What is at stake in this next Governor election

Ranger

Unfortunately it's almost a certainty Pritkzer will be our next Governor, I'm putting in a write-in of "Illegal Alien" unless we get real GOP and not a RINO candidate.

He will certainly work to attack our 2nd and Indiana will probably already be Constitutional Carry.

I'm sure glad the fixed taxed rate is in our constitution otherwise a progressive tax would be in the first week, there's no way in ... they are going to crack open the IL constitution or unions/state employee's would be screaming bloody heck because everyone BUT them want that nonsense fixed. Democrats are so afraid they won't even make a change for new workers to start alleviating the problem.

After Rauner runs a few dozen ads showing Pritkzer and Blago holding hands I'm not so sure he makes it out of the primary

The only part of their platform I agree with is decriminalizing / legalizing marijuana. That was always a stupid law to begin with.

And it began, especially at a federal level, with the repeal of Prohibition.

It even started before that. Individual states started to list marijuana as a "poison" years before prohibition was enacted. Unfortunately unlike alcohol prohibition, marijuana was very effectively stigmatized and demonized in the minds of the white gentry. A stigmatization that was entirely based on racism and lies. First against Indians, then against Mexicans and early 1900s hipsters. Add in a little Refer Madness propaganda and a few BS government studies as well.

The effects of which we still feel today....You have these right leaning law makers who should be all for more freedoms and states rights that can't say a word about it because of the way their conservative base scoffs at it. Just one of the many reasons why the socially regressive right can't stay ahead of the madness that is the leftists.

They are still holding onto long since debunked propaganda and ways of thinking from over hundred of year ago.

And that is precisely why Republicans and Democrats are, for all intents and purposes, members of the same party. Establishment conservatives are just as bull-headed as progressives. As the old saying goes, adapt or die. Numerous Republicans are finding this out firsthand just like Democrats. The parties are stubborn but on different issues, pot being one of several for Republicans. That and marijuana is a cash cow for the DEA. They'll never give it up, the "profits" from civil asset forfeiture are insane. They're not gonna cut off a major stream of revenue, not without Congress legislating it out of Schedule I.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it's almost a certainty Pritkzer will be our next Governor, I'm putting in a write-in of "Illegal Alien" unless we get real GOP and not a RINO candidate.

He will certainly work to attack our 2nd and Indiana will probably already be Constitutional Carry.

I'm sure glad the fixed taxed rate is in our constitution otherwise a progressive tax would be in the first week, there's no way in ... they are going to crack open the IL constitution or unions/state employee's would be screaming bloody heck because everyone BUT them want that nonsense fixed. Democrats are so afraid they won't even make a change for new workers to start alleviating the problem.

If you write in instead if voting for the Republican candidate, you are doing your part to hand our 2A rights to Pritzjer, plain and simple. A protest vote does us far more harm than good with so much at stake.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's part of the many of us (I don't believe I'm alone) have to agree to disagree, I can't vote for Rauner.

Im a state employee thats forced to pay a union. No one that I work with if happy with the current state of the state

If the supreme court rules that you don't have to pay are you going to stop? (I believe it's scheduled for this term)

If they change the state constitution that state employee's pension can never be reduced you wouldn't have a problem with that?

I hate Rauner, but I hate Pritzker and Raul/whomever else is running even more. As someone living in Marty Moylans district, I just about hate everything there is about this state. I will be wrapping up school in seventeen months, could I care less about this state? Certainly, but enough is enough. We need to keep Rauner in, if for nothing more than to show these idiots that things are changing. I remember being called crazy, for supporting Trump back in 2015 and here we are in 2017, with him as President. I bring that up because, if we all seek a change and keep together we can get changes like the SBR bill through proper maneuvering. Lets not get worried, until we need to be. Also, the protest vote people are the same people that said Trump could not win. Its this same logic, that keeps us screwed and future prospects for the second amendment, dim. In either case, when the state comes knocking for your weapons because you allowed the Chicago machine into the governors mansion, look yourself in the mirror and tell me then how effective this form of virtue signaling is.

Janus v. AFSCME and I doubt it because the union gets all kinds of cool stuff for its members (at great cost to the taxpayers, but who cares, right?).

And they already have a provision in the state constitution that states pension benefits may not be diminished. Did you mean that they can be diminished? Because I would support that heh. Regardless, pensions benefits WILL BE diminished. It will happen. That's why I always say they can have 30 cents on the dollar now or a big, fat zero when they retire. They can howl all they want but it doesn't change the fact that this state would need to plow 200% of its tax revenue into the pensions just to stop the unfunded liability from increasing. It wouldn't do a thing to the current funding status.

