance to support him.

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrong doers should dominate just men.  -  Augustine

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#33 brianj - now in Kansas

Political refugee from the People's Republic of IL

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, I'm a wimp, but this kind of crap (EXACTLY) was why I didn't bring a sidearm with me when I went back to Illinois for a visit a couple of weeks ago.  An AUUW charge against me could get both me and Mrs. J fired from our jobs.

I just crossed my fingers and hoped that nothing bad would happen for the 2 days we were there.

Bri

"Your father's 1911..  Not as random or clumsy as a Glock.  A more elegant weapon for a more civilized age." -- Obi Wan Kenobi

#34 papa

• Members
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, I'm a wimp, but this kind of crap (EXACTLY) was why I didn't bring a sidearm with me when I went back to Illinois for a visit a couple of weeks ago.  An AUUW charge against me could get both me and Mrs. J fired from our jobs.

I just crossed my fingers and hoped that nothing bad would happen for the 2 days we were there.

Bri

For times like this , carry a couple sharp knives and pepper spray.

#35 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• 7,501 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

Bri

^ A man with a knife is not unarmed.

#36 Hazborgufen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Bri

^ A man with a knife is not unarmed.

Just make sure the knife isn't too long for Chicago's laws. And make sure that the pepper spray is legal...

#37 tseeker

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

$50,000 in bail. Wow, I'm wondering if felons in possession of a handgun get bail set this high? Sure sounds like BS charges. I hope he didn't admit to taking the handgun loaded from his car to the residence, if he did.I hope a lot of white gun owners show up for his court appearance to support him.

Yep...Me thinks that there is a state run social agency (behind the scenes) talking extensively with the girlfriend and fishing for absolutely anything that could imply assult (if not trying to convince her that she is or has been abused)...

Probably even politely threatening to take her kid(s), if she doesn't play ball with them

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Edited by tseeker, 24 April 2017 - 07:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users