Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Renewing FOID while CCL is under review seems to delay the CCL until FOID renewal clears. FOID renewal has 60 business days for processing.

Man, I wish I knew this before I renewed my FOID!

CCL renewed with prints on 9/4/19 (expired 10/3/19) - under review

FOID renewed on 11/2/19 (expires 2/1/20) under review

Exactly, I could have waited on the FOID renewal and should of had the CCL by now instead of approaching almost 200 days wait ( calendar days).

Thought I was being proactive and got them both sent in as soon as the option opened on the web.

Couple days shy of 60 business days for the FOID, maybe I'll see some movement soon? :no:

Went active today!!!!

Expires 4/14/19

Applied 1/5/19 (no prints)

Renewed FOID on 5/1/19 which reset CCL clock

Application rejected due to missing digit on certificate 8/29/29

Updated Certificate uploaded 8/29/19

QC verified 12/27/19

Approved 1/2/20

Active 1/3/20

Total time 363 days.

Got 9 months of “free” time!!!

I'm jealous I renewed about a week before expiration and only got about 3 months of "free time".

Went active today!!!!

Expires 4/14/19

QC verified 12/27/19

Approved 1/2/20

Active 1/3/20

Total time 363 days.

did they give you a 2025 expire date? I thought they changed the law to backdate to when the card expired as to not give away any free time, but also if renewed early not lose any time.

Went active today!!!!

Expires 4/14/19

QC verified 12/27/19

Approved 1/2/20

Active 1/3/20

Total time 363 days.

Got 9 months of free time!!!

did they give you a 2025 expire date? I thought they changed the law to backdate to when the card expired as to not give away any free time, but also if renewed early not lose any time.
Yes, they did pass a change to make renewals 5 years from expire date regardless of when processed. Dont remember when bill was signed but they had 6 months to implement. Given the issues getting the simplest of things done, Im not expecting it to be done on time.

SB1139 effective 7/12/19

(B) This subsection (B) applies on and after the 181st day following the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 101st General Assembly. Applications for renewal of a license shall be made to the Department. A license shall be renewed for a period of 5 years from the date of expiration on the applicant's current license upon the receipt of a completed renewal application, completion of 3 hours of training required under Section 75 of this Act, payment of the applicable renewal fee, and completion of an investigation under Section 35 of this Act. The renewal application shall contain the information required in Section 30 of this Act, except that the applicant need not resubmit a full set of fingerprints.

Went active today!!!!

Expires 4/14/19

QC verified 12/27/19

Approved 1/2/20

Active 1/3/20

Total time 363 days.

Yes. Good until 2025.

• 2 weeks later...

Renewed CCL on 11/9/2019, with fingerprints submitted with my original application.

Expired 1/16/2020

Under Review 11/11/2019

Didn't even go to QC verified or approved and I checked every since my last post about this on 2/4/2020

Went straight to ACTIVE today, 2/7/2020

90 days exactly

Imagine that.

Although my expiration date is 1/16/2025, so they just added five years from my original expiration date.

Aren't they supposed to put the new expiration date as five years from the ACTIVE date?

Oh, wait, they sh!tweaseled and changed the law to prevent people from getting any free time on their licenses. That's right.

FOID Renewal

FOID expired 01/01/20

Submitted renewal on 10/29/19

Rejected for photo not meeting requirements on 02/05/20

Submitted new photo on 02/05/20

Since I was rejected and had to resubmit a photo mean my 60 business day clock starts over?

I’m going to say yes the clock starts over!

But I can’t remember there being any asking or placement for a photo when both the FOID and CCL was renewed!

Just answered a few questions and pressed submit.

I would have thought that they have all you info and would just start the renew process?

But maybe I got in before some rules change......

FINALLY!!! Now, the snail mail wait begins.

FOID Renewed: October 9, 2019

FOID expired: January 1, 2020

FOID Active: February 4, 2020

Calendar Days: 118

Business Days: 77 (Seven Holidays)

I had submitted the Online FOID Inquiry; sent two emails (requested mail receipt/read notification)… no response.

Hundreds of attempts on the “Customer Non-Service” phone (217-782-7980), which is basically useless, unless you just want to hear a recording of … “We are experiencing a larger number of calls, please try later. Goodbye.” Surprisingly, on January 23, 2020 I actually received a second recorded message… “All lines are busy; please hold for the next representative.” Half hour wait time and a live person came online; verified that it was QC Verified and noted that there were five holidays during my Review period (guess I missed a few); And, no idea what an expected approval timeframe would be.

Holidays: Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day.

Renewed CCL on 11/9/2019, with fingerprints submitted with my original application.

Expired 1/16/2020

Under Review 11/11/2019

Didn't even go to QC verified or approved and I checked every since my last post about this on 2/4/2020

Went straight to Active on 2/7/2020

Licence in hand 2/12/2020

95 total days

• 4 weeks later...

My CCL had an Expiration Date of 3/26/2020. Received renewal letter 12/4/2019, had already completed renewal training in Oct 2019. Submitted online renewal with the ISP 12/5/2019. Check several times while waiting. Status (using inspect element) changed from Submitted to Under Review sometime in Jan 2020. Checked Feb 26 2020 and was still Under Review (using inspect element). Just for the heck of it I checked again Mar 6 2020. Status said Under Review but I noticed the issue date said 3/4/2020 and the Expiration Date was 3/26/2025 when I used inspect element the status was Approved. I received my new card in the mail 3/9/2020 and my status is Active. I'm not going to do the math on how many days it was. I'm just glad I received the new card before the old one expired.

* As a side note, I did submit fingerprint with my original CCL application.

My FOID expires in Nov 2020. Hopefully that renewal goes as smooth.

Archived