Kroger joins Walmart in calls for gun control

steveTA84

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/03/business/kroger-open-carry/index.html?fbclid=IwAR08rZhLWsMFcSyEOF1eOpoJXY0MMhkpqx5XJAY9QkpGe3vV03gVPUqrK_U

Kroger is requesting customers no longer openly carry firearms into its stores, even in states where open carry is legal, the company announced Tuesday evening.

The announcement comes just hours after Walmart made a similar announcement. Walmart also said it would end the sales of some firearms and ammunition. Kroger stopped selling guns last year.

Kroger (KR), like Walmart (WMT), also said it would add its voice to the growing number of corporations calling on elected officials to pass gun reform laws, such as requiring stronger background checks.

Wait, Kroger sold firearms?

You mean I could walk in to buy some eggs and milk and grab a Beretta too?

As for the open carry, they were a proud supporter just a few years back with all the hubbub about carry in their stores.

Even went so far as to release a presser about how they would follow the laws of each state.

Here is the company on store policy as stated by them and currently on their web site:

https://www.thekrogerco.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Policy-Firearms-In-Stores.pdf

And this is a list of stores they own, will they enforce this across the board?

https://www.thekrogerco.com/newsroom/statements-policies/policy-firearms-in-stores-3/

It's only a request not a requirement.

We also request that you not murder people in the store. Please refrain until you leave the premises.

Yep. Just like Chipotle. I still open carry in Chipotle. Nobody has said a thing so far, not even when a police officer is in the same line as me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kroger says they quit selling guns in their stores last year. Were those actual firearms or BB guns, squirt guns or play guns.? I went to Toys R US some years back looking for a cowboy holster and play revolver and was told by a snooty employee that they didn't sell play guns.

Maybe the Krogers had a gun counter and sold mostly ammo and had firearms in a locked cabinet? I wonder if there is a convenience store somewhere that has a gun counter. That might be one that wouldn't be robbed!

Kroger says they quit selling guns in their stores last year. Were those actual firearms or BB guns, squirt guns or play guns.? I went to Toys R US some years back looking for a cowboy holster and play revolver and was told by a snooty employee that they didn't sell play guns.

Maybe the Krogers had a gun counter and sold mostly ammo and had firearms in a locked cabinet? I wonder if there is a convenience store somewhere that has a gun counter. That might be one that wouldn't be robbed!

Archived