Official: Post Up Your 30 Day Letters... Most Wins!

Windermere

• 1 month later...

i just checked my ccl status, and i went under board review today. i immediately called isp and they said i had an objection from a local law enforcement agency, i have no idea what this could be for... what are my next steps?

And i thought that leo agencies had 30 days to object, and this is my 84th day?

i live in cook county, maybe i have been "DARTED"?

• 3 weeks later...
I got my, Need 30 additional day notice. 30 days ago, I'm interested to know why would the board be made up of members that have regular day jobs but don't have the time to review the applications and still get a salary for doing the job. Also curious to know how is Tom Dart allowed to fill objections to a applicant that meets the requirements for CCW. By the State of Illinois. The last time I checked the criminals were not asking permission to carry a gun.

Hehe I received another 30 day too. Applied March of 2015!

This is so pathetic, awesome job state of Illinois. heck I moved and updated my address on my FOID in the beginning of March 2016. I still don't have my updated FOID and it shows as suspended! So I do the right thing and update my new address and now my FOID is suspended until the state gets off their slow a** and re-issues me my new FOID card!

Hehe I received another 30 day too. Applied March of 2015!

This is so pathetic, awesome job state of Illinois. heck I moved and updated my address on my FOID in the beginning of March 2016. I still don't have my updated FOID and it shows as suspended! So I do the right thing and update my new address and now my FOID is suspended until the state gets off their slow a** and re-issues me my new FOID card!

I still can't believe you haven't gotten yours. There must've been a complete halt in operation since the last batch.

Only 14 months behind? At this rate, a year from now, they will be around 18 months behind or more. I wonder where the NRA and the others that should be stepping in on these people's behalf have gone? I guess all the big wins are over so the Rights of these people stuck in limbo don't matter as much anymore. Lawsuit time.

I swear I hope this scenario never happens, but if someone gets mugged or killed in a robbery. And they're on this ridiculous waiting list( and could of protected themselves had they have their CCW)

I hope their family sues the living crap out of this state!

I thought about that as well and very valid point. Something has to happen to put spotlight on this slow process.

I swear I hope this scenario never happens, but if someone gets mugged or killed in a robbery. And they're on this ridiculous waiting list( and could of protected themselves had they have their CCW)

Unfortunately, this clause could make things a little bit complicated:

(430 ILCS 66/45)

Sec. 45. Civil immunity; Board, employees, and agents. The Board, Department, local law enforcement agency, or the employees and agents of the Board, Department, or local law enforcement agency participating in the licensing process under this Act shall not be held liable for damages in any civil action arising from alleged wrongful or improper granting, denying, renewing, revoking, suspending, or failing to grant, deny, renew, revoke, or suspend a license under this Act, except for willful or wanton misconduct.

Unfortunately, this clause could make things a little bit complicated:

(430 ILCS 66/45)

Sec. 45. Civil immunity; Board, employees, and agents. The Board, Department, local law enforcement agency, or the employees and agents of the Board, Department, or local law enforcement agency participating in the licensing process under this Act shall not be held liable for damages in any civil action arising from alleged wrongful or improper granting, denying, renewing, revoking, suspending, or failing to grant, deny, renew, revoke, or suspend a license under this Act, except for willful or wanton misconduct.

I'd think that the abundance of objections by Dart and his minions, particularly when the majority of them are overturned, could be considered willful and/or wanton misconduct...

I can't imagine what its going to be like at the 5+ year mark when we start renewing... Do they go thru the same process?

If so...its going to be a DISASTER!

There may be a need...no..there IS a need right now to address this NOW.

They meet only 'twice a month'???

I know what I can accomplish in just two days...I'm good at what I do...but to process hundreds of reviews?!?!?

Any MORON would know you cannot complete ANY appreciable workload in only TWO DAYS A MONTH!!!

Let's say this out loud...

Two days...TWO DAYS A MONTH?!?! Its like a welfare work program!

(You 'tried' to do a job....twice this month? Here's your check)

Imagine if they DOUBLED their 'attention' to...FOUR days a month. Folks may get their permission slips in half the time!

Or...perhaps that's 'too much labor' for our Illinois taxpayer financed 'employees'????

The mind BOGGLES...if they..oh....worked on reviews on WHOLE WEEK PER MONTH!!!

The members of the board review information on cases throughout the month and familiarize themselves with as many as they can, then they meet and are ready to discuss and vote on the cases they have reviewed. I can see some of the cases I have reviewed, in order to help those who have asked for assistance, the objections/police reports/court documents can be very complicated and difficult to decipher. I do not envy the board's position.

The members of the board review information on cases throughout the month and familiarize themselves with as many as they can, then they meet and are ready to discuss and vote on the cases they have reviewed. I can see some of the cases I have reviewed, in order to help those who have asked for assistance, the objections/police reports/court documents can be very complicated and difficult to decipher. I do not envy the board's position.

Molly - surely there is a better way to handle things? What's gonna happen at renewal time if they're backed up so far? And how can it even be legal for them to just keep sending letter after letter? They have milllions of our dollars yet they can't find a more efficient means of wading through this administrative BS?

Time to file a class action suit. Seriously. Cannot just deny civil rights indefinitely.

Another suit against Dart for these shenanigans. Wouldn't filing misleading or incorrect information on objections be perjury? At least 1983 material.

Legislatively the way to fix this is to mandate a default issue of license in the absence of board action within the time limits already established in the statute. That would still give them at least 60 days. Or just get rid of the star chamber review board altogether.

I think more of us should contact news stations! I contacted a few and they seemed to of just blown it off.

There's a serious problem with the Illinois CCW process!!!

I bet if this was exposed more somethings would get done timely. A lot of people I talk to don't even know of this slower than slow process. Heck 99% of them don't know of this forum!

Molly - surely there is a better way to handle things? What's gonna happen at renewal time if they're backed up so far? And how can it even be legal for them to just keep sending letter after letter? They have milllions of our dollars yet they can't find a more efficient means of wading through this administrative BS?

The backlog is created by Cook Co Sheriff Tom Dart. Several pieces of legislation have been proposed to curb his anti-carry policies. So far the proposals have not moved.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived