Cody Wilson (3D) charged with sex assault.

2smartby1/2

You have got to be kidding me....

The Texas man at the center of a heated national case about the distribution of 3D-printing gun blueprints was arrested Wednesday and charged with sexually assaulting a juvenile girl, according to an affidavit obtained by CBS News.

Police say they received a call on Aug. 22 from an adult described as a counselor, who said her client, a juvenile, had told her she had sex with a 30-year-old man. The girl, who is described as under the age of 17, later identified that man as Cody Wilson, according to the Austin Police affidavit. The girl allegedly said Wilson paid her $500 for sex after they met on the website sugardaddymeet.com.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cody-wilson-man-center-of-3d-printed-gun-dispute-charged-child-sex-assault-today-2018-09-19/

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I would have allowed for a "set-up" because of the 3D gun issue. However, if he is actually on sugardaddy.com and sent dick pics....that is all on him. I wonder if it matters that she was under 17? If should would have been 17 or 18 would it have been illegal? Still paying money for sex?

I wonder if it matters that she was under 17? If should would have been 17 or 18 would it have been illegal? ...

The age of consent in TX is 18. I'm not sure why the article specifically refers to "under 17."

He was arrested by Austin PD, but maybe the girl lives in a state where the age of consent is 17, and he traveled to her.

Well, if he's convicted, felony sex offenders don't get to keep their 2A rights.

So many problems with this. But i had to check something out first. If you go to the website, 18 is the min age. Why was an under 17 on there first of all. If he found out after the fact that she was under 18, fry his a**.

However, he may have been under the assumption that she was 18+ since she was on that website. I havent read the whole article, i will later tonight. But sounds like it could have been catfishing attempt to get some blackmail money and didn't pay or found out who he was, i don't know. Just my 2 cents based on the snippet provided above.

Just doesnt sound like something you would do on purpose when your already the headlines of national news. But some people are just plain stupid.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:20 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:20 AM - No reason given

Also, she accepted money from him for sex (prostitution). Regardless, even if she was of age, he made a VERY stupid move

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/texas-prostitution-laws.html

For god sakes, if I was single and wanted to, I could easily pic up a girl for a one night stand at a bar. Cody would no doubt be able to do it too. Idiot!

Innocent until proven guilty.

I agree that he is innocent of this particular charge until proven guilty.

My guess is that he thought she was at least 18 since that is how old you are supposed to be on that site. I'm not sure how that is enforced, but that is what I found when I Googled it.

He might have a shot at beating the specific charge (if she pretended to be older than she was), but there is no way around the solicitation/creepiness/lameness aspect of this (assuming the reporting is true).

From his standpoint there is a HUGE difference between sexual assault of a minor (felon, registered sex offender) and solicitation (misdemeanor).

Outside of that, if you are only 30, What the hey!!! are you doing on sugardaddy.com? Even if he beats the charges, that part will stick. Is his mack game THAT weak-sauce?

More of the story here: https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/article/Controversial-Austin-man-behind-3-D-printed-gun-13241265.php

Did he really flee to Taiwan?

Cody Wilson, the owner of a controversial Austin business that distributes blueprints for untraceable 3-D printed guns, fled to Taiwan after he was tipped off about a police investigation into sexual relations between him and a 16-year-old girl, police said.

Austin police are now working with international law enforcement agencies to extradite Wilson back to Travis County for prosecution.

Security cameras recorded Wilson and the victim using the hotel's valet service at about 8:30 p.m. [They] then took an elevator to the seventh floor and entered a room, where the victim said they had sex, according to the affidavit. Wilson then paid her $500 in cash, authorities said.

They were recorded leaving the elevator at about 9:20 p.m. According to the affidavit, Wilson dropped off the victim at a Whataburger on West Slaughter Lane.

Officer added investigators said that if anyone mistook the victim's age it "would be because they think she's younger, not older than 16."

After news of the charges against Wilson broke on Wednesday, many social media users openly wondered whether he had been set up in some sort of sting operation. Officers said there's no evidence that he was set up, but prosecutors will investigate that possibility.

So she looks even younger than 16; he paid her $500 for 50 minutes; and he dropped her off at a Whatabuger afterwards. That's class.

If someone put a 16-year-old girl who looks even younger than 16 up to having sex for a possible sting operation, that's all kinds of felony, too.

So she looks even younger than 16; he paid her $500 for 50 minutes; and he dropped her off at a Whatabuger afterwards. That's class.If someone put a 16-year-old girl who looks even younger than 16 up to having sex for a possible sting operation, that's all kinds of felony, too.

Who will be the first to blame the 16 year old victim?

Cody Wilson, the owner of a controversial Austin business that distributes blueprints for untraceable 3-D printed guns, fled to Taiwan after he was tipped off about a police investigation into sexual relations between him and a 16-year-old girl, police said....Austin police are now working with international law enforcement agencies to extradite Wilson back to Travis County for prosecution....Security cameras recorded Wilson and the victim using the hotel's valet service at about 8:30 p.m. [They] then took an elevator to the seventh floor and entered a room, where the victim said they had sex, according to the affidavit. Wilson then paid her $500 in cash, authorities said.They were recorded leaving the elevator at about 9:20 p.m. According to the affidavit, Wilson dropped off the victim at a Whataburger on West Slaughter Lane....Officer added investigators said that if anyone mistook the victim's age it "would be because they think she's younger, not older than 16."After news of the charges against Wilson broke on Wednesday, many social media users openly wondered whether he had been set up in some sort of sting operation. Officers said there's no evidence that he was set up, but prosecutors will investigate that possibility....

