under board review

Ive been under board review since 6/12/17. I keep getting letters saying the board needs another 30days. Its now October and the wait for a decision is frustrating. I have an active foid and I paid too much for my ccw class and processing fee to keep waiting. Today I reached out to an attorney. Its passed the 120 day mark and its been 60 days for the board. Its really dangerous out here and i need to protect my self, my family and others around me. I meet all the qualifications to get ccw. I understand why I have to keep waiting. Any suggestions?? Molly B please help

This is correct. They review objections throughout the month and then make the final ruling when they meet.

Exciting extra news today - the board reviewed 878 objections in September. At this rate, it's possible they could eliminate the backlog by the end of the year.

Molly what frustrates me is that I am certain that they have gotten to some of our applications (like those of us waiting over a year) yet they still do not process them.

Ive been under board review since 6/12/17. I keep getting letters saying the board needs another 30days. Its now October and the wait for a decision is frustrating. I have an active foid and I paid too much for my ccw class and processing fee to keep waiting. Today I reached out to an attorney. Its passed the 120 day mark and its been 60 days for the board. Its really dangerous out here and i need to protect my self, my family and others around me. I meet all the qualifications to get ccw. I understand why I have to keep waiting. Any suggestions?? Molly B please help

I totally understand your frustration. Lots of us on here have been waiting over a year, including myself.

This is correct. They review objections throughout the month and then make the final ruling when they meet.

Exciting extra news today - the board reviewed 878 objections in September. At this rate, it's possible they could eliminate the backlog by the end of the year.

Molly what frustrates me is that I am certain that they have gotten to some of our applications (like those of us waiting over a year) yet they still do not process them.

Yes, I am sure they have 'gotten to' a lot of objections but have felt the need to request more information from the law enforcement agency who filed the objection. There in lies the problem (aside from the fact we believe the whole objection/review board process violates the Second Amendment). The objecting agencies are taking their own sweet time to reply to the board or not responding at all, so the board has been waiting and waiting for the replies. We at IllinoisCarry maintain that this continued waiting violates the statue stating the board may request an additional 30 days - that doesn't mean 30 days plus 30 plus 30 plus . . . . on and on for years.

We hope and believe the board finally understands this and that their understanding is exhibited in the increase in number of cases reviewed each month. It will still take some time to get through the backlog but we believe this will be done.

Once an objection is filed and your app is sent to the review board, the 120 time frame is put on hold. There are folks who have waited over two years for the board to review their case but we here at IllinoisCarry have been working diligently for the same two years to put a halt to the ongoing wait. We are hopeful that we have made progress and these long waiting periods will be eliminated in the coming months.

The long wait is most likely because the review board has asked the objecting agency for more information about their objection and the board is waiting for a reply from that agency.

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly sure when it happened but my under board review status has changed back to under review.am I correct in the understanding that this means the objection was overturned?

YES! Congratulations! You should be receiving your CCL within the next 30 days . . .

I just checked the isp website again and now I'm at active status thank you for the helpful responses during the process!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know where isp is currently in review process? I appealed a little more than 11 months ago and I haven't had any notice from isp since the original mail about the rejection of application after my 120 days. I see some have had 30 day messages what is that about? Ivd tried to email and call them and the only response I had was months ago with a vague reply of they don't have any information on when

Does anyone know where isp is currently in review process? I appealed a little more than 11 months ago and I haven't had any notice from isp since the original mail about the rejection of application after my 120 days. I see some have had 30 day messages what is that about? Ivd tried to email and call them and the only response I had was months ago with a vague reply of they don't have any information on when

There is a difference in being under board review and a rejection of an application. There is a difference between an application being rejected and being denied.

If you don't mind, send me a private message detailing what was said in the original mail and that will help determine what step you need to take next.

since we have a time limit to respond to their letters, is there a time limit for the agency to respond to that the board is requesting additional information from ? these 30 day letters are killing me. like what if the objecting agency never responds back tot he board? I can be under board review for years....

Yeah its a very unfortunate situation. Many of us on here have been waiting over a year now, some ever over two years. Hopefully, things will change soon...

since we have a time limit to respond to their letters, is there a time limit for the agency to respond to that the board is requesting additional information from ? these 30 day letters are killing me. like what if the objecting agency never responds back tot he board? I can be under board review for years....

Yeah its a very unfortunate situation. Many of us on here have been waiting over a year now, some ever over two years. Hopefully, things will change soon...

its crazy and frustrating to me that the objecting agency doesn't have a time limit to reply but we have one!! I hope it changes soon because this process is very frustrating

It is our opinion and strong stance that the agency has only the extra 30 days which the board requested. After the additional 30 days has passed the board must issue a ruling. We have maintained this stance and worked for a resolution to the problem from the beginning and we do believe this will be resolved in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

another 30 day letter in the mail for me. not even excited, I feel like I wasted my money. don't even care to check my status anymore, I guess I wait to be surprised in the mail another year or two from now and see if I will ever get my ccw. I have my Florida license so I guess I should leave the state at this point :( #beyoundfrustrated

• 4 months later...
Does everyone ccl go to under board review cause I dont have anything on my record at all I'm two steps away from getting a government job thats how I know for sure I haven't did anything with tsa n it feels like I been waiting for ever for this license I just wanna know how long is the process of this board review I spent to much money to be put on hold like this

Does everyone ccl go to under board review cause I dont have anything on my record at all I'm two steps away from getting a government job thats how I know for sure I haven't did anything with tsa n it feels like I been waiting for ever for this license I just wanna know how long is the process of this board review I spent to much money to be put on hold like this

Are you in C(r)ook County? Dart is responsible for most of the objections going under board review.

Archived