Kavanaugh vote today

THE KING

A couple of the potential d votes have already stated they are a no. Flake is a no without investigation and the Arkansas senator as well. The 2 undecided R's are likely to side with Flake so their is 4 R votes. Munchin wouldn't even need to vote at that point and run on he neither voted for or against.

Just to clarify, I believe you are referencing Lisa Murkowski - R Alaska...not the Arkansas senator. Alaska's letter code is AK where as Arkansas is AR.

https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status/1045742728443760640?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Might have been a typo on the news then, it was Definitely AR. Things are happening so fast I can see it happening.

Mark Judge willing to speak confidentially now.

Sen. Kennedy has stated they have reached an accord on how to proceed with Kavanaugh's nomination but no details yet.

To be honest, Kavanaugh should have never been nominated. The whole Garland issue aside (Garland should be on, and this should be Gorsuch up for nomination)....Kavanaugh was never on the original, pre-vetted list, so we should not even be talking about him.

Not only was Kavanuagh not on the original list, but McConnel tried to tell Trump that Kavanaugh would be difficult to get through because of his paper trial. And instead of taking the time to fully vet the paper trail, Kavanaugh was rushed through with the highly unusual Bill Burke ordeal.

Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, told President Trump this past week that Judges Raymond M. Kethledge and Thomas M. Hardiman presented the fewest obvious obstacles to being confirmed to replace Justice Anthony M. Kennedy on the Supreme Court, according to Republican officials briefed on the conversation.

While careful not to directly make the case for any would-be justice, Mr. McConnell made clear in multiple phone calls with Mr. Trump and the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, that the lengthy paper trail of another top contender, Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, would pose difficulties for his confirmation.

Mr. McConnell is concerned about the volume of the documents that Judge Kavanaugh has created in his 12 years on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, as well as in his roles as White House staff secretary under President George W. Bush and assistant to Kenneth W. Starr, the independent counsel who investigated President Bill Clinton.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/us/politics/trump-mcconnell-supreme-court.html

This is my theory.

I don't think the sexual assault issue was part of the original plan. I bet the goal for the left was to delay and sink him through his paper trial. But because vetting was was basically bypassed and outsourced, this became the "break glass" option. I don't want to see someone's life destroyed over the time they ALMOST went too far while drunk in high-school......37 years ago. While not right, he probably does not even fully remember it....or remembers it differently.

If Kavanaugh fails, the only person to blame will be Trump. Again, Kavanaugh wasn't on the original list, and the paper trial on him is really long....why push this particular person through?

Personally, I think Dr. Ford's testimony was truthful. I also believe Judge Kavanaugh is truthful in stating the man he is today, however I don't feel he has been as truthful regarding the boy he was at age 15. That Said, something that happened 36 years ago shouldn't affect your life today, if you have been 100 percent honest and truthful in your testimony. It's the "Lie" that will get you.

Agree 100%.

There is NO way that all of his statements were true. I found his defense of illegal underage drinking undeniably false, his claim that "Renate alumni" meant that he was "her friend", and that his peers making fun of him for throwing up were due to his "weak stomach". Those statements rang very false to me.

If he had simply said: "I was sometimes a bad kid, and I did some dumb things, but I am a different person now", I would have supported him 100%, but his choice of defense is why I don't think he should be nominated. He wasn't the saint he's pretending he was, and I don't think anyone who heard the testimony truly believes that he was.

Personally, I think Dr. Ford's testimony was truthful. I also believe Judge Kavanaugh is truthful in stating the man he is today, however I don't feel he has been as truthful regarding the boy he was at age 15. That Said, something that happened 36 years ago shouldn't affect your life today, if you have been 100 percent honest and truthful in your testimony. It's the "Lie" that will get you.

Agree 100%.

There is NO way that all of his statements were true. I found his defense of illegal underage drinking undeniably false, his claim that "Renate alumni" meant that he was "her friend", and that his peers making fun of him for throwing up were due to his "weak stomach". Those statements rang very false to me.

If he had simply said: "I was sometimes a bad kid, and I did some dumb things, but I am a different person now", I would have supported him 100%, but his choice of defense is why I don't think he should be nominated. He wasn't the saint he's pretending he was, and I don't think anyone who heard the testimony truly believes that he was.

It’s called lying under oath, the definitions of the terms boofed and Devil’s Triangle don’t mean fart and a drinking game.

Agree 100%.

It’s called lying under oath, the definitions of the terms boofed and Devil’s Triangle don’t mean fart and a drinking game.

Correct on those things as well, I forgot about Devil's Triangle. Since this is a family-friendly forum, I'll let people look that one up on their own.

Yeah, the whole "boof" and "Devil's triangle lie" was a pretty stupid lie. No one believes that...especially if the guy was later part of the "txxs and cxxxs" club, coupled with some of the explicit stuff he wanted to ask Clinton. He seems a bit like a horn dog. I have no issue with that (and I did a LOT of dumb stuff in HS and college).....but own up to it instead of trying to play choir boy.

You really hate to have to call perjury on that time of silliness....but come on dude....don't lie to my face under oath.

I recently read an article about how W handled his past issues on the campaign trail. When asked about his drinking and coke use....he said something like..."When I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible". Bluntly own up to it, move on, and let the chips fall where they may.

ROFLMAO, so we have people here, and across the country, including the Senate that believe because relatively recent entries (as in this millennia) in the ultimately credible "Urban Dictionary" COULD NEVER have meant something different in 1982 vernacular, let alone 1982 certain locality vernacular ROFLMAO. Talk about non objective stupidity. EVEN if Devils Triangle and Boof mean what is stated in today's vernacular, it is even most likely to have been something else 40 years ago. Crap knockers, vernacular we used in the western burbs in 77-81, when I went to HS, means completely different things today. Oh lordy that's rich.

ROFLMAO, so we have people here, and across the country, including the Senate that believe because relatively recent entries (as in this millennia) in the ultimately credible "Urban Dictionary" COULD NEVER have meant something different in 1982 vernacular, let alone 1982 certain locality vernacular ROFLMAO. Talk about non objective stupidity. EVEN if Devils Triangle and Boof mean what is stated in today's vernacular, it is even most likely to have been something else 40 years ago. Crap knockers, vernacular we used in the western burbs in 77-81, when I went to HS, means completely different things today. Oh lordy that's rich.

I was alive in 1982, and I know what Devil's Triangle, boof, and stating that you were the "alumni" of a girl meant. I don't need to look on the internet to know what the meanings of these terms was back then.

Exactly, when I was in HS 73-77 Devil's triangle was where we rode dirt bikes

I was alive in 1982, and I know what Devil's Triangle, boof, and stating that you were the "alumni" of a girl meant. I don't need to look on the internet to know what the meanings of these terms was back then.

I was 19 then, and they didn't mean what you say they did, back then sorry. In fact we had a 3 glass quarters game, and SOME kids did call it Devils Triangle in College, as well as Bermuda Triangle (More common name in my circle). We had a variation of Boof, a Boofer, that did in fact mean a room clearing fart. Never used or heard of the term Alumni of a girl at all.

But you keep trying to find reasons to support your irrational bias.

The context of the entries in the year book are hard to align with his explanations, at least when I look through at this through the eyes of someone in HS.

Renate Aluminus means good friends? Seems odd to have just that one person in a yearbook (along with other members of the football team)....especially since she went to a different school. And since when did Alumni mean good friends?

A random entry that basically says "Quarters"?

Hey Mark, have you "farted" yet?

It is possible....just seems odd.

None of this is serious stuff.....it just feels....untrue.

Varsity Football 3, 4; J. V. Football 2; Freshman Football 1; Varsity Basketball 3, 4 (Captain); Frosh Basketball (Captain); J. V. Basketball (Captain); Varsity Spring Track 3; Little Hoya 3, 4 Landon Rocks and Bowling Alley Assault — What a Night; Georgetown vs. Louisville — Who Won That Game Anyway?; Extinguisher; Summer of ’82 — Total Spins (Rehobeth 10, 9...); Orioles vs. Red Sox — Who Won, Anyway?; Keg City Club (Treasurer) — 100 Kegs or Bust; [redacted] — I Survived the FFFFFFFourth of July; Renate Alumnius; Malibu Fan Club; Ow, Neatness 2, 3; Devil’s Triangle; Down Geezer, Easy, Spike, How ya’ doin’, Errr Ah; Rehobeth Police Fan Club (with Shorty); St. Michael’s...This is a Whack; [redacted] Fan Club; Judge — Have You Boofed Yet?; Beach Week Ralph Club — Biggest Contributor; [redacted] — Tainted Whack; [redacted]; Beach Week 3-107th Street; Those Prep Guys are the Biggest...; GONZAGA YOU’RE LUCKY.

