Photo

Attorney General Candidate Robbed At Gunpoint

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 chislinger

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

A candidate running for Illinois attorney general was robbed at gunpoint while he was taking promotional photos for his campaign Thursday afternoon in the northwest Chicago ward where hes also the Democratic committeeman, according to his campaign manager and authorities.

Aaron Goldstein, 42, and several members of his campaign team were in the middle of taking publicity shots when the robbery happened, according to Goldsteins campaign manager. The robbery took place about 3:25 p.m. in the 4600 block of North Albany Avenue in Albany Park, when three men in their early 20s approached them, according to a law-enforcement source. One of the men flashed a handgun and demanded the camera equipment and other personal belongings from the team, according to police.

The gunman and two other men robbed Goldstein and four others of camera equipment and their cellphones before they ran away, the law enforcement source said. As of Thursday evening, no one was in custody, police said.

Police described the three suspects as between 20 and 24 years old. They did not release a detailed description of the suspects.

Campaign manager Robert Murphy, who was not with the team during the incident, said Goldstein, Democratic ward committeeman for the 33rd Ward and a resident of Albany Park, was taking promotional images for the campaign with an in-the-neighborhood kind of message.

Goldstein and the others werent harmed in the robbery, and they were later assured by police that the robbery wasnt a targeted act, Murphy said.

http://www.sj-r.com/...oint-in-chicago

I'd laugh at the irony except this happened 2 blocks from my house.
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#2 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

You don’t say? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#3 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 12,565 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Duplicate thread.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users