Glock 48

luckydawg13

The Shield Arms magazines by all reports, besides a VERY minor issue with the 1st batch seem to be good to go.

IMO its a game changer; you can have a gun that is thinner and lighter than the Glock 17 (Glock 48) with the same capacity. The downside is the greater felt recoil and the fact it heats up quite a bit faster than a 19 when shooting tons of rounds, beyond that the gun is good to go.

I have 2 mags on order for my 43X and plan on getting a 48 eventually. Shield Arms is also supposedly working on a 10 round flush fit mag for the Glock 43.

They need to come up with a Glock 49, which would be the single-stack .40 S&W, and the Glock 50, a single-stack 10mm. Those would be amazing!

Single Stack 10MM Glock seems to be confirmed, supposed to have an 8 round capacity. All other details are TBD. I hope its Glock 19 sized or else recoil is gonna be wicked.

They need to come up with a Glock 49, which would be the single-stack .40 S&W, and the Glock 50, a single-stack 10mm. Those would be amazing!

Single Stack 10MM Glock seems to be confirmed, supposed to have an 8 round capacity. All other details are TBD. I hope its Glock 19 sized or else recoil is gonna be wicked.

ylsy6q9xsr941.jpg

Apparently so!

I have a G48 and just purchased a G43 here on the board. Swapping slides between them gives me a G48, G43X, G43 and G43L. My G48 has been as reliable as my G19s though I have considerably fewer rounds though it. (~800 rounds) I did swap some Ameriglo i-dots for a G43 onto it and feel like the POI is about 3 inches high of POA at 30' now. I noticed Ameriglo does not list compatible sights for the G48. I'll have to call them at some point and find out what the skinny is.

I trust the G48 enough to carry. When the Shield mags are readily available and the teething issues have been sorted I'll buy a 3 pack + al mag release. Assuming they come out and work okay I'll grab a few for the G43 as well. It would be nice to see Glock make their own all-metal, higher capacity mags but I'm not holding my breath.

WHAT PERMANENTLY out of stock

Shield Arms' 15 round, flush fit magazines for the G48 and G43X... They give you the same capacity as a G19 in the much slimmer package.

They took another round of orders last week; I got my (2) mags and a catch. Lead-Time is supposed to be about 1 working week so hopefully I have them by mid next week.

43X is really a fun gun although a bit snappy; I need to swap out the "rubberized" talon grips I have on them for the more skate-board tape pattern and it should be good to go.

Not sure I like the feel AND look of an extended mag.

But each person will make up their own minds.

I dont believe they can seat solid enough to not move while in my hand, and they dont.

And why do people buy a gun all raving about it but then immediately start changing it?

Here:

attachicon.gif82799FEC-1E09-495D-8CB9-8377BA72258D.jpeg

These are not extended mags. They are flush fit, all metal, double stack mags that hold 15 rounds in the same form factor as the factory, plastic-over-metal, 10 round semi-stacked mags... 50% increase in capacity for the same sized mag. Like anything in demand, I suspect they're going to be in and out of stock for quite a while.

Shield Arms is also supposedly working on a 10 round flush fit mag for the Glock 43.

I have been anxiously awaiting these since I first heard the announcement. I have a G43 that I have debated selling since I got my P365s, but I will probably keep it if the G43 magazines become reality by summer.

WHAT PERMANENTLY out of stock

Are you on their email list? Last week they announced they were taking orders, it sounded like they were caught up to within a week of fulfilling back orders.

no I'm not on their mailing list and still just looking at one just wanted to know what was available and being used so when I do decide i can jump in with both feet

My 2 shield arms magazines and metal mag release arrived today. I swapped the mag release and Im off to the range tomorrow to put several hundred rounds through the gun and mags. Shield Arms recommends swapping the plastic mag release for a metal one, which was easy enough for me to do. Mags drop freely (I guess some had problems with that) and I cant wait to try them out.

Just finished at the range and put 400 rounds (200 each) through the two magazines I bought and they were flawless. No hiccups at all. I shot ball ammo, hornady critical defense and Federal HST. Mags fell out easily and it was a pleasure to shoot. I think I just found my perfect EDC. The Sig 365 and Hellcat are just too small for me, while the 43x fits my hand so well and holds the same amount of ammo as my Glock 19. These mags were worth their price! I wonder if Glock will try to make their own version of these??

post-10798-0-44416400-1582929048_thumb.jpeg

I just saw that NDZ now is selling +2 extensions for the 43x/48 for those who donât want to wait for Shield Arms magazines, or who just want other options.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/Glock-48-43X-9MM-Magazine-Floor-Base-Plate-s/18597.htm

Archived