The context of the entries in the year book are hard to align with his explanations, at least when I look through at this through the eyes of someone in HS.

Renate Aluminus means good friends? Seems odd to have just that one person in a yearbook (along with other members of the football team)....especially since she went to a different school. And since when did Alumni mean good friends?

A random entry that basically says "Quarters"?

Hey Mark, have you "farted" yet?

It is possible....just seems odd.

None of this is serious stuff.....it just feels....untrue.

Varsity Football 3, 4; J. V. Football 2; Freshman Football 1; Varsity Basketball 3, 4 (Captain); Frosh Basketball (Captain); J. V. Basketball (Captain); Varsity Spring Track 3; Little Hoya 3, 4 Landon Rocks and Bowling Alley Assault — What a Night; Georgetown vs. Louisville — Who Won That Game Anyway?; Extinguisher; Summer of ’82 — Total Spins (Rehobeth 10, 9...); Orioles vs. Red Sox — Who Won, Anyway?; Keg City Club (Treasurer) — 100 Kegs or Bust; [redacted] — I Survived the FFFFFFFourth of July; Renate Alumnius; Malibu Fan Club; Ow, Neatness 2, 3; Devil’s Triangle; Down Geezer, Easy, Spike, How ya’ doin’, Errr Ah; Rehobeth Police Fan Club (with Shorty); St. Michael’s...This is a Whack; [redacted] Fan Club; Judge — Have You Boofed Yet?; Beach Week Ralph Club — Biggest Contributor; [redacted] — Tainted Whack; [redacted]; Beach Week 3-107th Street; Those Prep Guys are the Biggest...; GONZAGA YOU’RE LUCKY.

So you went to a wealthy Catholic Prep school in the DC area, in the early 80s? THen it is natural to sound off. Different eras, have different vernacular, different social levels in the same era have different, different locales do, different H.S. in an area do, etc. etc.

I read my HS similar entry in my yearbook, and I had to think hard why I put a few stupid statements in there.

CNN stating they will vote tomorrow on proceeding with the Kavanaugh nomination and allowing an additional background investigation for up to 1 week.

That's the best decision in this case. Hopefully one week is enough time to complete a fact finding investigation. This whole thing is another "black eye" to America.. all the way up to, and including a sitting US President with several allegations of sexual assaults and affairs of his own!! Very distrubing times.

Wow, lot's of trolling going on.

Surprised this has not been mentioned: A man can either drink or have sex, he can't do both (at least properly) at the same time. There are terms for this that I won't mention here. Per Ford's testimony, Kavanaugh was so drunk he was bouncing off the wall. Can any of you guys (trolls included) be that drunk and have sex?

Surprised this has not been mentioned: A man can either drink or have sex, he can't do both (at least properly) at the same time. There are terms for this that I won't mention here. Per Ford's testimony, Kavanaugh was so drunk he was bouncing off the wall. Can any of you guys (trolls included) be that drunk and have sex?

You call a difference of opinion trolling?

So you went to a wealthy Catholic Prep school in the DC area, in the early 80s? THen it is natural to sound off. Different eras, have different vernacular, different social levels in the same era have different, different locales do, different H.S. in an area do, etc. etc.

I read my HS similar entry in my yearbook, and I had to think hard why I put a few stupid statements in there.

I did not...although some slang is simply slang...regardless of area.

It is possible that he is being honest, it just seems improbable that every "questionable" phrase has some mundane answer given the context and the drinking.

Beach Week Ralph Club is because he has a weak stomach when it comes to spicy food? Sure.....

This is all dumb crap. I don't want to go through an old year book to analyze every phrase....but I feel like he is trying to white-wash what he can.

I still go back to wondering why he was nominated in the first place.

I did not...although some slang is simply slang...regardless of area.

It is possible that he is being honest, it just seems improbable that every "questionable" phrase has some mundane answer given the context and the drinking.

Beach Week Ralph Club is because he has a weak stomach when it comes to spicy food? Sure.....

This is all dumb crap. I don't want to go through an old year book to analyze every phrase....but I feel like he is trying to white-wash what he can.

I still go back to wondering why he was nominated in the first place.

