White Mich. couple charged after gun pulled on Black family

mikew

Hi Tip,

When they don't move, you call 911 and get the cops come to sort it out. Tell the 911 operator you are being forcibly detained and in fear of bodily harm. And every other moment, record events if you can, to establish your role as an innocent participant.

Frankly, it looks to me like the other party here was looking for a chance to force an incident. When there is no imminent and clear danger to you, why play into their hands at the cost of your own future welfare?

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

Unless one has been living under a rock they would be fully aware of all the white people who have been ripped from their cars and brutally attacked lately. The moment the woman blocked and started beating on the car is where the imminent danger began.

Maybe she wouldn’t have done anything further. Or maybe the rest would have joined in, shattered the windows and attacked them. By the time you wait around to see which it is it will be too late. She wasn’t playing mind reader and neither would I.

Prevent me from leaving and even hint that you’re going to break into my vehicle with me or my family in it and the gloves come off.

Hi Cerus,

My operating principle is to make it out of any such situation safely and with as little subsequent negative blowback as possible.

That would include knowledge that some people stage confrontation to advance an agenda, that today's media environment is biased against armed self defense, and that I have no desire to be bankrupted by the aftermath, much less wind up in jail.

If events unavoidably compel me to deploy a weapon, it will be with that as a background to the main issue of defending my life and those I love. But I acknowledge that everyone has a different balancing point on such matters

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

Hi Tip,

When they don't move, you call 911 and get the cops come to sort it out. Tell the 911 operator you are being forcibly detained and in fear of bodily harm. And every other moment, record events if you can, to establish your role as an innocent participant.

Frankly, it looks to me like the other party here was looking for a chance to force an incident. When there is no imminent and clear danger to you, why play into their hands at the cost of your own future welfare?

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

Unless one has been living under a rock they would be fully aware of all the white people who have been ripped from their cars and brutally attacked lately. The moment the woman blocked and started beating on the car is where the imminent danger began.

Maybe she wouldn’t have done anything further. Or maybe the rest would have joined in, shattered the windows and attacked them. By the time you wait around to see which it is it will be too late. She wasn’t playing mind reader and neither would I.

Prevent me from leaving and even hint that you’re going to break into my vehicle with me or my family in it and the gloves come off.

this

I can't speak to the accuracy of this, but I've read unverified accounts of this that state the vehicle was equipped with a collision prevention system that locks the brakes so you don't back over people. It was impossible to back out of the parking space and the people blocking them in were also beating (fists?) on the vehicle.

I have a collision detection system on my Audi. Once it sees something I have to deactivate the system by hitting a dash button to get the car to move again. I'm not sure how the vehicle in question works, but if there's no cancel button they might have been stuck until the obstruction (people) was removed from the path of the vehicle. It's making me rethink how the tech in my car might be detrimental to my well-being should I encounter a suddenly blocked roadway due to protesters. Might be worth it to give this some thought if you have a newer tech heavy car.

A little tech tip:

Most new vehicles have auto door lock and unlock tied to the gear selector. When you put the vehicle in gear the doors lock and when you put the vehicle in neutral the doors unlock. This got some federal agents ambushed in one of those government SUVs. When the agent driving put the car in neutral the doors unlocked, the bad guys pulled the doors open and started firing. Car Jackers and Thieves at ATMs do the same thing. Go to your vehicle's settings and scroll to door lock/unlock, select the unlock option, select "unlock when key removed". Problem fixed.

^^^Regarding the crash detection there is probably a fuse you can pull to disable it. Of course a frisky lawyer might use that against you in the event of an accident. Based on the model minivan they were in, I don't think the technology for that particular vehicle was there yet when it was built

Not sure I want my doors to unlock when I remove a key. But then again, my truck has manual door locks and crank windows, and I like it.

Do it any way you want. But my advice just might save someone's life, maybe not. The federal agents were attacked due to the factory setting of the auto unlock. Maybe someday Thelma Lou will let you drive a modern vehicle then you will grasp what I'm talking about.

A little tech tip:

Most new vehicles have auto door lock and unlock tied to the gear selector. When you put the vehicle in gear the doors lock and when you put the vehicle in neutral the doors unlock. This got some federal agents ambushed in one of those government SUVs. When the agent driving put the car in neutral the doors unlocked, the bad guys pulled the doors open and started firing. Car Jackers and Thieves at ATMs do the same thing. Go to your vehicle's settings and scroll to door lock/unlock, select the unlock option, select "unlock when key removed". Problem fixed.

On my Audi I had to buy an aftermarket programming device called OBDeleven to get into the factory coding and change it so that the doors NEVER unlock until I pull the door handles from the inside. The dealership refused to do this for me so I had to take thinks into my own hands. I suspect most VW/Audi cars are the same. They default to unlocking when the car it put in park and there is no user facing control to change it.

