Chicago Mayor Lightfoot Blames Other States for Chicago’s Gun Violence Problem

kk5

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Chicago’s high gun violence rates were a result of the city “being inundated with guns from states that have virtually no gun control.”

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “President Trump said he had a great talk with you and suggested that if he had his way, he would flood the city of Chicago with federal law enforcement. I want to play some sound from him and get your reaction. Take a listen.”

In a clip, Trump said, “We could solve it. If they invited us in, we’d go in with 50,000, 75,000 people. We would be able to solve it like you wouldn’t believe and quick. But they just don’t want to ask. Maybe for political reasons, but they don’t want to ask. It’s a disgrace.”

Tapper said, “What’s your response, madame mayor?”

Lightfoot said, “That’s classic Trump hyperbole. I sent him a letter on Monday outlining the very specific things that the federal government is unqualified to help with starting with common-sense gun control. The fact of the matter is our gun problem is related to the fact that we have too many illegal guns on the street. 60% of which, 60% of which come from states outside of Illinois. We are being inundated with guns from states that have virtually no gun control, no background checks, no ban on assault weapons. That is hurting cities like Chicago. That is the thing that if the president wanted to help and the other things I identified in my letter he could do today, tomorrow, but he is not really interested in helping in that way.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/07/26/chicago-mayor-lightfoot-blames-other-states-for-chicagos-gun-violance-problem/

Still blaming and not fixing the problem. Same as last mayor.

So guns from states surrounding Illinois are the problem. Those states are furnishing handguns to residents of Illinois.

And yet those states aren’t having the problems that Chicago is having. The Wild Wild West mentality that is Chicago isn’t in those other states, why is that?

Lori, Preckwinkle, Dart, Judge Evens, Father Fakey and a boat load of the activists are in on it. Oh I forgot Ms I ain’t a Foxx.

No bail

No viable home monitoring

Reduced charges on any and every crimes committed

Probation vs real sentences

Removal of the gang data base

No street stops

Hands off to any visible crime being committed at or near a protest

COP digging into every police officers actions

Desk duty if police have any interaction with residents of Chicago

Stripped of duties if white police officer

Lawsuits against you, your family, and your pension

No tools to actually do any of the listed items which COULD be handled by police

So yeah, it’s the surrounding states causing the Chicago Illinois problems. And with the rhetoric and lawsuits already being laid out against Chicago’s very own officers, why could Lori start suing those states she is claiming are the problem with the free flow of illegal guns?

Short answer, she, they, no one has any proof of any handguns flowing out of those states and her, they anyone have not 1 videos of any transaction taking place in those states to acquire said handguns.

We are being inundated with guns from states that have virtually no gun control, no background checks, no ban on assault weapons.

So called assault weapons arent the guns being used in general. But why does no one ever call these mayors, governors and legislators out on the concept of no BG checks when purchased legally? What states are those and how does that work?

No one ever seems to notice that her argument is the guns that are so much easier to acquire in places of lower overall violence, get to Chicago and somehow cause all the violence.

If guns were truly the cause, wouldn't the places she claims they come from have more violent crime than Chicago?

Trust me, I've pointed it out. It apparently doesn't suit the agenda.

The problem is the people using those weapons. If the gang problem were ever addressed, I believe there would no longer be a "gun problem" in Chicago.

It was addressed, very effectively. Without centralized gangs the problem now is theres no turf, no large scale illegal industries, no code of the streets, etc. Just a bunch of stickup kids robbing small time drug dealers pushing pharmaceutical pills and South of the border heroine cut with Chinese fentanyl. Cartel stuff still happens, but it operates at a federal level; disappearances of those involved rather than brazen shoutouts and innocent people getting shot. Makes it harder to address because its cliques of friends and theres likely a stickup kid or small time dealer in every one. Sometimes both where the same clique goes to war with each other.

I lived in a really bad part of LA for a while and one of the nicest neighborhoods in Chicago. I felt way more unsafe in Chicago. LA the gangs wouldnt bother you because they didnt want the heat. Chicago stickup kids go to the nice neighborhoods because thats where the nice stuff is.

So guns from states surrounding Illinois are the problem. Those states are furnishing handguns to residents of Illinois.

And yet those states aren’t having the problems that Chicago is having. The Wild Wild West mentality that is Chicago isn’t in those other states, why is that?

Lori, Preckwinkle, Dart, Judge Evens, Father Fakey and a boat load of the activists are in on it. Oh I forgot Ms I ain’t a Foxx.

No bail

No viable home monitoring

Reduced charges on any and every crimes committed

Probation vs real sentences

Removal of the gang data base

No street stops

Hands off to any visible crime being committed at or near a protest

COP digging into every police officers actions

Desk duty if police have any interaction with residents of Chicago

Stripped of duties if white police officer

Lawsuits against you, your family, and your pension

No tools to actually do any of the listed items which COULD be handled by police

So yeah, it’s the surrounding states causing the Chicago Illinois problems. And with the rhetoric and lawsuits already being laid out against Chicago’s very own officers, why could Lori start suing those states she is claiming are the problem with the free flow of illegal guns?

Short answer, she, they, no one has any proof of any handguns flowing out of those states and her, they anyone have not 1 videos of any transaction taking place in those states to acquire said handguns.

You give a big list of problems that should be addressed. Maybe the next Chicago mayor will, but I won't hold my breath.

She can get away with lies because the fake news will report it as truth and not do actual reporting. Typical liberal accusing others of doing what they actually are

Yep, notice nobody asked:

What States?

Why don’t those states have gun violence problems?

Where can you buy guns (legally) without background checks?

Exactly how many shootings have there been in Chicago using “assault weapons”?

What exactly did you ask Trump for?

You know, simple follow up questions to her statements.....

It can never be the fault of their liberal utopia! How can their policies fail when their superior education(s) and moral high grounds don't work? Same problems, same policies yield the same results. The gangs can all be called out and rounded up but then lots of the voting base and $$$$ for cronies will disappear also.

Follow up questions in this day and age are mostly more gotcha rather than a continuation of topic discussion.

You can watch the old tv political talk shows, ie Dick Cavett and learn so much more about the issue and the knowledge of the guests than today.

Now you have a list of answers, a short list of answers to follow up questions and an even shorter list of deflections to end the back and forth with the ever present IFB in the ear to keep the sound bites flowing.

This is partially why politicians have so little knowledge of the constitution, the bill of rights and even current law; they are basing responses off of public sentiment and their voter base.

If / when the Dems take DC in November this is what Bug eyed Lori Lightweight expects and will receive.

Partial wish list.

The Senate Filibuster will fall.

Supreme Court packing will ensue.
Protection for gun manufacturers will be repealed.Other draconian gun laws will be passed.
National healthcare will become law.
Green new deal and massive tax increases coming.
Our borders will be thrown open to all who want to flood in.

Archived