Why? Because these crazy, self-serving hypocrites will destroy him over stupid, high school crap that THEY did themselves, in order to keep control of their Judicial-Legislative Branch of government! It's also hypocritical because if he were a left wing judge of color, even with CORROBORATED allegations, they and their media pals would be going on and on about how that wonderful, compassionate jurist had turned his life around and wants to give back by helping others through "service" on the SCOTUS. The insane left went crazy about "old white men" questioning two white individuals over things that had NOTHING to do with race; please, explain that to me in rational terms.

You call a difference of opinion trolling?

When one builds a reputation of baiting and trolling, it's really hard to tell when one is or isn't.

The judge has been investigated by the FBI 6 times for various jobs latest being the supreme court. He has (or had) a pretty high clearance to work in the White house and other jobs. I can guarantee that IF ANYTHING close to what has been accused would have turned up during this process. I held a high DOE Clearance for 29 years and know what kind of scrutiny they give you! This is why the FBI said it was a nothingburger and they wouldn't need to do it.

I think Ford might have been attacked in her younger years but I don't think it was by the Judge. I would like to know what kind of counseling she went through and if regressed memory recovery was part of it. It has been proven that they can implant false memories during this process.

As far as the Judge drinking as a teen, that is normal I hate to say. Does not make him bad. I actually think he was very controlled. I would have been jumping over that table and seeing how far I could but my boot up someones butt!

Why? Because these crazy, self-serving hypocrites will destroy him over stupid, high school crap that THEY did themselves, in order to keep control of their Judicial-Legislative Branch of government...

Perhaps I am naive... I think the vast majority of young men do not do such alleged things. I wouldn't characterize it as stupid high school crap.

Won't happen this way, but would be great.

FBI does their investigation and McConnell declares a floor vote will happen immediately. The Dems start screaming how the FBI cannot be trusted and they don't reach conclusions(as was said to them multiple times, past amd present) and they did not give a fair investigation. Trump tells them they are right, fires Rosenstein ends the collusion probe and they go to the floor and confirm Kavanaugh.

I cannot see this going anywhere truthfully, they had just did a full background check on him and were given this allegation. Were not concdrned about it and did not reopen it.

Seen Todd post on Facebook that Ford's lawyers are now trying to set stipulations and asking for no time limit??

If that is the case, they have preorchestrated this whole thing. All during yesterdays testimonies one week was mentioned several times and again today even by Feinstein and Koonz and I am sure others.

Always a moving target and I guarantee it ends at Nov. 7th on their calendar when they know if it succeeded or not.

2 lame ducks and 2 more Mark Kirk's out there to deal with.

Why? Because these crazy, self-serving hypocrites will destroy him over stupid, high school crap that THEY did themselves, in order to keep control of their Judicial-Legislative Branch of government...

Perhaps I am naive... I think the vast majority of young men do not do such alleged things. I wouldn't characterize it as stupid high school crap.

Plus a Supreme Court Judge should be held to a much higher standard than any of us.

Why? Because these crazy, self-serving hypocrites will destroy him over stupid, high school crap that THEY did themselves, in order to keep control of their Judicial-Legislative Branch of government! It's also hypocritical because if he were a left wing judge of color, even with CORROBORATED allegations, they and their media pals would be going on and on about how that wonderful, compassionate jurist had turned his life around and wants to give back by helping others through "service" on the SCOTUS. The insane left went crazy about "old white men" questioning two white individuals over things that had NOTHING to do with race; please, explain that to me in rational terms.

I think the "old white men" had more to do with the optics of leadership of the Republican party.

As for the rest.

First, the idea of calling any group hypocritical is meaningless at this point. An extremely qualified justice was shrugged off and never giving a hearing or vote so that one party could keep control of the Judicial branch. That's where we are at now.

As for what he did in High School.....again, I really don't like this process. I don't want to see a career destroyed over this. I don't want to downplay assault, but this seems like he was probably drunk and too aggressive 37 years ago. He didn't rape her....but he probably went a bit too far while drunk. It was something really stupid (assuming the this is true). I don't care that he drank a lot in high school. I drank a lot in high school....college too.

We would all be better off if he was being attacked for his paper trail instead of what he almost did or didn't do in high school.

What is both sad and funny is that no one is even mentioning 60 votes anymore. I bet that if Garland would have been confirmed, Gorsuch (if he were up now) would get +60.

This is the new new.

Archived