Map of Judicial Cases in IL

Molly B.

Great map. Thanks!

A related article out of Washington Times ...

Two recently filed suits in Illinois are among a handful that could ultimately provide the U.S. Supreme Court its next opportunity to clarify the rather murky outlines of the Second Amendment, which protects the right to bear arms.

"Whether the right to bear arms extends to outside the home is the next battlefield," said Adam Winkler, a law professor at UCLA and a Second Amendment expert. "And if that right does exist, courts then have to wrestle with a whole host of other issues, like how far it extends and what kinds of permitting regimes are permissible."

The Illinois suits challenge the constitutionality of the state's gun-control laws, which ban nearly everyone from carrying firearms outside their homes and are widely considered the most restrictive in the country.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903635604576474660122080894.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Nice to see where our tax dollars are being wasted.

If we were losing, I'd agree. But these fools are putting up their best effort to make pre-heller arguments, over and over.

We've basically figured out the pattern in pacman - I say, spend away. My tax dollars have never gone to a better cause.

As for the map- I think its a beautiful map.

It'd be cool to make it look like the sim map used n the move "war games", but someone might poopy their pants over that.

I would agree that this is not money wasted. Of all the things we can spend money on, I'm glad it is being spent on restoring our rights.

It is money well spent and I wish they would spend more. Drunk%20emoticon.gif

Unfortunately, I have to disagree. They are wasting our tax dollars DEFENDING themselves from the suits which have been filed to restore our rights. They could simply digress, accept the direction of SCOTUS decisions, and give us our rights, without spending another dime to defend their positions. Then they could find FAR better things to spend our tax dollars on...

Archived