So she looks even younger than 16; he paid her $500 for 50 minutes; and he dropped her off at a Whatabuger afterwards. That's class.If someone put a 16-year-old girl who looks even younger than 16 up to having sex for a possible sting operation, that's all kinds of felony, too.

"They think she's younger" How would he know? Doesn't she have to be 18 to be on that site and what is she doing on that site in the first place and lying about her age?

Looks like consentual sex with a prostitute to me and a setup. She pretty much admitted to setting him up when she said she looked up online who he was.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 4, 2018 at 11:28 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 4, 2018 at 11:28 PM - No reason given

For god sakes, if I was single and wanted to, I could easily pic up a girl for a one night stand at a bar. Cody would no doubt be able to do it too. Idiot!

As the saying goes, you don't pay a prostitute for sex. You pay her to go away afterwards. ;)

I would generally say wait for the facts and the trial, but why did he flee to Taiwan and force the government to extradite him?

There are rumors that he was tipped off and flew to Taiwan, but apparently, he also flies there quite regularly for business so it might be coincidence, but it certainly does not look good that he 'missed' his return flight to the US. That said Taiwan does not have a formal extradition treaty with the US.

As far as "missing" the US flight, I wouldn't want to get nabbed cold by customs upon return.

I would get a lawyer and have the arrangements for return and responding to the warrant (and bail arranged) ready before hopping on a plane back.

The lawyer would be REQUIRED to be waiting for me...

The difference between voluntarily reporting in to face the charges, or being arrested.

As to leaving in the first place, he could have had a commitment of some type, and was uncharged at the time he traveled.

BESIDES having a habit of jaunting off to far away places.

As I piece together different statements all attributed to Commander Troy Officer of the Austin Police Department by different media outlets

the security surveillance footage tends to corroborate the acusation. which is a second degree felony.

No, I don't expect him to be at the GRPC speaking on Saturday, and as a personal note, we don't need that type of media distraction.

I know it is "innocent until proven guilty", but there is a difference between in jail and publicly embracing someone so convincingly under a dark media cloud.

I no longer believe any of these "sex assault" claims anymore. They're used far too frequently as a political tool or to ruin someone.

They're doing it to Kavanaugh right now and before that there was Roy Moore and Trump (remember the 13 women who came out of the woodwork all of a sudden).

Did you forget Bill Clinton?

I no longer believe any of these "sex assault" claims anymore. They're used far too frequently as a political tool or to ruin someone.

They're doing it to Kavanaugh right now and before that there was Roy Moore and Trump (remember the 13 women who came out of the woodwork all of a sudden).

Did you forget Bill Clinton?

I remember Bill Clinton got disbarred and had to pay Paula Jones $ 850,000 !!!

No, I don't expect him to be at the GRPC speaking on Saturday, and as a personal note, we don't need that type of media distract.

Maybe they can you find a nice Russian agent to replace him.....lol

Wrong gun group. This is sponsored by the second ammendment foundation. You'd know that if you clicked on the banner at the top right ;)

This whole situation is messed up beyond belief. If Wilson didn't know that she was under 18, and she misrepresented herself, then he has at least a shot at a viable defense, and she should be prosecuted for breaking the law and misrepresenting herself as a legal adult.

However, Wilson is an idiot for paying for sex was stupid, regardless of the fact that prohibitions on sex work are violations of natural rights and likely the 4th and 14th Amendments, despite what the 9th Circuit Court ruled in ESPLERP v Gascon, because Lawrence v. Texas should have decided that sex between consenting adults (regardless if it is paid for) is not the government's business. I know he's an anarchist, and believes that personal freedom is sacrosanct and outside of the government's purview to limit, but he's dug himself into a hole here, unless he plans to mount another challenge against stupid government restrictions, such as when even one of the Ninth Circuit panel members noted the stretch that it's “illegal to sell something that’s legal to give away." In that light, the moralistic idiocy of making prostitution illegal between consenting adults is unequivocal.

That being said, Wilson is in a lot of trouble, and that's unfortunately going to detract from the vital 1st Amendment and 2nd Amendment case that he was involved in.

Seems a lot of folks here are making an awful lot of assumptions. The media is presenting this as a done deal, while clearly seeing him as a mortal enemy for his 3-D printed gun involvement. I think we would all be better off waiting until ALL the facts are out before assuming he is a lowlife and guilty as charged.

FWIW, a very long time ago when I was 19 I met a girl who told me she went to a nearby college and was an 18 year old freshman. We dated and had a significant relationship (enough said) and after being with her about 2 months I discovered that she was only 15. I was working part time where someone else who worked at the same place said to me arent you a bit old to be dating my sister?. When I said I was 19 and she is 18, and that seems fine to me, he responded by telling me she was a high school sophomore and only 15. Turns out he was telling the truth. I stopped dating her and kept my fingers crossed that nothing more would come of it, since the age of consent was 16. It can happen to anyone.

Archived