Janus v. AFSCME and I doubt it because the union gets all kinds of cool stuff for its members (at great cost to the taxpayers, but who cares, right?). And they already have a provision in the state constitution that states pension benefits may not be diminished. Did you mean that they can be diminished? Because I would support that heh. Regardless, pensions benefits WILL BE diminished. It will happen. That's why I always say they can have 30 cents on the dollar now or a big, fat zero when they retire. They can howl all they want but it doesn't change the fact that this state would need to plow 200% of its tax revenue into the pensions just to stop the unfunded liability from increasing. It wouldn't do a thing to the current funding status. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I think AFSCME is going to lose and this is going to start a snowball down the hill which may fundamentally change this country as we know it. Right to work may become the law of the US.

Yes if they open the constitution there's several things we need to fix, pensions is NUMERO UNO!

My friend was under the old "teachers" contract and wasn't change by blago (because he's not a teacher). When they change the full pay for sick, (we was going to get nearly a 300K check) so he worked only Friday's for nearly 3 years with full pay being "sick" on Monday-Thursday. He got 20% raises the last 3 years and is p... they capped the max retirement salary at 109K. My violin is in the fireplace!

Oh at 55 ;)

Legalize marijuana? Yes please.

Afterwards we can work on legalizing prostitution.

Looking at the GA in IL, I would have thought it was legal already. The second thing, that is.

What's the difference between a prostitute and politician? The prostitute actually fulfills her (or his) promise.

There is no difference. Both will screw your brains out if given a chance.

That's part of the many of us (I don't believe I'm alone) have to agree to disagree, I can't vote for Rauner.

And everyone has the right to make their own decisions. But just out of curiosity, what do you think will happen because of that decision?

If many conservative-leaning or libertarian-leaning people refuse to vote for Rauner, Pritkzer will win in a landslide. And Pritkzer will do terrible things on taxes, on firearms, on crime, and on many other topics.

Do you disagree with the two above statements?

If you write in instead if voting for the Republican candidate, you are doing your part to hand our 2A rights to Pritzjer, plain and simple. A protest vote does us far more harm than good with so much at stake.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What do you think not voting for the R will help with our cause? No D is going to help gain any of our gun rights back. Abortion will be a wide open revolving door. Death penalty coming back? Not even close. Quite the opposite actually.

I realize this is a 2A forum but I believe the right to life supersedes the right to bear arms. I cannot vote for the man who signed the taxpayer-funded abortion into law (HB 40).

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452275/bruce-rauner-medicaid-funded-abortion-political-betrayal-suicide

I agree completely. I will not agree to be a party to the killing of innocent unborn children. Period. Threaten me with whatever you like. Tell me you're going to take my guns away. Tell me you're going to raise my taxes. Tell me you're going to put me in prison. Tell me you're going to torture me. I WILL NOT AGREE. Period. End of story. Rauner should have thought about that before he did what he did. I will not support him and never will. Ever again.

That being said, I'm not particularly concerned about my 2A rights in Illinois.

Firstly, they couldn't even get a bump stock ban passed a few weeks after 58 people were murdered by a scumbag using one. It wasn't the governor who stopped it. It never even reached his desk. It was downstate Democrats who stopped it. Those are the people you can thank for the protection of the 2A in Illinois.

Secondly, I won't relinquish my arms even if they do succeed in banning what I have. Molon labe! Come take.

I realize this is a 2A forum but I believe the right to life supersedes the right to bear arms. I cannot vote for the man who signed the taxpayer-funded abortion into law (HB 40).

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452275/bruce-rauner-medicaid-funded-abortion-political-betrayal-suicide

I agree completely. I will not agree to be a party to the killing of innocent unborn children. Period. Threaten me with whatever you like. Tell me you're going to take my guns away. Tell me you're going to raise my taxes. Tell me you're going to put me in prison. Tell me you're going to torture me. I WILL NOT AGREE. Period. End of story. Rauner should have thought about that before he did what he did. I will not support him and never will. Ever again.

Firstly, they couldn't even get a bump stock ban passed a few weeks after 58 people were murdered by a scumbag using one. It wasn't the governor who stopped it. It never even reached his desk. It was downstate Democrats who stopped it. Those are the people you can thank for the protection of the 2A in Illinois.

