Can you get a paper/snail mail version of the foid renewal?

jim123

Having trouble remembering my user id and password. When I go to forgot password, I can make a new one but the user id shows invalid. My "email already exists" when I try to make a new account. The local gun store isn't doing renewal assistance because of covid 19. I think I remember reading that a new email account is the way around this but I recently was unable to get a picture taken with a phone then sent to an email account forwarded to another place. Expires in early July.

There are no paper applications. There is only online.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the user id shows invalid" if you can set a new password. If you mean your new password is invalid, make sure the new password is not too long. The new password dialog won't tell you if it is, but a password that is too long won't work when you try to use it to log in.

Jim, simply create a new email to use... it's bonking because the old email is already in the system. Once you change it and get in you can change your email back if ya like.

JQ

Thanks. Do I have to give them a new picture of me also? I have one in the computer that I took about a year ago that I successfully used for the ccl renewal. For some reason now any cell phone pic sent to my email, saved to computer, copy/paste to send somewhere else started failing at the last step the last time I tried this. Might be a blown vacuum tube in my computer somewhere causing this problem.

Use the new account method suggested above. There is an alternative to online application per ISPFSB FAQ, but good luck ever getting through on the phone.

Q. What if I do not have access to a computer? Is there a paper FOID application?

A. No, however, individuals may submit an application through an alternative call-in method. To do so, applicants may call the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980 to complete the application over the phone, including taking payment in the form of a credit card, debit card or electronic check. Upon payment, the application will be mailed to you for final completion. Upon receipt, you will answer some criminal history and mental health questions, attach a RECENT photograph and sign the application. Applicants must return the application to the Firearms Services Bureau for final processing. Please DO NOT send in a check, money order, or cash with your completed call-in paper application; the fee will already have been taken electronically through the alternative call-in method.

• 2 months later...

Having trouble remembering my user id and password. When I go to forgot password, I can make a new one but the user id shows invalid. My "email already exists" when I try to make a new account. The local gun store isn't doing renewal assistance because of covid 19. I think I remember reading that a new email account is the way around this but I recently was unable to get a picture taken with a phone then sent to an email account forwarded to another place. Expires in early July.

I have forgotten the user name I used. I entered what I thought was my user name and it says involid. I did get my password changed. I didn't enter my email nor did I get a message that it already exists. Do i have to register as a new user with a different email address? I need to renew my FOID card by 9/1 to keep my CCL in force.

I have forgotten the user name I used. I entered what I thought was my user name and it says involid. I did get my password changed. I didn't enter my email nor did I get a message that it already exists. Do i have to register as a new user with a different email address? I need to renew my FOID card by 9/1 to keep my CCL in force.

I just used a different email address, new user ID and pass word, (write them down for next time!) and everything went ok. Renue on 5/10 and no card yet.

So new account accepted?

New user name accepted?

New e-mail accepted?

What is step 2?

Did the password you tried to set up have the required numeric and symbols they require

Cause I’m thinking when trying to move forward the password validation could be this!

abcde, 1234, !?

Letters

Numbers

And at least 1 symbol

Check it hope it helps

My version of sticky: find my old post and quote.

When I made a new account a few years ago, I got that error with my brand new account. It took some debugging, because the ISP was no help (surprise).

If the password you try to set is longer than the maximum (which I think is 15 characters), the system won't warn you. (At least it didn't warn me at the time. Maybe they fixed it. Maybe they didn't.) Then when you later try to authenticate, obviously nothing you enter less than or equal to the maximum length will match.

If that's your problem, reset the password to something 15 characters (or less).

My version of sticky: find my old post and quote.

When I made a new account a few years ago, I got that error with my brand new account. It took some debugging, because the ISP was no help (surprise).

If the password you try to set is longer than the maximum (which I think is 15 characters), the system won't warn you. (At least it didn't warn me at the time. Maybe they fixed it. Maybe they didn't.) Then when you later try to authenticate, obviously nothing you enter less than or equal to the maximum length will match.

If that's your problem, reset the password to something 15 characters (or less).

It seems to take everything OK til I click the agree button on step 2 then it says password valldation has failded. My password is 10 characters upper and lower case letters and numbers special character is # sign .

