Pack-n-Go concealed carry trip planner

mack69

I was helping a family member plan a trip across country and remembered the Pack-n-Go travel site which was very helpful in showing what states honor what permits etc while travelling.

Of course all this kind of information requires the firearm owning traveler to verify information is up to date and current.Since we are heading into a heavy travel season with Thanksgiving and Christmas on the way I thought it would be a good thing to post.

Go safely all...

The link for Pack-n-Go is below:

Pack-n-Go

Warning. Careful. Pack n go may not give you correct information. For instance, pack n go says that Mississippi recognizes Pennsylvania, although Mississippi does not recognize the Pennsylvania license.

Good advise. I like the trip planner, problem is they are slow in updating it. They used to have a forum and I was a moderator. The site changed hands and they dropped the forum and like I said are slow in updating. It is a nice idea, you can even enter multiple LTC that you have when you start on the trip planner.

It is interesting that when you use the Pack-n-go to trip plan and enter Pa LTC it says that Mississippi does recognize Pa. You can go to the legal section of www.carryconcealed.net or click on state information on Mississippi when the information comes up on which states recognize or do not recognize your LTC and you are told it does not recognize Pa. I told them about mistakes like this when I was a moderator, they don't seem to fix things. It's a shame this would be a great tool if they kept it current. I guess one nice thing is if you use it you have the links to each states legal page. So if you use it click on each state and check to make sure the information is right.

• 1 year later...

ok i know this is way old but i was going though the stickies... i wouldnt trust that site...

1. Illinois (Your Starting State)

This State DOES NOT Honor Your CCW Permit.

Illinois IS an Open Carry State. Rural Open Carry. Open Carry Generally Allowed in Non-Incorporated Areas. See www.opencarry.org.

For more information visit Illinois's State CCW Legal page

ok i know this is way old but i was going though the stickies... i wouldnt trust that site...

Illinois IS an Open Carry State. Rural Open Carry. Open Carry Generally Allowed in Non-Incorporated Areas. See www.opencarry.org.

Agreed they need to strike "open carry generally allowed...." and replace it with the statutes of HB 182.

The trip planner is a neat tool too bad it isn't kept up to date. They are quoting what was on www.opencarry.org quite a while back, well over a year, maybe a couple years since they changed that recommendation on opencarry.org to non-permissive open carry state.

I'm editting this it seems to be up to date and correct now at least all info on my Utah non-resident when I plugged it in on a pretend trip. It says Mississippi does not recognize a Pa non-resident LTC now.

• 3 weeks later...

not sure how up to date this site is: http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

but it seems to be a bit more so than pack-n-go

also has some useful information in requirements to get a CCW permit (specifically which states isue to non-residents)

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Archived