G48 what do you think

luckydawg13

I equate 'full size' polymer pistol with increased magazine capacity. For non-LEO self defense use there are plenty of smaller, easier to conceal and carry handguns with equal or greater round count. My Taurus PT111 G2 (12+1) comes to mind.

That said, what I think about what YOU would like to own is worth less than what it costs you to read my opinion - LOL - You only gotta keep you happy, the heck with everyone else.

I equate 'full size' polymer pistol with increased magazine capacity. For non-LEO self defense use there are plenty of smaller, easier to conceal and carry handguns with equal or greater round count. My Taurus PT111 G2 (12+1) comes to mind.

That said, what I think about what YOU would like to own is worth less than what it costs you to read my opinion - LOL - You only gotta keep you happy, the heck with everyone else.

Randy I have a PT111 G2 also. I do like it, although I use my S&W 380 Shield for every day carry. Much lighter.

The new Glock releases are interesting, but I'm still not a fan of the Glock grip angle.

My strong hand also rides so high on the grip that I get slide bite without the beavertail backstrap.

Already owning a 23 and a 29, I don't think I'll be buying another Glock.

I hated the ergonomics on the Glocks until I tried the G34 Gen 5. It fits my hand really well and I shoot it well.

The new Glock releases are interesting, but I'm still not a fan of the Glock grip angle.

My strong hand also rides so high on the grip that I get slide bite without the beavertail backstrap.

Already owning a 23 and a 29, I don't think I'll be buying another Glock.

I hated the ergonomics on the Glocks until I tried the G34 Gen 5. It fits my hand really well and I shoot it well.

The problem isn't the ergonomics of the grip so much as it's the angle of the grip. Isn't all that changed with the grip their removal of the finger grooves? I know for some folks the finger grooves weren't in the right location due to their hand size, but they've always been a non issue for me personally.

When I come out of a holster, as soon as the gun reaches eye level, the sights are aligned and on target.

If I haven't shot a Glock in a while, when I do the same thing, the gun isn't pointed anywhere near alignment. This is due to 6-8K rounds per year, for 4 years, and 3X as many draws from dry fire with guns that have the 1911 grip angle (almost every gun except Glocks).

The slide bite I get is from my hand riding up really high on the grip to control recoil, but that's not as much a problem as the angle of the grip. I've put too many reps into guns with the 1911 grip angle to want to form the muscle memory for Glocks.

I don't hate my Glocks otherwise I'd have sold them. I just prefer other guns to them.

As far as glocks go?

In that order...is all ya need...

(There may better options for 10/sub10 round firearms...Yet the 26 still reigns with its ability to eat larger mags up to 33 rounders...)

Those are just the factory mags, there are larger mags available, up to 100rds. I won’t vouch for reliability, but they exist.

Archived