^^^Regarding the crash detection there is probably a fuse you can pull to disable it. Of course a frisky lawyer might use that against you in the event of an accident. Based on the model minivan they were in, I don't think the technology for that particular vehicle was there yet when it was built

Yeah, already considered this and came to the conclusion that I'm more likely to get screwed for having disabled it, then of course my insurance will abandon me for disabling a safety feature. Too much risk assumed for me.

What did the husband do to get arrested and fired?

Exactly, particularly the arrest?

guilty by association. Now if you drive out to a suburb with 5 of your gang banger buddies to rob a house and one of the bangers gets lead poisoning, there is no guilty by association in that setting simply because you are on the wrong side of the liberal news.

The husband allegedly hit the mom with the car. Both he and his wife are charged with felony assault.

The university fired the husband for verbally confronting the mom, which it considered "unacceptable behavior."

So in this world, you just have to grin and take verbal abuse, if the abuser is a minority and you are white? And what I saw (which was suddenly, and only for that part not rock steady and complete) was her step behind an already backing up car.

Maybe in the political climate we live in today, where common sense and fairness are thrown out the window, and all that really seems to matter is the race and gender of the people involved, the real solution is to not take any verbal abuse or other abuse from any minority figure, resorting to deadly force to protect oneself, and hope enough people do this to flood the criminal justice system. Another partial solution is to commit (privately of course) to jury nullification of any case where the charges are nothing but appeasement to the Leftist minority thugs.

A little tech tip:

It was something like this to turn off that stupid idea on my car. Had the car battery out a few times and the automatic door locks stayed off when a new battery went in.

https://itstillruns.com/disable-auto-door-lock-7942757.html

A little tech tip:

If my vehicle is involved in a crash to the point that fuel is leaking, I am NOT about to waste time taking the keys out of the ignition, partly because that could cause a spark that ignites the gas fumes.

How many cars still have keys as opposed to fobs? My Dodge Durango automatically locks the doors when you reach a certain speed. It seems to vary a bit but has nothing to do with putting the car into gear. In my Subaru, for whatever reason there is no auto locking or unlocking, only the lock button that the driver or passenger has to press.

If surrounded by a mob and in fear of being harmed, I think the first reaction would be to drive through the mob. Drawing a gun would be only if I was unable to get away while still in my car.

A little tech tip:

If my vehicle is involved in a crash to the point that fuel is leaking, I am NOT about to waste time taking the keys out of the ignition, partly because that could cause a spark that ignites the gas fumes.

I think keys are made from brass. Brass isn't metal that sparks. Taking the keys with might be what saves you in that scenario. You have to turn the car off to remove them and turning the car off kills the fuel pump.

Wow, when I posted about the auto door unlocks I didn't realize there were so many options between vehicles. My vehicle gives me the options of: No auto unlock, unlock in park (factory setting) or unlock when key removed. I chose the key removed, that way I can put the vehicle park when at an ATM or Drive-up window and not worry about remembering to engage the manual lock. I did leave auto lock set on when in gear because I have made it a habit that the very first thing I do when closing the vehicle's door is manually lock all doors. I am not worried about a fast exit from the vehicle, I am more concerned about someone attempting a fast entrance.

Everyone pick the option that works best for you.

I think keys are made from brass. Brass isn't metal that sparks. Taking the keys with might be what saves you in that scenario. You have to turn the car off to remove them and turning the car off kills the fuel pump.

Granted, keys are brass but the ignition switch is electric and can spark. Even turning off the key doesn't help if the gas tank has ruptured as is possible in either a side impact or rear end impact.

Most car electrical systems have one or more relays that switch plenty of amps of current, with a good chance of one being in the engine compartment.

Relays spark, especially when interrupting current flows. DC relay loads are even harder to interrupt than AC relay loads.

Active Self Protection interviews the couple (with their lawyers). Disclaimer: I haven't watched it yet, but it looks like they're rep'ed by Firearms Legal Protection.

youtube.com/watch?v=mwhptVbX5CQ

Active Self Protection interviews the couple (with their lawyers). Disclaimer: I haven't watched it yet, but it looks like they're rep'ed by Firearms Legal Protection.

I watched the entire interview and John with active self protection thinks she was justified in pulling out her gun as do I. There is a second video beside the one most of us have seen. The white woman is seen backing up as the black mother is just a few feet from her and keeps advancing.. The black woman was said to have hit the back window of the car about 5 times and the white woman thought it might have been broken out.

I would recommend that everyone watch the video of the interview.

I watched the entire interview and John with active self protection thinks she was justified in pulling out her gun as do I. There is a second video beside the one most of us have seen. The white woman is seen backing up as the black mother is just a few feet from her and keeps advancing.. The black woman was said to have hit the back window of the car about 5 times and the white woman thought it might have been broken out.

I would recommend that everyone watch the video of the interview.

The mother and daughter duo appear to be bigots since they reportedly threatened both the man and woman on the basis of their skin color and threatened the husband additionally on the basis of his age. That is an act of both ageism and racism which means the violent duo are the ones that committed the hate crime. Additionally they may have been targeted for being disabled as well since the husband was disabled.

Archived