Email to my Rep

Smittyp83

Here's an email I just sent off to Rep Keith Farnham (Elgin area)....

Dear Congressman,

I recently suffered a back injury which, for the time being, has dramatically limited my mobility and my ability to walk at a normal pace. At times, I have to use a cane for support when standing.

Until this injury, I felt reasonably comfortable that I would not be looked at as a "soft target" by those who would be inclined to rob or attack someone. I was confident that, if needed, I could at least put up a good fight.

However, now things are different. With my slow gait, cane in hand and deliberate movements, I am obviously a target for would-be thugs or thieves.

Since you voted "No" on HB-0148, the Family and Personal Protection Act, I would like you to please explain to me how I can defend myself, my wife or my daughters in my current condition.

Or, is it your position that I simply submit to those attackers and hope that a police officer happens to be driving by at the exact moment I am being beaten or my wife or daughters are being raped and can thwart such an attack?

I would truley like to hear your response.

If I get a response, I will post it here (after I get over my shock, of course!)

I was at the town hall where Farnham was speaking last year. He gave me the impression that he felt carrying a gun is unnecessary because he himself never felt the need to carry one.

Some folks at the meeting were supposed to follow up with him, but I'm not sure you can convince him to change his mind. That's the warm fuzzy feeling I got from him.

If I get a response, I will post it here (after I get over my shock, of course!)

Great email. Let us know if he responds. But most likely, you'll just go on his "ignore" list, because he cannot come up with any rational response to that email, other than saying "I've changed my mind. :D You're right!". (As I continue to wait for heck to freeze over.)

Mr. Sand,

Sorry I did not get a chance to meet with you. Had you made an appointment, we would have had a chance to talk. My challenges with conceal and carry are not typical and those that lobby on your behalf have yet to answer my questions. Also, let me correct you. I do not have a security detail. Thank you for your email.

Will Davis

here is the response I got from Will Davis after 12 emails. One a day.

Mr. Sand,

Sorry I did not get a chance to meet with you. Had you made an appointment, we would have had a chance to talk. My challenges with conceal and carry are not typical and those that lobby on your behalf have yet to answer my questions. Also, let me correct you. I do not have a security detail. Thank you for your email.

Will Davis

here is the response I got from Will Davis after 12 emails. One a day.

So when is your appointment?

So I got a response from Rep Farnham's office - it started off with "Thank you for contacting me regarding HB-0148...."

I'll bet you can guess where it went from there. Standard canned response letter. In fact, I think I got the same letter when I contacted him about supporting 148 last year.

Of course, he didn't answer my question (since it was a form letter) but he did say that he supported keeping FOID info private.

So I got a response from Rep Farnham's office - it started off with "Thank you for contacting me regarding HB-0148...."

I'll bet you can guess where it went from there. Standard canned response letter. In fact, I think I got the same letter when I contacted him about supporting 148 last year.

Of course, he didn't answer my question (since it was a form letter) but he did say that he supported keeping FOID info private.

Here is the audio of an interview that WD had on 03/02/12 on WGN radio. Listen to it and hear his rationale for the registration bill is all about. I will reserve comment until later.

http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/mikemcconnell/wgnam-mike-mcconnell-interview-will-davis,0,5917064.mp3file

Archived