Madigan's office files motion to dismiss Shepard/Moore cases as moot

Phatty

I think Shepard v Madigan is heading back to CA7 - not HB183 At issue is whether Shepard is moot.

Both parties will appeal no matter what. Madigan needs to appeal to stop FOID carry (real FOID carry - not Container Transport which Ty calls FOID Carry)

I don't think Posner is going to do some grand review of HB183 and pick apart provisions - like CTA and Library etc... I think there will be a very narrow ruling that will probably result in the court affirming FOID carry- FOID holders being able to CCW (not the FOID carry that Ty talks about which is really Container Transport).

Then ISP will have to speed up their implementation to prevent the Wild Wild West and tornado of guns from descending upon Illinois.

I think Shepard v Madigan is heading back to CA7 - not HB183 At issue is whether Shepard is moot.

Both parties will appeal no matter what. Madigan needs to appeal to stop FOID carry (real FOID carry - not Container Transport which Ty calls FOID Carry)

I don't think Posner is going to do some grand review of HB183 and pick apart provisions - like CTA and Library etc... I think there will be a very narrow ruling that will probably result in the court affirming FOID carry- FOID holders being able to CCW (not the FOID carry that Ty talks about which is really Container Transport).

Then ISP will have to speed up their implementation to prevent the Wild Wild West and tornado of guns from descending upon Illinois.

Based on factual data, a wild west scenario would be the safest way to go.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/8upupu4a.jpg

Based on factual data, a wild west scenario would be the safest way to go.

Yeah, even though many carried firearms at the time in certain areas of the US, shootings were not a big problem, the lack of medical services and meds meant that even a minor injury could be deadly, thus confrontation was avoided back then... That is unless you source of historical info is Hollywood cowboy movies...

As a whole, the last few generations have not been raised around firearms. They didn't start out with 22s, hunt, target shoot or learn safety. It is becoming rural vs urban (two Americas). Lack of education, lack of understanding, lack of self dependence, to the point where courts are the end all for everything.

As a whole, the last few generations have not been raised around firearms. They didn't start out with 22s, hunt, target shoot or learn safety. It is becoming rural vs urban (two Americas). Lack of education, lack of understanding, lack of self dependence, to the point where courts are the end all for everything.

Those two commentaries, lack of (gun) education and lack of (gun) understanding about sums up 90% of the reasons antis are antis. People fear what they don't understand.

Which is the only reason I support training for CCW.

I was raised hunting and shooting. When I went through the police academy we has individuals in my class who'd never even held a firearm until they entered the academy. :blink: :o

Some basic training in firearm safety is necessary since individuals like this haven't had the teaching I and many others like me got, in my case from my father and grandfather.

I personally think firearm safety and basic marksmanship should be taught in high schools nation wide. Nothing fancy, just basic level nuts and bolts. Call me crazy but I think it would do a LOT to reduce crime and accidental shootings etc.

Of course, I must be crazy if I think the liberals would ever let that happen. :hyper: :Loony: :P

Of course, I must be crazy if I think the liberals would ever let that happen. :hyper: :Loony: :P

My high school still has a rifle team, with a range in the basement of the Jr High building (used to the the HS long ago, easier to just keep using that than to build a new one). Not quite the same as teaching everyone in school, but enough that I'm sure some parents would flip out if they realized how many rifles are in school, day in and day out.

My high school still has a rifle team, with a range in the basement of the Jr High building (used to the the HS long ago, easier to just keep using that than to build a new one). Not quite the same as teaching everyone in school, but enough that I'm sure some parents would flip out if they realized how many rifles are in school, day in and day out.

:clap: :clap:

Just curious where that's at...can't be anywhere North of I-80 right?

Just curious where that's at...can't be anywhere North of I-80 right?

Nope, I'm down the road a bit, in Quincy, pretty much as far west as you can get in IL.

http://quincyjournal.com/above-the-fold/2013/07/17/qhs-rifle-team-finshes-third-in-nationals1373991183/

My dream scenario was we get the highly restrictive LTC and the court tells the state to go pound sand anyway, telling them it is not good enough. I am not betting on that happening, but one never knows.

I think next week is the most likely time we get an answer, but I fear the answer will be to buck it up to the appeals court, either directly, or because one side or the other appeals whatever ruling there is.

I remember waiting for the 7ths. Decision on right to carry. I checked that case every day for their answer. It was obsessive!! Then finally in December they gave it to us. Then we had to wait for the legislators to act, then the Enbanc and denial. Then the extensions and the constant back and forth. Are we going to SCOTUS? Are we not? Can we get shall issue? Will Chicago be carved out?

Lord all mighty, it's been a roller coaster year and I wasn't even on the front lines.

Now we're waiting on another decision! I'm not gonna do any guess work on it, it will get here when it gets here

I remember waiting for the 7ths. Decision on right to carry. I checked that case every day for their answer. It was obsessive!! Then finally in December they gave it to us. Then we had to wait for the legislators to act, then the Enbanc and denial. Then the extensions and the constant back and forth. Are we going to SCOTUS? Are we not? Can we get shall issue? Will Chicago be carved out?

Lord all mighty, it's been a roller coaster year and I wasn't even on the front lines.

Now we're waiting on another decision! I'm not gonna do any guess work on it, it will get here when it gets here

Amen, brother!

Nice summary. :cool:

Archived