Chicago Tribune Endorses Marilyn Smolenski

AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Chicago Tribune Article States [Marilyn Smolenski] is passionate about self-defense and concealed carry due to a stalking incident in her life.

Chicago Tribune Article States [Marilyn Smolenski] is passionate about self-defense and concealed carry due to a stalking incident in her life.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-endorsements-illinois-house-two-20181012-story.html?fbclid=IwAR23XK8TFgMxFtVvBZprFmfMaQGPocXGR1b5skeSuh1o0nC3AZVVbSwqbRU

And her opponent is a far left anti-gun zealot who is beholding h to Madigan.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-endorsements-illinois-house-two-20181012-story.html?fbclid=IwAR23XK8TFgMxFtVvBZprFmfMaQGPocXGR1b5skeSuh1o0nC3AZVVbSwqbRU

And her opponent is a far left anti-gun zealot who is beholding h to Madigan.

That is a fair assessment.

Good candidate to replace a total ding-a-ling!

And next we need to work on McCauliffe.

I wish I could get more traction for 2018: Anthony Airdo, republican running against Kathleen (gun grabber) Willis in the 77th....

He got 29% of the vote in 2016....

She took a Republican seat in 2012, had only a PRIMARY challenger in 2014 and in 2016 was opposed by Anthony Airdo.

https://ballotpedia.org/Kathleen_Willis

2012 ( $ 569,100) (probably Madigan money)
Dem Kathleen Willis 52.6% 13,708
Rep Angelo Saviano (I) 47.4% 12,357
-------------------------------------

2014 unopposed in General Election ( $ 210,159) (probably Madigan money)

2016 ( $ 1,152167)
Dem Kathleen Willis 70.37% 20,806
Rep Anthony Airdo 29.63% 8,762
---------------------------------------

I REALLY don't think there was THAT deep of a demographic shift to the democrats (+7000 democrats), even though the district was (re)created through redistricting.

In 2006, 2008 and 2010 the district was Solid enough Republican that the democrats did NOT run in the general election against "skip" Saviano:

2006 16,009 votes

2008 21,848 votes

2010 14,596 votes

I live in the burbs, and I'm stuck with Andre Thapedi and Jacqueline Collins. Yeah, they represent me ...

The damned district starts at 75th and Cottage Grove, is only about 3 blocks north to south, and runs all the way to 8800 West!!!! Nobody gerrymanders like Illinois D's! Why are these maps going unchallenged??? They have completely diluted our votes in favor of Chicago. The district to the south does the same thing, running from 75th & the Dan Ryan all the way west to LaGrange Road!

Archived