Crossbow Age

Johnnychgo

I don't understand how that makes sense. Crossbows have much higher draw weight than regular bows.

What doesn't make sense? Crossbows usually have a device to **** load them, plus depending on how you are disabled you might not be able to pull a regular bow back.

ETA: Apparently the family filter didn't like the word I used for "making ready to fire."

So anybody can hunt with a recurve, but you have to be old enough to join AARP to use a crossbow?

oy.

In a lot of states the ONLY people who can hunt with a crossbow are those with a proven disability. Now if we could just get Illinois to allow me to use a rifle.

Todays shotguns with rifled barrels and sabot slugs, you can be accurate out to 200 yards!!

So anybody can hunt with a recurve, but you have to be old enough to join AARP to use a crossbow?

oy.

In a lot of states the ONLY people who can hunt with a crossbow are those with a proven disability. Now if we could just get Illinois to allow me to use a rifle.

Todays shotguns with rifled barrels and sabot slugs, you can be accurate out to 200 yards!!

I'll probably end up using a shotgun, and am actually looking for a 3.5" pump with a 20-22" barrel for other reasons, but I still like my Savage 110 for deer. I'd also like to have another reason to get a CZ or something chambered in 6.5x55. Oh well, maybe in the future things will change.

Archived