Option to renew gone from ISP site

johnfran

I just renewed (start the process) on my FOID card last week (April 17th). When you log in, if you are up for renewal, there is a button there that you can press to go through the process of renewing. Prior to that, when I logged in, there was no option for me to renew, only change address or report card stolen.

Currently, that is the way my FCCL looks and with only those two options. My guess is that like the FOID card, there will be a trigger date to allow a person apply for a renewal. Will that be 120 days out from expiring or will it be 30 days out from expiring is the question? Since the state law has it written that your FCCL is valid even after expiration as long as you have applied and are eligible to renew, the renew could wait til the day before the license expires and apply then and still be able to legally carry.

( c ) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

Archived