Is it legal to conceal carry a micro draco?

Chicago312

I want one!

Think I read they were about $25k. Not sure if that includes the MP5 or not :-)[/quote

$1199.00 on Gunbroker.

I must have added an extra zero to the one listing I saw. Would not ever have a use for it, but that hasnt stopped me before!

To get back on topic, other options like an MP5 or others in a shoulder sling system is still probably going to leave a bulge unless you've got a good tailor.

This is...interesting.

I think there's some very good advice given here. Personally, I'll take a Glock 19 against your Micro Whatever. Remember, we are in a defensive position. In a defensive position, I think speed of deployment and accurately putting rounds on target is more important than "firepower". FAR more important.

If someone is shooting at you from a distance with a long weapon, your handgun and that pistol that shoots rifle rounds are both going to be useless. Do you even know where the shots are coming from? Take cover and get out of there as soon as you can!

There's also the VERY important issue of overpenetration. Most of us carry hollow point self defense ammo. These rounds have a lot of virtues. First, they have increased stopping power. Secondly, they're designed to stay in the intended target rather than passing through where they could potentially harm some innocent person. I don't think it's a very good idea for the good guys to be spraying rifle calibers around in populated areas. If your bullet strikes an innocent person while you're trying to defend yourself, you will likely be charged. If an innocent is killed, can you live with yourself despite the legal ramifications? I couldn't...especially if I knew I didn't take reasonable steps to avoid it...such as carrying the proper weapon loaded with the proper ammo for the job.

If I was living in a place where I legitimately felt the need for self defense with a long arm, I'd probably just carry it openly regardless of what the law says. The fact that you won't probably indicates the feeling is not legitimate.

I think your problem is not one of concealment, but, rather, of deployment. If you use an AR with rifle rounds, and you hit anyone that did not actively shoot at you, ie a bystander, you stand the risk of looking as if you were looking for the fight. In my opinion, in that case you lose all protections under the law and become the aggressor -- and prosecuted as such.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

First of all you can't actually conceal carry an AK or AR pistol very effetely.... unless you're wearing a large coat and want to be super uncomfortable. You're certainly not gonna be carrying one on you with somewhere to actually go. It might be good for just walking the dog around the block if you live in Afghanistan or certain parts of Chicago, but that's about it.

And what are you gonna do in the summer ? Carry it in a bag ? That makes it all but useless as a defensive tool.

003ed.jpg?w=300

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/the-bag-trick-how-to-easily-conceal-a-weapon-in-public

First of all you can't actually conceal carry an AK or AR pistol very effetely.... unless you're wearing a large coat and want to be super uncomfortable. You're certainly not gonna be carrying one on you with somewhere to actually go. It might be good for just walking the dog around the block if you live in Afghanistan or certain parts of Chicago, but that's about it.

And what are you gonna do in the summer ? Carry it in a bag ? That makes it all but useless as a defensive tool.

003ed.jpg?w=300

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/the-bag-trick-how-to-easily-conceal-a-weapon-in-public

That's neat. But slightly harder to do with a loaded AK pistol however. And again that only works for like walking the dog around the block.

If you're part of the group of Chicagoans that has to walk everywhere because you don't own a car or even worse has to use public transport, you're gonna be really boned.

If you read the article that goes along with the picture, it's explained that this form of carry is for extreme situations. It's not recomended for every day, but it may be something to file away, just in case. I don't think it'll take too long for Chicago cops to figure this out though.

My question to the OP: Is your BUG for a reload or in case the G19 malfs?

So what are we trying to accomplish here? How likely are you going to truly be up gunned with a Draco Mini? I would personally be trying to get away from any type of confrontation involving north south fire (in particular if long guns are involved. Do you really want to fight it out or get away? I would invest in better sneakers and a smaller gun. Lay down fire and beat feet. I would suggest you look up the statistics on confrontations. I would also suggest that your avoiding areas of confrontation is far better then trying to match the firepower. The upgraded profile that you will get from the police is likely to outweigh the advantages of caliber and capacity. You asked a question and you got your answer so if you think it is still a good idea do what you will. I think you perhaps however envision a firefight with people trying to do you harm. You really should get some training in how to avoid the situation and escape. That will serve you much better then the Draco will.

Well reading through the situation described here, why stop at a mini Draco?

Sounds like you'd be well served kitting up with a plate carrier, chest, back, and side plates, along with a ballistic helmet. Strap on a drop leg holster, and dangle the draco off of a single point sling and you're good to go.

For up close and personal, one of those Mossberg Shockwave shotguns would be great too.

You'll also want an ankle holster, and aside from the drop leg rig, plate carriers usually have a holster so might as well make use of that as well. Nothing better than a full size backup gun. The ankle holster can hold the backup to your backup.

To conceal it all, maybe one of those Clint Eastwood ponchos like he wears in the westerns, or maybe a trench coat about 4X your size. It might be wise to find one that's breathable because aside from looking out of place when it's like 85 degrees out, you might as well look out of place in comfort.

Hope this helps.

Well, gosh. I've missed out here I guess. I got two comments. No, three.

1) If you feel like you really need gun "X," to keep yourself safe, I say you rock it. No judgement from me.

2) In lieu of a long gun for defense, grab you a full size poly wonder 9 with a 5" barrel, add the +2 mag extensions, and load it up with some +P bonded Ammo or even some Lehigh extreme penetrators. That'll level up (sorry couldn't help myself) your firepower.

3) Note that NOBODY has recommended a 1911 for more gun. Nobody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, gosh. I've missed out here I guess. I got two comments. No, three.

1) If you feel like you really need gun "X," to keep yourself safe, I say you rock it. No judgement from me.

2) In lieu of a long gun for defense, grab you a full size poly wonder 9 with a 5" barrel, add the +2 mag extensions, and load it up with some +P bonded Ammo or even some Lehigh extreme penetrators. That'll level up (sorry couldn't help myself) your firepower.

3) Note that NOBODY has recommended a 1911 for more gun. Nobody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My carry gun is a 2011 17 round double stack in the footprint of a glock 19. I could give you a lot of recommendations for a 1911. My smaller carry gun is a 9mm 1911 9 round single stack. I dont feel under gunned in either case.

Archived