Blago will be pardoned/commuted

cls74

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/blagojevich-to-be-released-from-prison-soon-sources-say

Unless he has or is cooperating with a take down of Madigan this is one of the worse moves Trump will make.

Opponents considered, this will dial back 100% support in 2020.

Don't take that out of context, I will back Trump over 100% of Democrats but should a legitimate primary challenger surface, I may reconsider, not that it matters in IL.

If you are corrupt, you are corrupt

I don't care what party you affiliate with, I don't care what side of an issue you side with. If you are corrupt you have no right to be in a political position.

Tom Cullerton to Ed burke, lock them up and let citizens take back their government. Get Madigan out and we can really take the state back.

If you are corrupt, you are corrupt

I don't care what party you affiliate with, I don't care what side of an issue you side with. If you are corrupt you have no right to be in a political position.

Tom Cullerton to Ed burke, lock them up and let citizens take back their government. Get Madigan out and we can really take the state back.

All of this

At this point, holding Blago in prison is pure punishment. It's symbolic. He's been convicted, stripped of all power, will never hold a position of power again. His name is in thesauruses as a synonym for "corrupt politician." So we're simply paying what, five, six figures to keep him locked up for another 8 years or so? Why bother? Let him out. His reputation is absolute garbage. He wouldn't be a danger to anyone if released...except the Machine since we all know how well he and Madigan get along. What Blago did is nothing compared to what Madigan has been doing and will continue to do if he isn't stopped. I'd take Blago back over Pritzker in a heartbeat. Even with the corruption.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I look at his conviction based upon our bill of rights. This forum's main subject is the 2A. We are frustrated with the courts thumbing their nose at it, totally ignoring "shall not be infringed".

We need to be just as concerned about the 5A.

Do we all not want to be protected from being tried multiple times in a court of law for the same crime. Show me were our founding fathers wanted a unanimous verdict before double jeopardy kicked in.

The burden should be on the gov to convict not on the defense get an acquittal. If the gov can not prove quilt with an unanimous decision then why are we content to allow the gov to keep trying again and again.

It is an extremely difficult to get 12 people to agree on anything. That burden should be limited to the gov bringing the charge.

To suggest that Blago was not put into double jeopardy defy all logic. To claim a 23 to 1 jury decision is unanimous defy all common sense.

Guilty until we prove ourselves innocent is not justice.

With the liberals passing laws that may put us in court do we want the gov to have an unlimited bites from the apple to convict us.

Let us not support having our rights trampled on.

These red flag laws are just another attack. We need double jeopardy protection.

Our founders put the burden of proof on the prosecution but Blago's defense was forced and failed to get a unanimous verdict. The prosecution only needed 1 hold out. Yes he got 11 but he only needed 1 to win to keep the attack going. The defendant is destroyed financially while the prosecutor is unharmed.

Blago is dirty but the court system that railroaded him with a retrial is even more dangerous.

We need the 5A to protect our 2A.

Blago is dirty but the court system that railroaded him with a retrial is even more dangerous.We need the 5A to protect our 2A.
There's been quite a few people who have suggested that Fitzgerald is crooked...and Trump is no fan of him. He's the one who prosecuted Libby. Investigated that whole Valerie Plame cluster. Sent the wrong guy to prison. Also handled the Ryan case. He's sent two of "our" governors to federal prison. Partner at Skadden (lots of scandals there, begin with Greg Craig). Then again he got Burge for perjury. But the tactics described are malicious. That's how US Attorneys play when they NEED the conviction. At any cost. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Get ready to see his face repeatedly on MSNBC, NBC, and CNN once pardoned. He will make money with his appearances. He will probably be a contributor on CNN or MSNBC.

I hear tell of Pattie and the kid's being taken good care of as long as he keeps his mouth shut, if not, well, this is Chicago and the trail of bodies demorats leave behind is on par with a good weekend in Chi-town.
I'm sure Patti is willing to go wherever the US Marshals Service wants to send them for WITSEC in exchange for revenge on those who "sent" (he sent himself, Madigan just told the government to pick him up) her husband to prison.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Theres a long list of politicians or other famous people who have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, who later became praised. This guy is a hero within his party.

Snitches get stitches.... those who remain silent get rewarded. That is most prevalent in Chicago.

He has been a loyal friend to those he needed to loyalty. He will do very well for himself when he gets out.

We know for fact that he never gave up and will never give up the goods on anyone of any importance. The proof is in the fact he hasnt committed "suicide" in prison.

I just remember Blago's campaign commercial on TV with his John Travolta hair-do.

He said something about the Illinois budget and then said - "Let's get real".

My wife and I looked at each other and busted out laughing.

Bring back the chain gang - these boys need to put in a day's work for their keep.

Archived