State Digital ID

lockman

There's nothing stored on the pc. It's just like creating a log on for your favorite website. All you're doing is entering in your DL info and linking it to a username and password. Basically creating a logon.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Not completely correct. You're generating a PKCS #12 cert. They're just keeping it on their server (and will send you a copy if you ask at the site that was noted further down the thread.

See http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43469&st=30 for more info. Frankly, the way the state has that Digital ID site set up makes my skin crawl. It's like watching someone strap raw tenderloin steaks to themselves and go waltzing in to a cage with a bunch of lions.

Gee, what could POSSIBLY go wrong? :no:

Bri

5th computer I tried worked actually getting me to the page.I then submitted it and it failed.My boss (who owns no guns yet) tried on the same computer and it went through.....I (shooting is my whole life) tried again and it said my DL was used already.1/2 hour then p***** away on the phone waiting.Nice operator put in a ticket for me.Back in limbo.

Good thing I got my training done in October so it's not a race with the devil come application time.I am beyond over it.

I got it done today. It was a project. Recorded it step by step. Putting together a video tomorrow after I record the application process.

what am I missing? On the first page of this thread, people keep saying they downloaded something to their pc... I went in, filled everything out, created an ID and password and that's it. I didn't get any notifications to download anything

As far as we know right now, you have done it exactly right. Just keep track of that password and username.

what am I missing? On the first page of this thread, people keep saying they downloaded something to their pc... I went in, filled everything out, created an ID and password and that's it. I didn't get any notifications to download anything

As far as we know right now, you have done it exactly right. Just keep track of that password and username.

I think you are correct. All we'll need to "sign" our application in Jan 2014 will be the user ID and password that you set up. People speculating about downloading certificates, using the same computer, import certificates, etc. I think are all wrong.

You were lucky to have all the technical requirements line up correctly. As others have said, keep track of your user id and password.

Not only were you lucky to have everything set up already, but it seems that the system is getting fixed.

Reports from just last week stated that only Internet Explorer and obly older versions of it would work.

Many members had to downgrade their browsers just to get it working.

It worked with Firefox for me just the other day.

So things are getting better, maybe.

Mac Users Install Firefox and Java. Make sure to ACTIVATE Java inside Firefox and you are good to go. Just did my ID no problem.

Did you do this under the stock Mac operating system or were you using Boot Camp or Parallels to emulate a PC?

If under the stock Mac OS, what version are you using?

Thanks!

I think you are correct. All we'll need to "sign" our application in Jan 2014 will be the user ID and password that you set up. People speculating about downloading certificates, using the same computer, import certificates, etc. I think are all wrong.

I'm not going to speculate on this one yet. I know how security is supposed to work. And I know that, no matter how they do this, the system they've set up isn't secure.

So, we'll see how the ISP ends out addressing this. Hopefully, we'll start to get some feedback from the instructors now that they can apply.

Brian

ISP says the following are supported on MAC:

The following table lists the MAC operating systems, Web browsers, and Java plug-ins that Entrust TruePass supports on the client side.

(1) Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7

Apple Safari 5.1, Mozilla Firefox 12.0, Mozilla Firefox 13.0

Apple JVM 1.6 with the latest available update

(2) Mac OS X 10.7

Apple Safari 6, Mozilla Firefox 17.0

Oracle JVM 1.7 with the latest available update

Mac Users Install Firefox and Java. Make sure to ACTIVATE Java inside Firefox and you are good to go. Just did my ID no problem.

safari works fine for me.

If I could ask:

What OS are you using? 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9

What browser are you using and what version? Safari or Firefox

What version of Java are you using

Thank you for your help!

After 2 days of playing around trying to get my state ID , I finally got in! I tried on my wifes Mac with Safari and no go, my windows with IE 11 was not doing any good, went to the library and tried there, no go. After waiting on hold for 1/2 hour for tec support in Springfield it turned out that is the way I was filling out all the info from my DL. Everything and I mean everything has to be just as it is on there. Your name is in caps,, you use caps, your street name is in caps,, you use caps. Very frustrating. Now onto the next challenge, uploading scanned items into the application. Guess I'll see if the grandkids can help me!

This is an absolute joke. I have been trying for 4 days to get my digital ID it and keeps giving me an error. I called the number 3 days ago and got a ticket number. They said if I had not gotten a call in 2 days to call them back. Today is 3 days so I called and was told I would have to wait until they called as they have gotten hundreds of calls about the same thing. Did the same people set this web site up that set up the obamacare site? Total BS!

ISP says the following are supported on MAC:

The following table lists the MAC operating systems, Web browsers, and Java plug-ins that Entrust TruePass supports on the client side.

(1) Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7

Apple Safari 5.1, Mozilla Firefox 12.0, Mozilla Firefox 13.0

Apple JVM 1.6 with the latest available update

(2) Mac OS X 10.7

Apple Safari 6, Mozilla Firefox 17.0

Oracle JVM 1.7 with the latest available update

Yeah well,I had to get on the wife's Windows 8 machine to get my ID.And then to start the CCW application,I had to download Java for Mac for the ISP site to accept my ID.Too complicated.

The only thing that I was ever able to make work was Win7/IE.

On the brighter side, after looking at the tutorial that was done (I think it was cgs that did it), it looks like Blythe was right: you'll just have to have the user id and password you used on the Digital ID website.

Once you get the Digital ID taken care of, it actually was less painful than I'd expected it to be. I got everything in except for the actual payment.

Bri

This is an absolute joke. I have been trying for 4 days to get my digital ID it and keeps giving me an error. I called the number 3 days ago and got a ticket number. They said if I had not gotten a call in 2 days to call them back. Today is 3 days so I called and was told I would have to wait until they called as they have gotten hundreds of calls about the same thing. Did the same people set this web site up that set up the obamacare site? Total BS!

I am in the same boat at present... Went thru the process to create digital ID, got the end and it says, "Creating digital ID, please wait"... well, it never did anything after that. No emails, no confirmation, nada... Called the help numbers 3 times this week, on hold for a while.. each person told me "they are not to your ticket number yet".. The Ticket number is like an ID number for a repair within the system.

When I go to the pki website (www.illinois.gov/pki) and click on "user maintenance" along the RH side of the page, this is where you can test your username and ID to see if it brings your account up.. When I do that, it says, "your account is not in a state that can be reset." ..hmm, I'm thinkin' yea, I know! I am in Illinois!

ok, flame off... Basically, the person I spoke too today told me that CMS folks would get to me in time..but he said it could be several days since "we are having a lot of calls like this"..

Feel fortunate if your ID was created with no glitches and you got thru the first battle!

dave

Maybe you already tried this but you MUST enter your information EXACTLY as it appears on your DL or ID.

You might also review this link supplied by cgs. He went through a lot of effort to help out everyone with the Digital ID and the application entry.

http://chicagogunsmith.com/blog/how-do-i-apply-for-my-illinois-carry-concealed-license/190/

Archived