Under the new laws can you lose your gun rights with just an accusation?

To be accused then punished immediately as if convicted has beed a serious problem for a long time with our legal system. There should be a much higher standard than an accusation. Even then the state should pay for all your legal defense.

Our legal system is based on innocent until proven guilty. This law says you are guilty until proven innocent. Allegation is not evidence and anyone can make an allegation. This law goes against the legal system and the Constitution and is hard to believe how it became law.

I'm not surprised this became law. This is just another way to attack ALL law abiding gun owners. the plan is to make owning firearms so inconvenient, costly, or shameful that we just give up and get rid of them. look at the proposed legislation right now.... want LEO reading your social media ? that may be embarrassing . CCL costs a lot for the license and classes so many on a budget may not be able to afford this Constitutional right. the ISP is doing great job jerking everyone around with ridiculous wait times for a renewal of a FOID or CCL and even have a phone number nobody answers. how about the semi auto ban bill ? better get rid of those guns while you can or you go to prison ( real criminals get probation ). this red flag garbage is just for you guys and gals that may have a bitter ex, goofy family member who doesn't like you ( who doesn't ? ), or ???. Now you have to wonder and maybe worry you'll get a knock on the door and surprise !!! you get to sit in a police car while the cops scoop up your stuff. that'll look good won't it ? the neighbors looking out the windows as the cops walk out of your house carrying your firearms and you're sitting in a police car probably cuffed. those are things law abiding respectable people wish to avoid and that's why the ILGA is doing this, it's too get you to voluntarily give up your rights.

i am not real good at wording things but if i was i would say it exactly as you did.PERFECT.

When anyone takes out an Order of Protection against you it's scheduled to go before a judge 3 weeks later.

BUT 72 hours after the OP was filed the Illinois State Police sends you a letter stating that you must provide the make, model, and serial number of all of your firearms, you must send in your FOID card with that list to the ISP and the name, address, DOB, and FOID card holder of the person you are transferring your firearms to until the OP is over with which is two years later.

This is 2 1/2 weeks before seeing a judge about the OP

If you get the OP dropped then you have to notify the ISP with court signed proof that it was dropped to get your FOID back and your firearms back from the person you transferred them to.

So an OP taken out by anyone even it is not a legitimate reason is the same as an accusation.

I know for a fact!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived