Current wait time for address change / carry while processing

Hi All,

I've read conflicting information about being able to carry while ISP processes an address change, can anyone point me to any solid information regarding law? I moved a month or so ago and put in for my address change a couple weeks back and forked over the $80+ to change an address..from the sounds the clock starts over again, so am I looking at a few months before I get my new CCL? Curious what others have experienced in this situation.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi All, I've read conflicting information about being able to carry while ISP processes an address change, can anyone point me to any solid information regarding law? I moved a month or so ago and put in for my address change a couple weeks back and forked over the $80+ to change an address..from the sounds the clock starts over again, so am I looking at a few months before I get my new CCL? Curious what others have experienced in this situation. Thanks in advance for any input! Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I did an address change 1 & 1/2 years ago. Took 33 days for FOID and 34 days for FCCL including weekends.

I believe your old CCL and FOID are valid while a change of address is being processed. There may be a short period of time that your FOID may come back denied if you try to purchase a firearm during the process due to the way ISP does things.

However, according to the FCCA, a lost, destroyed or stolen CCL is invalid and you cannot carry until it is replaced. This does not apply to a change of address or change of name.

• 1 month later...

Did the FOID/CCL address change online 10/23. New FOID went active 11/24. New CCL went active 12/13. Called ISP about being valid to carry with the old CCL while they were processing my new address for the new CCL. Was told by the very nice person on the phone at ISP that you would be valid to carry with the old CCL until the new one arrived (assuming your CCL was is good standing at the time of the address change request).

• 2 weeks later...
I have the opposite problem: got my FCCL with updated address over 30 days after applying, but my approved FOID hasn’t even arrived yet, despite having been approved early December. I suspect it was lost in the mail or my neighbors stole it, as the mailman has been leaving mail out in the open in the apartment lobby, and I’ve had packages tampered with previously.

I have the opposite problem: got my FCCL with updated address over 30 days after applying, but my approved FOID hasn’t even arrived yet, despite having been approved early December. I suspect it was lost in the mail or my neighbors stole it, as the mailman has been leaving mail out in the open in the apartment lobby, and I’ve had packages tampered with previously.

It is suggested to wait 30 days and if you don't have it by then, report to ISP.

It is suggested to wait 30 days and if you don't have it by then, report to ISP.

When I get a chance I’ll double check the date of approval again. I have no clue why my mailman is placing my mail in the lobby, so I’ll have to ask him why he’s doing that. Hopefully it just hasn’t arrived yet and wasn’t stolen.

Archived