UPDATE 1/1/13 NEW Developments

Tvandermyde

Rather than continuously fighting these bad bills, I think it's time to focus on removing these people from office. At least get the ball rolling to do so. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the legalities of such a thing, but I'd love to help in any effort to accomplish it

The problem is every 10 years the Democratic party by default gets to redraw the districts. To keep seats safley dem my state senate district is shaped kind of like the whole state of NY and includes a large part of Waukegan.

Most of the towns in ny dist are middle or upper class and thus as different from Waukegan as it gets.

The dems also have a 3 to 1 money advantage, and that is just the party campaign funds...not even counting the union money, which is significant. To get anything done in this state, we have to engage the democrats. I just wish they would stand up and demand a downstate or suburban leader. Of course, since madigan controls those rather large purse strings, fuggedaboutit.

Todd. Just wondering. I'm an hour from Springfield. I would love to experience the debate and vote first hand. Would it be feasible for me to attend?

The Capital is open to the public. And yes, you can watch debate from the gallery. But if you intend to make the trip, what would be immensely helpful, would be for you to speak face to face with your Representative and your Senator! Tell them you just drove an hour to tell them how important this is to you! Tell them you expect them to oppose these anti-gun bills and to protect the Constitution - not violate it!

That's the strongest statement a citizen can make to their elected politicians. You do know who these people are - don't you?

I sent this off to the Ottawa Times. they have always been very supportive of the 2nd Amendment. EVERYONE needs to send a Letter to the Editor of their locakl paper:

An open letter to the Illinois General Assembly

Ladies and Gentlemen;

Under the leadership of President of the Senate and at the direction of the Chicago machine, you have apparently declared war on the US Constitution and in particular the 2nd Amendment.

Really? With the mess this State is in under your collective tutelage, you want me to surrender my guns? You can’t pay the bills or honor promises made to State employee retirees. You can’t even police your own members. How many have been indicted this year? How many of your members are in jail or out on parole?

I am a retired Police Chief and also a retired Senior NCO of the United States Army. I served in combat in Vietnam for almost three years. I was awarded 43 combat valor awards including the Purple Heart.

My Father was a ball turret gunner on a B-24 bomber over Europe during World War II. My family’s service to this country goes back all the way to my great-great-great grandfather who served in the 1st North Carolina Regiment in the Revolutionary War.

But, because I have never done anything but serve my country, you are going to try to pass laws that will make me a felon? My family can give you reams of lessons that we have learned on how important that Constitution really it is and how important it is to safeguard it.

You want to make me a criminal by passing a law that will forbid my God given right to self-defense from criminals or a tyrannical government?

You need to either step up and stop Cullerton’s Bill and anything else that Governor Quinn comes up with and start doing the work we pay you to do.

Back off now or face the consequences of an enraged populace.

I am an American by birthright and I have honored my Oath to preserve and protect the Constitution for my entire adult life. My Oath to protect the Constitution is very similar to the same one you took. The difference is I believed in and have lived my Oath to the Country. You, on the other hand have just paid lip service to it. I hold each and every one of you that would support a Bill like this in disgust and utter contempt.

James “Bud” Harton

Wow, and I own one of your guns, I think it just became a collectable! :thumbsup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I sent this off to the Ottawa Times. they have always been very supportive of the 2nd Amendment. EVERYONE needs to send a Letter to the Editor of their locakl paper:

An open letter to the Illinois General Assembly

Ladies and Gentlemen;

Under the leadership of President of the Senate and at the direction of the Chicago machine, you have apparently declared war on the US Constitution and in particular the 2nd Amendment.

Really? With the mess this State is in under your collective tutelage, you want me to surrender my guns? You can’t pay the bills or honor promises made to State employee retirees. You can’t even police your own members. How many have been indicted this year? How many of your members are in jail or out on parole?

I am a retired Police Chief and also a retired Senior NCO of the United States Army. I served in combat in Vietnam for almost three years. I was awarded 43 combat valor awards including the Purple Heart.

My Father was a ball turret gunner on a B-24 bomber over Europe during World War II. My family’s service to this country goes back all the way to my great-great-great grandfather who served in the 1st North Carolina Regiment in the Revolutionary War.

But, because I have never done anything but serve my country, you are going to try to pass laws that will make me a felon? My family can give you reams of lessons that we have learned on how important that Constitution really it is and how important it is to safeguard it.

You want to make me a criminal by passing a law that will forbid my God given right to self-defense from criminals or a tyrannical government?

You need to either step up and stop Cullerton’s Bill and anything else that Governor Quinn comes up with and start doing the work we pay you to do.

Back off now or face the consequences of an enraged populace.

I am an American by birthright and I have honored my Oath to preserve and protect the Constitution for my entire adult life. My Oath to protect the Constitution is very similar to the same one you took. The difference is I believed in and have lived my Oath to the Country. You, on the other hand have just paid lip service to it. I hold each and every one of you that would support a Bill like this in disgust and utter contempt.

James “Bud” Harton

Wow, and I own one of your guns, I think it just became a collectable! :thumbsup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

His guns were lost during a tragic boating accident ! Quit spreading lies.

With all this Democrat BS at both the state and national level, I just want to make this perfectly clear....

We ARE discussing the Quinn gun ban and not the Feinstein gun ban - is that right?

Yes Buzz, this is at the State level compliments of John Cullerton, President of the STATE Senate. We need to flood his office as well as the office of every STATE SENATOR with calls opposing this move. Bill numbers will be posted here when they are confirmed and positional papers will be posted in a separate thread when they become available. Our goal is to keep Cullerton's Springfield office so busy answering the phone that they can't do much else. The phone number there is: (217) 782-2728. He's a legislative leader, thus has responsibility to all Illinoisians. Call him even though you are not one of his constituents. The line may be busy, but continue to call until you get through. Please call repeatedly. We need to get the message to them.

Tim

I was thinking, what we need to do to put more pressure on our opponents is pick out some of their most cherished bills that aren't gun related and use our political force to work against them, openly, so long as they keep throwing these anti-gun bills out. If all we do is retaliate and try to stop them, there's really no pain in it for them, but if we work against some of their pet projects, perhaps we can actually get them to quiet down. If they stand down, then so will we. The best defense is a good offense.

I just got thru to Cullertons office. Actually the lady I spoke to was pretty nice and polite.

Please guys and gals, be polite, concise and nice to the person answering the phone. They are just doing their job and trying to do it well. They are all very helpful and good to talk to. Don't badger them and go into detail. They're keeping a list of opposed/support and will report that to their boss.

The Security at the Capitol brags on us when we're there. Let's earn the same reputation when we call.

Tim

1. I just got off the phone with Cullertons office, the Secretary took mine and 30 of my employees names down. I told her we are respectivley telling him to vote NO against any gun legislation that violated our 2A

Great! Now give your employees 30 seconds to call the office themselves. We want the phones there to melt.

I just called my former anti Senator and told him he really cant afford to have more productive tax paying people like me leaving Illinois, friends and family have been alerted...

As a Realtor, I'm using this angle as well. I have already helped families move to TN, AR, and WI with more people that I meet voicing intentions to follow suit.

Archived