Secondly, I won't relinquish my arms even if they do succeed in banning what I have. Molon labe! Come take.

I'll just add I'm not a single issue voter, maybe at one time but Rauner changed that.

CA is proof they can never just take you firearms away.

A Democratic Governor cannot do progressive income tax without cracking open the IL constitution, that will never happen. Unions would be INSANE to let that happen and union voters rule this state. The right to work free zones are a clear demonstration on this the only reason it didn't override is because to many Democrats were absent.

As for the 2A all I'll say is I've been collecting for a VERY long time, my wife never says don't bring home another gun it's don't bring home another SAFE that's my throttle.

I don't wan't to be a party to murdering the unborn either. I will vote against Rauner in the primary. If he wins and gets to the general, I will have no choice but to vote for him. Not voting is still a choice and it will benefit the democrat, who in all probability will be much worse with regards to everything I stand for. Why give Pritzger any advantage?

I don't wan't to be a party to murdering the unborn either. I will vote against Rauner in the primary. If he wins and gets to the general, I will have no choice but to vote for him. Not voting is still a choice and it will benefit the democrat, who in all probability will be much worse with regards to everything I stand for. Why give Pritzger any advantage?

If Pritzker becomes governor and kills more babies than Rauner, I will not be a party to it. I refuse to vote for either of them. I will leave the gubernatorial election box blank on my ballot if those are the two choices. In the meantime, I will help Jeanne Ives' campaign with checks and volunteer work.

As much as I hate to admit it, Illinois Republicans can't run on overturning Roe v Wade. Generally speaking R's couldn't run on that in most states. I am 100% Pro life and as a father of 4 will continue to teach the same to them. Unfortunately it is a sign of the times.

That isn't what we are asking for. We are simply asking that our tax money be isolated from abortions...as is the tradition across all 49 of the other states. Illinois is the only state that allows tax money to be used to kill babies and you can put that at the feet of Bruce Rauner. End of story.

Every time I hear that Tax the rich line it reminds me of a famous quote:

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

Look how well its working in Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea etc.

if jb gets in,and i believe he will this state will be just like california,i have been wanting to move to arizona and i'm sure many others will leave illinois.

If you think the exodus from Illinois has been bad so far, wait until the Dims raise the taxes. We have seen a similar process when "white flight" fled the large cities. Those that had the ability (and funds) to get out of the cities, did so. Look at what was left behind.

Raise taxes and much the same will happen again but from the entire state, not just the big cities.

As much as I hate to admit it, Illinois Republicans can't run on overturning Roe v Wade. Generally speaking R's couldn't run on that in most states. I am 100% Pro life and as a father of 4 will continue to teach the same to them. Unfortunately it is a sign of the times.

That isn't what we are asking for. We are simply asking that our tax money be isolated from abortions...as is the tradition across all 49 of the other states. Illinois is the only state that allows tax money to be used to kill babies and you can put that at the feet of Bruce Rauner. End of story.

I see a lawsuit headed down Illinois' throat filed by taxpayers over their tax money going toward abortions when that violates their religious conscience. It's just like the law that was enjoined, requiring docs to refer pregnant women to abortion providers for "treatment" even if it violates their religious beliefs. Some doctor(s) sued, saying it violates their First Amendment rights and got a preliminary injunction issued. Court said it's preposterous to state that abortion is considered to be "prenatal care."

Every time I hear that Tax the rich line it reminds me of a famous quote:

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

Look how well its working in Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea etc.

if jb gets in,and i believe he will this state will be just like california,i have been wanting to move to arizona and i'm sure many others will leave illinois.

If you think the exodus from Illinois has been bad so far, wait until the Dims raise the taxes. We have seen a similar process when "white flight" fled the large cities. Those that had the ability (and funds) to get out of the cities, did so. Look at what was left behind.

Raise taxes and much the same will happen again but from the entire state, not just the big cities.

I think it will be difficult to raise state income taxes again, not that they won't find some OTHER way to tax us, the flat tax is our friend.

The gas tax is going to become a BIG target soon if it isn't already, the electric push is clearly happening.

Theres already a completely electric truck and hybrid F150's in 2019 (or mid next year knowing Ford)

With the combination of people using less gas and the natural gas boom, gas will stay cheap (or more natural gas will be drilled, they seem a bit on hold right now) the state will probably try some 25 cent a gallon or ... vs the percent.

Archived