New ISP Website for CCW. Looks like they are getting ready.

TacticalVideo

So that's about 110 days from law to first applications available. (permit #1 was attorney general that same day so i dont count that day) but if I remember right they get 21 days (3 weeks) to process an application.

So worst case from signing the law to first REAL permit being issued? 131 days.Which makes sense, because this is Illinois it takes twice as long to do anything and costs twice as much! thus your 270 days for our CCW! :-)

Wisconsin was not under a Federal Court order so that situation is completely different.

No matter what happens tomorrow, this bill does not legally satisfy the requirements of the court.

If they were accepting applications tomorrow that would be a whole different story but they aren't. There is no legal carry law in place for us July 10th !

This is total BS and I hope lawyers go to town with it. Anyone arrested for UUW until permits start going out or are at least accepted can sue like mad.

So that's about 110 days from law to first applications available. (permit #1 was attorney general that same day so i dont count that day) but if I remember right they get 21 days (3 weeks) to process an application.

So worst case from signing the law to first REAL permit being issued? 131 days.Which makes sense, because this is Illinois it takes twice as long to do anything and costs twice as much! thus your 270 days for our CCW! :-)

Wisconsin was not under a Federal Court order so that situation is completely different.

No matter what happens tomorrow, this bill does not legally satisfy the requirements of the court.

Uh... he asked me how long it took other states. I just went back into google to see the most recent, wisconsin.

Uh... he asked me how long it took other states. I just went back into google to see the most recent, wisconsin.

I was pointing out that other states times have no bearing here whatsoever because there was no Federal Court Ruling.

I was pointing out that other states times have no bearing here whatsoever because there was no Federal Court Ruling.

Understood, but might want to drop the bold... :blink: makes my eyes hurt when not used selectively.

How will ISP officers and local law enforcement respond to citizens who are carrying weapons after July 9th?

The Illinois State Police will continue to enforce the law in effect after July 9, 2013. Assuming the law is either the version passed by the General Assembly or that amended by the Governor; citizens cannot lawfully carry concealed weapons without a valid Concealed Carry License. Citizens who carry loaded firearms without a Conceal Carry License issued by the Illinois State Police are subject to arrest. All citizens seeking to obtain a Concealed Carry License must have a valid FOID card.

*** (see red above) *** So does this mean we can carry with an unloaded gun...mag in pocket???

How will ISP officers and local law enforcement respond to citizens who are carrying weapons after July 9th?

The Illinois State Police will continue to enforce the law in effect after July 9, 2013. Assuming the law is either the version passed by the General Assembly or that amended by the Governor; citizens cannot lawfully carry concealed weapons without a valid Concealed Carry License. Citizens who carry loaded firearms without a Conceal Carry License issued by the Illinois State Police are subject to arrest. All citizens seeking to obtain a Concealed Carry License must have a valid FOID card.

*** (see red above) *** So does this mean we can carry with an unloaded gun...mag in pocket???

No it does not. When HB183 passes then you will still be able to transport a firearm according to the bill. You need to read the bill to know what you can and can not do.

I really see issue time going one of two ways. Quinn has been playing politics and dragging his feet all this time. Once he can't do that any more, they (legislators) may just decide the $ looks too good and push to get the process going.....or Quinn could instruct the ISP to keep dragging their feet and delay, delay, delay for as loooooong as possible. I won't take bets either way. Too hard to know which will happen.

I really see issue time going one of two ways. Quinn has been playing politics and dragging his feet all this time. Once he can't do that any more, they (legislators) may just decide the $ looks too good and push to get the process going.....or Quinn could instruct the ISP to keep dragging their feet and delay, delay, delay for as loooooong as possible. I won't take bets either way. Too hard to know which will happen.

Maybe they'll make applications available way before the 180 day deadline.

Keep dreaming. This is the ISP we're talking about.

Consider that four of the "supporters" of SFA2 (quinn AV 2.0) include the head and 2nd member of the ISP's Intergovernmental Affairs Unit, the junior of which was on TV today discussing the dangers of CCW holders "drinking shot after shot" even though he acknowledged they would be breaking the law as written.

The other two include the ISP's Chief of Staff and the ISP's chief Legal officer.

In addition, remember who the 2nd co-defendant in Shepard v Madigan was - Hiram Grau, Director, Illinois State Police.

I have no doubt that there are pro 2A cops who realize that law abiding citizens with guns aren't the problem. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd bet they worked most of ther careers outside of Districts, 2, 5 15 and Chicago and probably south of I80.

But remember ol' Hiram spent 28 years with Cops Protecting Daley, then 8 years with C®ook County. He's a (D) machine man through and through, and as long as he has his fingers anywhere in the mix?

My bet is the comment about "180 days" before applications are available, and then 90 days to process - even for cops who are using their MFT certificates - will be accurate.

May history prove me wrong.

OK - so now HB183 is law - I wonder how long before the ISP updates the transport part of their leaflet: http://www.isp.state.../docs/1-154.pdf

"HOW DO I TRANSPORT A FIREARM

THROUGH AN ILLINOIS COMMUNITY WITH AN

ORDINANCE THAT PROHIBITS FIREARMS OR

HANDGUNS?

Illinois’ Unlawful Use of Weapons law does not

preempt local ordinances from banning firearms.

Persons carrying or transporting firearms through

such communities could be subject to local firearm

ordinances. It is recommended that you contact local

authorities regarding their firearm ordinances."

Obviously, transport of any firearm and possession of handguns is now preempted. Perhaps Todd can prompt them via his ISP contact to get this leaflet updated - so we can all carry it while we transport.

I know the fight isn't over - we saw a foreshadowing of that this morning with President Cullerton and Kwame Raoul promising to continue to "work on this issue".

But on the other hand, Illinois really does have a CCW law now and I think some people are so used to being tricked, bamboozled and beaten all these years, that they can't believe it's really true.

They keep thinking they're going to get screwed over royally and the gun grabbers are going to find some way to deny permits to anyone - they're just waiting for it to happen.

I think they've done their worst - the place restrictions we all hate, that was the extent of it and it's done. I know we have more battles ahead. but I don't think the antis have any more tricks up their sleeves.

Archived