Bob,

If you have used that "user name" before the ISP will not accept it AGAIN as a New User, You must use a different user name.

If you have used your email address before the ISP will not accept it again as a NEW email address. You must use a different email address.

Hint: As soon as you enter your FOID number or your DL number (can't remember which) the system will automatically populate your account with your original info, INCLUDING your original email address.

There are no paper applications. There is only online.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the user id shows invalid" if you can set a new password. If you mean your new password is invalid, make sure the new password is not too long. The new password dialog won't tell you if it is, but a password that is too long won't work when you try to use it to log in.

That is not entirely correct.

In early June, my parent got "the letter" from ISP reminding them that their FOID expires in August. The letter states that a paper application is available if you don't have computer access. I recently spent over 90 MINUTES jumping through their complicated automated system with MOST of the time being on hold trying to call them to get them to send the application. Nobody ever answered.

So my parent mailed them a letter to the address on the bottom of the letter. Now we will see how long THAT takes.

Has anyone tried the fully automated new IVR system for renewals?

ISP has updated some of their FAQ

Q. Can I phone in my FOID Card application?

A. Yes you can! Simply call our new Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone system, at 217-782-7980. New applications require interaction with one of our customer service agents before being transferred to the automated payment system. Renewals are entirely automated. After payment, you will be sent a paper application to complete and return.

Q. I obtained a paper FOID application from a gun dealer. May I use it to apply for a FOID Card?

A. No. Fill-in-the-blank paper applications obtained from retailers of any kind or from ANY provider on the internet, are obsolete and are no longer accepted. If you want to use the alternative call-in method, please call our Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980. Most callers are able to complete the entire process automatically without having to wait on hold to speak with an agent.

Q. What if I do not have access to a computer? Is there a paper FOID application?

A. Sort of. We no longer accept the old, fill-in-the-blank form, but you may apply through our alternative call-in method. To do so, call the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980 to complete the application over the phone, including making payment in the form of a credit card, debit card or electronic check. Upon payment, a partially-completed application will be mailed to you for final completion. You will need to answer some criminal history and mental health questions, attach a RECENT photograph and sign the application. You must return the application to the Firearms Services Bureau for final processing. Please DO NOT send in a check, money order, or cash with your completed call-in paper application; the fee will already have been taken electronically through the alternative call-in method.

Q. How do I renew my FOID Card?

A. Your FOID card can be renewed through either the on-line method at www.ispfsb.com or the alternative call-in application process. Follow the instructions for "HOW DO I APPLY FOR A FOID CARD?" If renewing on-line, you will select the "RENEW" button after logging in. The "RENEW" button will appear when the FOID card holder is eligible to renew the card. FOID card holders will also be notified by US mail, 60 days prior to the expiration of their FOID card. Please allow up to 60 business days to process your renewal application, plus mailing, to receive your card. FOID cards will not be forwarded by the U.S. Postal Service

Bob,

If you have used that "user name" before the ISP will not accep't it AGAIN as a New User, You must use a different user name.

If you have used your email address before the ISP will not accept it again as a NEW email address. You must use a different email address.

Hint: As soon as you enter your FOID number or your DL number (can't remember which) the system will automatically populate your account with your original info, INCLUDING your original email address.

I was able to enter my FOID number and DL number but could not get through the level 2 of the application.

I entered the amount listed on my DL which is 163 pounds. Now my FOID card says 180 the DL was renewed this year.

I was able to enter my FOID number and DL number but could not get through the level 2 of the application.

If your not getting thru step two,

Double check, verify your information is correct, weight as noted on drivers license,

I entethe amount

Something is not working on their end right now, in my opinion. Two of us were able to get through our CCL applications to the page to upload the certificate and it kept rejecting-- "failed to upload" flashed in red.

To save helpful speculation, our files are way under limit size, proper file extensions (pdf, jpg, png--we tried them all in fact), using laptops--the same ones we used successfully for our FOIDs, and we tried three different browsers just in case, though Chrome worked on the site for our FOID applications. Computers are updated, restarted, etc. All troubleshooting done on our end. If it goes on again on Monday, will see if Molly, has any ideas. I haven't seen anyone else post about this yet though.

Any other ideas? Something I am missing? Think we need to start over with a new user name??

Archived